• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

syoaran

ColonialRaptor said:
Done.

Before
portalavatarm7cg.png
And After
portal-avatar-tfpotato67g4.png

Pretty happy with that one.

Thats very well done, good work m8 ^^

portal-avatar-tfpotatoh7w6.png

Changes were requested, and done now.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D

I was asked to make the potato and the light a bit smaller, and IMO it looks pretty much perfect now. I thought it looked good before (and the proportions were as per the helmet pic) but it suits the image now with them being smaller.

Suweeet :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ColonialRaptor said:

I was asked to make the potato and the light a bit smaller, and IMO it looks pretty much perfect now. I thought it looked good before (and the proportions were as per the helmet pic) but it suits the image now with them being smaller.

I think the helmet would be better none pixelated. You can't identify it as a potato. But besides that amazing job!

im6Jew.png

itxaka said:
Can someone portalize my avatar?

Here you go man, all done.

It's just a bit of a quick job, so I hope it's okay - but It's better than your red text paint job :p

I upped your avatars proportions to the new level and also put the Portal Logo and made the disc an aperture labs disc :D

neppcnew97qh.png

neppcnew2pxhu.png

Fixed the text a bit.

neppcnew25b7q.png

Version 3 - fixed up a few little bits and pieces, there was a sharp edge on the disc and stuff, now i'm happy. Was annoying me because it wasn't perfect before.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Figured i should get the spuds for Audiosurf, Meat Boy and Cogs seeing as i do own them!

Meat Boy was a pain, i had beaten it on my laptop but not the PC, and the save didn't carry, AND i had like no bandages anyway, so i had to get the 20 bandages needed for Meat World. Ergh.

Spwn said:
^^ And my PC kills video cards. I have to wait 'till June before I can afford a new PC and therefore have to cope with the PS3 version. I hope Amazon UK's delivery is fast.

Should I find it odd that the PS3 version is smaller? Because I do.

No arnt 360 games always that size even if its disc filler. Anyone confirm 720p only on ps3 output.

Salsa

Sn4ke_911 said:
I think the helmet would be better none pixelated. You can't identify it as a potato. But besides that amazing job!

Its hard to see it as a potato, but i think a drawn helment would look weird on heavily pixelated avatar, i had troubles with the same thing when adding the companion cube.

JonCha

Looking at the Potato Sack bundle on Steam isn't that good for Mac users - the only game I'd want to play is Amnesia (have SMB on the 360 already).

ColonialRaptor said:

This is just a comparison, I slapped out a non pixeled helmet for viewing purposes.

portal-avatar-comparis4bg1.png

I think pixelised is better, but it made me realise that i need to fix the pixel one again.

Here is the updated pixel one.

finaldxc5.png

itxaka

Defeatist
ColonialRaptor said:
Here you go man, all done.

It's just a bit of a quick job, so I hope it's okay - but It's better than your red text paint job :p

I upped your avatars proportions to the new level and also put the Portal Logo and made the disc an aperture labs disc :D

neppcnew97qh.png

neppcnew2pxhu.png

Fixed the text a bit.

Thank you man! Much appreaciated!

And I think my paint job is amazing! True modern art! :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
ColonialRaptor said:
This is just a comparison, I slapped out a non pixeled helmet for viewing purposes.

portal-avatar-comparis4bg1.png

IMO much better! WOW

CoolS

Cindres said:
Figured i should get the spuds for Audiosurf, Meat Boy and Cogs seeing as i do own them!

Meat Boy was a pain, i had beaten it on my laptop but not the PC, and the save didn't carry, AND i had like no bandages anyway, so i had to get the 20 bandages needed for Meat World. Ergh.

How do i get the potato for Audiosurf?

Salsa

great now youre making me doubt :p

maybe just the gold potato needs to be non-pixelated

ugh i dont know, keep on with the other requests man, youve done enough :p

I updated the Pixel one.

Needed to have the Potato pushed back a bit.

I think it's much better now.

Personally I really like them both, but the pixel one is better. It just suits your avatar better.

Sooner or later if you don't take the pixel one, you're going to end up with a non pixel art avatar, and it's pixel art you want so keep it pixelised :)

Plus, the Pixel Art version is quirky as well, like the lines in the helmet and stuff are sorta 'special' pixel art because it's just one or two pixels but gives you definition detail so keep the pixel one IMO.

"Follow the potatoes" just got posted as a comment on my one week old blog post about the first Portal.

