• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

I want to buy it on sale, is that bad with every DLC?

If you get the base game cheap enough, it miiiiight be worth it. The game comes with three tracks by default, with about another five tracks as DLC at about $3 to $4 a pop.

There's also a billion cars you can buy as expensive DLC, but aside from the Daytona USA hornet, I'm not sure why anyone would bother paying for them.

Valkyria

Banned
In Europe there is a version with all DLC except for hornet for 25€ Vs 20€ normal priced game. Is there not such a deal in USA?

whitehawk

Banned
I want to buy it on sale, is that bad with every DLC?
If you like Ridge Racer, it's a solid Ridge Racer title. The gameplay is solid, the online is fun, there is a lot of customization when it comes to abilities/boosts. Biggest problem it has is that even with all the DLC, there's no sense of progression. All the tracks are unlocked from the start, so once you play them all... All that's left to do is play them again. There's no "career" where you progress and have fun unlocking tracks. It's all there already.

But if you are a fan of the series and can get it cheap, go for it.

13160600894_a2114d1499_o.png

Finally got around to getting a vita with too many games to play and little free time to play them. The oled screen is amazing. I have a droid razr with oled with a similar resolution and screen size yet the vita's screen just kicks its ass.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Animal Crossing: New Leaf:

Catching bugs at night, and a present floated by!

zlCfzRoHQP4my4O3WS

MGS3 HD:

13050699774_2e4c30acb6_o.jpg

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale:

Emmett is awesome.

13050767074_aebc37bb30_o.jpg

Valkyria

Banned
If you like Ridge Racer, it's a solid Ridge Racer title. The gameplay is solid, the online is fun, there is a lot of customization when it comes to abilities/boosts. Biggest problem it has is that even with all the DLC, there's no sense of progression. All the tracks are unlocked from the start, so once you play them all... All that's left to do is play them again. There's no "career" where you progress and have fun unlocking tracks. It's all there already.

But if you are a fan of the series and can get it cheap, go for it.

Thanks! I'll wait for a sale then.

Ty4on

Finally got around to getting a vita with too many games to play and little free time to play them. The oled screen is amazing. I have a droid razr with oled with a similar resolution and screen size yet the vita's screen just kicks its ass.

Pentile makes it crappy. It uses two instead of three colors per pixels reducing overall resolution. RG BG instead of RGB RGB.
rezound-screen-2.jpeg

ramyeon

Probably my greatest achievement in FFX yet... getting a time of 0 seconds on that god damn Chocobo Race for the sigil needed for Tidus' celestial weapon.

I am very happy that I never have to do that again.

JaseMath

JESUS CHRIST THE PAGE 1 PERSONA 4 SPOILER

Thanks for spoiling that considering I'm only like 20 hours in. God damn it... :mad:

Zornica

Banned
zlCfzRqiIfYTHqroiU

20 years later and I'm still waiting for that cutting edge 3d operating system...
(and Atlus couldn't even be bothered to up-rez the old videos?)

zlCfzRqim4siZj-fEh

again... the localisation seems to be all over the place.

Does this game change to native res at times? That last pic definitely looks native.

Seems that way. Most pics don't look anywhere near native res, but that one kinda does.
Very strange...

Yeah, it really does look like the game switches to native res, briefly, in super rare instances. The first time I noticed was during X's opening cutscene right before the game's title appears on-screen.

I mean, it goes from this blurry blob...

7nnIkea.jpg

... To this.

3pdEott.jpg

co1onel

Yeah, it really does look like the game switches to native res, briefly, in super rare instances. The first time I noticed was during X's opening cutscene right before the game's title appears on-screen.

I mean, it goes from this blurry blob...

7nnIkea.jpg

... To this.

3pdEott.jpg

Its amazing how much more detail you can see in the textures in native res

I also love how they made sure this part was in native res:

Flandy

I could post so many freaking FFX screenshots here but it seems you guys already have it covered. Might post some after I wake up. Too tired to look for any to post here atm

Top Bottom