• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

Fucking amazing. I love that Sega is willing to take chances on these awesome franchises that are just sent to die practically, it's almost as if it's some sort of horrible karmaic retribution for snubbing us all in the past :\ Also, how the fuck am I going to afford to partake in the flood of epicness come 2010? :<

HighFive.jpg

YAKUZA!!! :D

Travado

Jesus Sega, you know what come out in March already?

Sega has the worst marketing department in all history. :lol

Why not push the game to April/May?

El-Suave

Awesome, even if the release month is not very wise.

Now I need to play Yakuza 2! Started it months ago but decided to time the playthrough to work better with the release of Yakuza 3.

stawnkald

If March is so busy, they should delay every single other game before Kazuma catches wind and fucks those motherfuckers the fuck up for getting in his fuckin' way.

He fucks up angry tigers and shit, goddamn.

Loudninja

Travado said:
Jesus Sega, you know what come out in March already?

Sega has the worst marketing department in all history. :lol

Why not push the game to April/May?

Yes because that what we want a later release date.

-PXG-

Alright. Someone just needs to bring NMH: Paradise over to the west and everything will be peachy keen.

neojubei said:
March is going to be the most expensive month ever for video games.

Truly this is fact but what does one do when that month is normally the most expensive month for them in the first half of the year? My wallet will weep greatly

Dr. Light

Yes! So much March awesomesauce. You have....partially redeemed yourself, Sega. Although you should have brought over Kenzen as well.

Volcynika

Always kinda interested in this series, but never ventured to try.

I'd consider buying it at a cheap price if you can only turn off JP voices, and would consider a release date buy if it had the option of English VA. Hm. Waiting it is!

Thomper said:
Just got the press-release. March 2010 it is. Japanese dialogue, English subtitles.
Its funny they don't say if it'll be on Blu-Ray or DD. I wonder if SCEA did an exception...

Oh well, it'll be on Blu-Ray in Europe for sure :p

Linkified

Loudninja said:
Yes because that what we want a later release date.

Because to get the mainstream popularity and more importantly to get sales, its going to tango with God of War 3 get terrible sales then SEGA will announce it won't ever bring Yakuza 4 over to the west - and then the Yakuza cycle will happen all over again.

Is there any metion of price?

I would gladly pay 59.99 for it, but I would love to see it lower to give it a better chance. Sorta like what Atlus is doing with 3d Dot Heroes

You take this long to localise it and decide that March, up against fucking GOD OF WAR 3 and FINAL FANTASY 13, 2 of the biggest Playstation franchises known for decimating sales, is the best time to release it?

I mean thats even beyond the normal levels of Sega stupidity. The cover for this game may as well be a gravestone for any future Yakuza western release :lol

Absolutely thrilled to be able to play it finally, but goddam.

Ronin said:
I was wondering, has Sega announced a release date for RGG4?

There was an update on their site recently saying that a big announcement has been decided and will be announced soon. That's likely going to be the release date. So we might know what the date is when the next Famitsu comes out.

SecretBonusPoint said:
You take this long to localise it and decide that March, up against fucking GOD OF WAR 3 and FINAL FANTASY 13, 2 of the biggest Playstation franchises known for decimating sales, is the best time to release it?
Only to be able to pretend that Yakuza 3 sold poor just like 1 & 2 did, when fanboys ask for a Yakuza 4 west release :lol.

vazel

Banned
Don't forget Sakura Wars fellas. I've been salivating over those games for a decade and we're finally getting one.

I'm already carefully budgeting my money for all the awesome games releasing in the first quarter of next year. God of War 3 has been taken care of thanks to Amazon promotion money I got it pre-ordered for $15.

Top Bottom