That's ridiculous, haha. Are people literally searching anything Portal on the internet for clues? o_O No idea how they'd stumble upon my little blog.

Salsa

derFeef said:
Okay, I know we have not much to discuss about yet, but there is an avatar request thread. Just saying :)

hahah yeah this is gettin weird

edit: updated to the last one!

nofi

I wrote a wee bit - here.

Mini spoilers, but nothing that anyone who's been keeping up with the game will be surprised at.

The game's awesome, btw.

derFeef said:
Okay, I know we have not much to discuss about yet, but there is an avatar request thread. Just saying :)

Good point.

I'll PM completely with this now rather than doing in thread (except you can't PM with tags so I might just edit this post with any avatars and link people directly to this post rather than having pages and pages of avatar discussion.

FUCK I'M HYPED all this avatar making is just making my mind focus completely on Portal 2 and i'm going fucking crazy off the hype meter.

THAT COUNT DOWN IS GOING TO SLOW....

I'm considering going to bed and having a sleep to pass the time faster, but I am hungry and have more avatars to make.

Anyone who hasn't got their avatar yet, I'm gonna do it I just need to have a break for a little while. Will post them later on.

[QUOTE=nofi]I wrote a wee bit - [URL="http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/04/15/portal-2-will-blow-your-mind/"]here[/URL].

Mini spoilers, but nothing that anyone who's been keeping up with the game will be surprised at.

The game's [I]awesome[/I], btw.[/QUOTE]

How have you got it :(

Arnie

I'm so close to pre-loading this on steam in preparation for a surprise release today. I was planning to buy the console version when it releases next week but I'd be willing to buy today on Mac if I can be playing in a few hours.

Phandy

WHAT DO I DO GAF.

Ive got an amazon pre-order. But steam!!!!
I'm SO tempted to cancel it and pre-order on Steam, if its gonna be out today.

I didn't have any games to get potatoes though :( Hope its not potatoes only or anything.

WE SO EXCITED. Hype overload.

OMGZ my pre-load download is 1.5 hours behind the countdown.

AHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this truly is a 'test' or 'challenge' that we have to complete to unlock the game to play early, it's like the BEST THING EVER, i love community interaction like this.

Phandy

I caved.

Canceled amazon, bought off Steam - preloading.
Gonna be done in about 3 hours.

Infact this worked out better for me. It was payed for by my paypal credit. So no loss.
And even if it doesnt release today, when it does. I'm not at the whim of the Mail system. Waiting like 5 days after release for Dragon Age was torture.

Portal 2 PS3: No mouse/keyboard support

When asked about PS3 mouse/keyboard support, Portal 2's project lead Joshua Weier told the PS Blog: "No, unfortunately we don't do that. The whole game is built around playtesting, which extends to the hardware and how people use it."

He went on to explain: "We have people internally who played on the PS3 - we use it all the time - and we constantly iterated it."

Unlike other PC FPS games though, Weier says mouse and keyboard controls are necessary in Portal 2: "Luckily, Portal 2's not a super twitchy, complicated game, so we just focused on making a comfortable controller experience," he said.

I just don't understand this at all. Sony allows it. Valve has already built the game around mouse/keyboard. The game will have cross platform co op and steamworks. There is no competitive MP to throw off the balance yet still no dice?

Truant

Dilly said:
Smart move by Valve, create more hype and more sales on Steam just by the ARG.

Yup. I almost never buy games off Steam, but I caved in too. Cancelled my 360 preorder just now.

Can you use the 360 pad on the PC and Mac versions?

Holy crap you guys. I've been able to contain my excitement, but if I keep reading "I'm ready" and "GIVE IT TO ME NOW" I don't think I'll be able to manage much longer...
TheExodu5 said:
http://www.thejayzone.com/pics/portal/portal_achievements.jpg[/im

My body is ready.[/QUOTE]
I was trying to get all the achievements for Portal earlier this weak, and I gave up because I couldn't do the gold challenges. I'm not good with twitch games, and from what I could look up, that's what getting "Least Time" and "Least Steps" Gold required.

-viper- said:
I couldn't complete Portal 1. It was pretty difficult towards the end. I sorta gave up. :\
:eek:
Go back! It's still good. Assuming this was a while ago. If you need it, get a solution to that problem and move on.

Kyaw

Unfortunately i have to buy the PC version off Amazon :(
First i have to wait for them to give me credit on my trade in games...

Looks like i will be a little bit LTTP.

Top Bottom