• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Sub-prime tactics! Fucking LOL. Gold.

I don't really see it though - it's not really like her song is actually flopping. Just being somewhat steamrolled by the Katy Perry machine.

I will agree that the 'she's so wacky' thing is not gonna carry her for very long. She better have some killer songs up her sleeve from this album.

It's like that PR release has zero to do with the album. How can someone write that then release Applause? I don't get it. But yeah - there better be some gold coming.

royalan

When you have your album be called ARTPOP and it delivers the same sounds from the last 20 years you're asking for it. She said BTW was gonna be album of the century, the song the anthem of a new generation.

ARTPOP was set to REVOLUTIONIZE POP MUSIC

85782-lady-gaga-artpop-news.jpg

I said it before. You can't be POP and ART at the same time. She CHOSE to be a POP singer. If she wants to be artsy and underground she should drop the pretense and fucking go and DO IT. Not release AVERAGE DANCE TRACKS and have to gall to call it ART.

Instead she is like OHHHH LOOK AT ME, I'M A POP STAR, I'M EDGY AND MYSTERIOUS. PO-PO-POKER FACE. BURQA-BURQA, YOU CAN'T SEE ME, I'M SO DEEP AND AVANT GARDE.

Because when you drop the pretense, the smoke and mirrors, the borrowed imagery all you're left with is a run off the mill pop tart with a handful of pretty good song who used media really well to get ahead of the game. Now the farce has run out of gas. She has reached her peak and we're witnessing first hand her decline as a top pop artist. She had a good run for what she had to offer but seriuosly, the spectacle never did match her musical output.

We're seeing the pop market adjusting itself as INFLATED GAGA STOCK is being declared by the general public as not worth the selling rate after her, her team, the media and her monsters manipulated her brand with SUB PRIME TACTICS and made her out to be ENRON MOTHER MONSTER. The GAGA CRASH is here.

Sell your GAGA stock before it becomes WORTHLESS.

D1CLVZi.gif

OMG, this post is everything and deprived of lies.

Between this and Ties, PopGAF has thoroughly slayed me today.

B-Dex

Should I buy BTD Paradise Edition? I still don't own it. I kind of want to in honour of her dethroning BL. She deserves the sale.

I agree about Roar. In fact, outside of being undeniably catchy, I don't think most people think Roar is very good. It definitely doesn't live up to the expectations Katy set with the pre-release promo she did. I was expecting something dark, gritty and NOT Teenage Dream. Roar fails on every level.

But I think you, Soul-sis, and Drew are looking at this the wrong way.

At the end of the day, both Roar and Applause are shit songs. Absolute shit. I can no longer listen to EITHER of them. Just utter garbage.

And so, in the absence of quality, most people are moving on to the next factor by which to compare both songs: strategic value. HEW is going to get the most out of their single. And that's where Roar wins.

Roar may be shit, but it's going to be EVERYWHERE.

Applause is not only shit, but it's extremely limited shit. It won't make it further than the gay clubs (something Gaga seems to be well aware of).

At the end of the day, Katy's just going to get a whole lot more out of her single than Gaga is.

Basically. The fact that it was listened to over 10x for analysis is just unreasonable considering that the bold claim is straightforward right out the gate. I listened to both once and they both did nothing for me. I'm a first love listen person.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think Applause has like wonderfully deep or interesting lyrics but how can anyone take "i went from zero to my own hero" seriously? This is beyond saccharine. You are going to get diabetes listening to this shit.

Ollie Pooch

The best thing that can be said about that is that she 100% knows her target audience.

Which I guess can also be applied to Gaga, given her lyric video.

Fey

Banned
RP has inspired me the post my own essay/rant on why Applause has disappointed me so, so stay tuned xo

I don't think Applause has like wonderfully deep or interesting lyrics but how can anyone take "i went from zero to my own hero" seriously? This is beyond saccharine. You are going to get diabetes listening to this shit.

But why are people thinking if you don't like applause, you must like roar, or vice versa?

Ties

Banned
Katy succeeded in crafting a radio friendly, foot stomping stadium smash while Gaga, on the other hand, failed to deliver a comeback single and the promise of "revolutionizing" pop music.

Not really any surprise when her clothing has always been the primary focus of her self conscious, hubris stained career.

ib26bjWOvIB6pt.gif

Ollie Pooch

Katy succeeded in crafting a radio friendly, foot stomping stadium smash while Gaga, on the other hand, failed to deliver a comeback single and the promise of "revolutionizing" pop music.
Her absurd claim isn't goign to materialise, obviously, but I believe it was made in the context of her album. So far she's had a single released to radio, with no video yet and no VMA's performance to launch it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
RP has inspired me the post my own essay/rant on why Applause has disappointed me so, so stay tuned xo

But why are people thinking if you don't like applause, you must like roar, or vice versa?

I don't know.

ib26bjWOvIB6pt.gif

Foot stomping? Like you do at Gymboree or Playarena? This is something I'd cringe at if it came from the Glee cast.

Katy's best stuff is when she's slightly subversive. Even her non-singing acting stuff.

Ties

Banned
Foot stomping? Like you do at Gymboree or Playarena? This is something I'd cringe at if it came from the Glee cast.

Katy's best stuff is when she's slightly subversive. Even her non-singing acting stuff.
The anthemic production coupled with the infectious chorus is definitely going to light up any stadium. This is the continuation of her Firework single, and it was clear that people really liked that song as well outside of the Chuck E. Cheese market because it still sells.

ib26bjWOvIB6pt.gif

You just need to get in touch with your inner plastic bag TBH.

ibiRMW5DpRlEM6.gif

cory64

Gaga's personality change the past few months makes me think that she thinks ARTPOP is kind of silly now but had already invested so much in it that she's just going to have fun with it anyway.

Ollie Pooch

But Aura seems to be just an Infected Mushroom song with her singing over the top. How much of it was Zedd's production?

Yado

but wait......

Why is there an acoustic (country?) version of Grown Woman floating around?

I was laughing at it at first but her voice is so fucking beautiful. I think I love it.

iskKyW6wUK2Nn.gif

botty

Banned
It's days like this I'm glad to be a #Fighter. Win or flop, my fave ALWAYS knows exactly who she is.

Was just listening to Back To Basics today. This song is STILL so beautiful.

I need my fave to release an R&B album.

wPQh6Id.gif

You aren't lying. And if there is one music trend that Xtina needs to jump on its this urban wave! I was listening to "Nasty" the other day and got so much life from it. I need an album full of stuff like that and "Tell Me"s. The queen can do pure pop well, but she is best when she is blending genres.

ibyTcJw6N1LIdK.gif

Okay, I've decided. The chorus is easily the WORST part of Applause. Everything else is serving me Gaga ARTPOP fierceness, but then the chorus hits in and it's straight out of MDNA. The "I live for the Applause-Plause" lead-up is so brilliant, very Gaga. The chorus though... makes more sense for Madonna or Kylie to run with.

I still can't get enough of the first verse. Gaga at her absolute HIGHEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom