• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

-Yeti said:
Awesome. Can't wait. :)

Are you happy with this?

yetison-portalfn23.png

I was either going to do it this way, or vertically (as in he's walking off left, and appearing from the right). I'm happy to do the other one, I was originally going to do two and let you choose but I thought this one turned out awesome... but if you don't like it let me know :)

I'm not sure if you mind the eyes being changed as well, that's another thing... I'll revert that back if you want. Just say the word :)

KScorp said:
Portal 2 got a further discount!

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7852/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_70

There is now a Portal 2 + Potato Sack bundle (which is the same as purchasing Portal 2 and the sack seperatly). A single copy now has a 20% discount as opposed to the previous 10% discount. This means Portal 2 is available for $40!

Sucks for me since I preordered only a few hours ago.

(Apparently not everyone sees the same screen I do... http://i.imgur.com/KfQ1E.jpg. Do you guys get the same thing if you go to the Portal shop page?)

don't see it.

:(

AcridMeat said:
Thanks again, this is absolutely incredible. Exactly what I had in my mind. :)

NP :) Glad you like it - I thought it turned out just right as well :D

blamite said:
I suppose I could use a Portal-ified avatar. Maybe someone would be kind enough to give my Spartan a portal gun to play with?

On it

(Wholly shit I have about 4 or 5 avatars to do now... sweeeet :)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Not really the same, but here are some rough P-body and Atlas avatars for anyone who wants them.
962c2bc746746ca44d4e8d4b99f84c806ad82351.jpg

85454770aceea5db70b03188bee8f965d437ae27.jpg

ColonialRaptor said:
Are you happy with this?

yetison-portalfn23.png

I was either going to do it this way, or vertically (as in he's walking off left, and appearing from the right). I'm happy to do the other one, I was originally going to do two and let you choose but I thought this one turned out awesome... but if you don't like it let me know :)

I'm not sure if you mind the eyes being changed as well, that's another thing... I'll revert that back if you want. Just say the word :)

Wow, looks great! But yeah.. I think I'd rather just have the original eyes if that's not too much of a hassle.

But seriously, thanks. :)

Zerokku said:
Would anyone be willing to portal-ify my avatar there?

And possibly make the white part transparent if you know how to do that

The ARG thing has made me go from looking forward to Portal 2 to full on hype. Cannot wait for Tuesday.

pikachuspy348ncu.png

This one is tricky... I'm trying to think of a creative way to do this but I'm struggling... just saying - I'll think of something, don't want to just do the standard..

clav

Hey could anyone of you check right now if Steam is downloading an update for Portal 2?

Mine is for some reason.

f9jk2c.png

These are the OP avatars that have been taken so far.

So there are plenty left. I'm also going to be making more over the weekend as well.

allavsnn3p.jpg

So I want GAF to help me make a decision here.

Do you all think that the Steam version is going to be unlocked in 9 hours?

I have the PS3 version pre-ordered but there is no way that I'm waiting until Thursday to play f it comes out on Steam tonight.

Basically though, I don't want to have to wait for it to download if it DOES become available to play so I want to pre-install it.

There's also a possibility that I will be given the PS3 version for free but that I don't know for sure.

Oh fuck it, it's not like it's a big cost... I'm going to buy the Steam version right now (talk about convincing myself).

I'm telling ya'll, I'll still end up owning at least the PS3 retail version, and probably eventually the PC version as well because I want the packaging.

Yes... I'm a huge Portal and Valve fan as you can probably see from all the effort I'm putting into the thread :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ColonialRaptor said:
So I want GAF to help me make a decision here.

Do you all think that the Steam version is going to be unlocked in 9 hours?

I have the PS3 version pre-ordered but there is no way that I'm waiting until Thursday to play f it comes out on Steam tonight.

Basically though, I don't want to have to wait for it to download if it DOES become available to play so I want to pre-install it.

There's also a possibility that I will be given the PS3 version for free but that I don't know for sure.

Oh fuck it, it's not like it's a big cost... I'm going to buy the Steam version right now (talk about convincing myself).

I'm telling ya'll, I'll still end up owning at least the PS3 retail version, and probably eventually the PC version as well because I want the packaging.

Yes... I'm a huge Portal and Valve fan as you can probably see from all the effort I'm putting into the thread :D

Just wait and see. If the game is released early (which it will be), cancel your pre-order and use that money to get the game on Steam. You're not missing out on anything (well anything worth giving a damn) by missing the pre-order period.

Zzoram

If I didn't have exams for the next two weeks I would strongly consider buying it now. However, I might as well wait for a summer sale since I can't play it for a while anyways.

ColonialRaptor said:
Actually my Pre-Order has no money down... so it's all sweet.
$20 credit on the Amazon pre-order made this a double no-brainer for me. I went with the 360 version just for easier co-op, but it seems like the weakest value of the bunch. But man, co-op!

JaseC

ColonialRaptor said:
I have no patience when it comes to Portal :p

hah

Actually my Pre-Order has no money down... so it's all sweet.

Buy the game on Steam, then? Even if it's not released early at least you can play the game as soon as it's unlocked.

Otherwise, you'd have to drive to the store and... effort, man. :p

Edit: There's also the fact you'd be playing it two days before the retail street date.

JaseC

big ander said:
You're super super late buddy.
All it says is that tomorrow is the final test. Who knows what that means.

Valve does. To the GAFmobile!

maniac-kun said:
The final test is the game.

Yeah make sense.

But better keep expectations low.

Thank God the weekend deal is very good, I'll be playing Splinter Cell coop goodness in case Portal 2 doesn't show up today.

Zzoram

I wonder how they're going to tie Portal 2 into the announcement of Episode 3. I imagine it's going to have a tie in since it makes sense.

Dead Man

Just swinging through to say great OP, and my PS3 copy will not arrive until some days after release day, so I'm out until then. Enjoy the ride!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm going to masturbate but hold off orgasm for eight and a half hours so the moment the game unlocks I can blow and have the best orgasm ever.

What about you guys?

EatChildren said:
I'm going to masturbate but hold off orgasm for eight and a half hours so the moment the game unlocks I can blow and have the best orgasm ever.

What about you guys?

I think you are probably on the same if not higher level of Valve / Portal fandom.

Do you honestly believe that the Steam version will unlock in 9 hours or so? I have a PS3 version pre-ordered (which if I buy the Steam version I will probably still end up buying because I want a packaged copy). However the game comes out on Thursday in AUS so that's about 7 days away and there is no way I can resist playing the game if it's released on Steam before then (and it will be because the US release is in 4 days so I don't know what I'm thinking because I'll end up buying it then anyway).

Do you think I should buy the Steam version now? It will be my first Digital Download / Steam purchased ever.

JaseC

EatChildren said:

What about you guys?

Kill a man for every hour I have to wait. Then have the best orgasm ever.

LProtag

Alright, just preordered it for PS3 and had it sent to my house (I'm in my dorm right now). Way too much work to do before I graduate, can't have the game around tempting me to play.

So I guess I'll leave you all once the game comes out to avoid spoilers... for around 3 weeks.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
EatChildren said:

What about you guys?

I'm at work.

EatChildren said:

What about you guys?

I just did the worst thing ever: wake up early, two hours ago.

It's 9:30 am here, I have a tedious hyper-hyped day of waiting ahead of me.

I'll just kill myself, I guess.

xD

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ColonialRaptor said:
I think you are probably on the same if not higher level of Valve / Portal fandom.

Do you honestly believe that the Steam version will unlock in 9 hours or so? I have a PS3 version pre-ordered (which if I buy the Steam version I will probably still end up buying because I want a packaged copy). However the game comes out on Thursday in AUS so that's about 7 days away and there is no way I can resist playing the game if it's released on Steam before then (and it will be because the US release is in 4 days so I don't know what I'm thinking because I'll end up buying it then anyway).

Do you think I should buy the Steam version now? It will be my first Digital Download / Steam purchased ever.

I'm in Australia too, so I hope it unlocks. Basically I'm, for once, going to hype myself up and expect the impossible to be made possible. I'm thinking that yes, it will be unlocked tonight. The ARG seems to be pointing towards that, at least from my perspective.

This is Valve and it is the internet hype machine so no matter what choice you make there's always a chance things wont go as planned. But end of the day, if it unlocks in eight hours I do not want to miss out. No sir.

I look foward to Valve games more than I look forward to new hardware. This is why I game as far as I'm concerned.

JaseC said:
Kill a man for every hour I have to wait. Then have the best orgasm ever.

Oh man now I want to do this.

Top Bottom