• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

People are forgetting SMT: Strange Journey. It may not be as high profile but that shit tugs at my heart the same way Yakuza does, the same kinda way huge titles like GOW and FF don't (even though I'm totally getting them day one). Yeah, fucking March.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
SecretBonusPoint said:
You take this long to localise it and decide that March, up against fucking GOD OF WAR 3 and FINAL FANTASY 13, 2 of the biggest Playstation franchises known for decimating sales, is the best time to release it?

I mean thats even beyond the normal levels of Sega stupidity. The cover for this game may as well be a gravestone for any future Yakuza western release :lol

Absolutely thrilled to be able to play it finally, but goddam.
Its going to do horribly no matter when Sega releases it, so why even bother caring about such a thing?

And I'm rather shocked that it really is Sega themselves releasing it. Though Ignition or someone would get it. Yay, for suicidal Sega!

SecretBonusPoint said:
You take this long to localise it and decide that March, up against fucking GOD OF WAR 3 and FINAL FANTASY 13, 2 of the biggest Playstation franchises known for decimating sales, is the best time to release it?

I mean thats even beyond the normal levels of Sega stupidity. The cover for this game may as well be a gravestone for any future Yakuza western release :lol

They'll use it against us. won't localize any more game if it doesn't sell :lol.

Zep

Banned
Please be smart and not charge $60 for this..

$40 would work!

Sony has
________

MLB '10
GOWIII
GT5

Coming out the same month.. They're gonna rake.

MikeE21286 said:
Is there any metion of price?

I would gladly pay 59.99 for it, but I would love to see it lower to give it a better chance. Sorta like what Atlus is doing with 3d Dot Heroes
They don't even say if its Blu-Ray or DD, could be anything, its up to SCEA.

De-mon said:
Of course! :D :D :D Yakuza 3 will be translated to main european languages.
Huh, funny consistency then.

Yakuza 1: English voices, Multi5 subtitles
Yakuza 2: Japanese voices, English subtitles
Yakuza 3: Japanese voices, Multi5 subtitles

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Hydrargyrus

hey guys, don't forget that you can buy the game when you want, not necessarily in march (but I'll buy in March, with the rest :lol :lol )

Ah right, I forgot... listen up, SEGA.

Yakuza Collection (1 & 2) with trophy support, 720p & constant 60fps for PS3 pls. ktnxbai

Chemo

SecretBonusPoint said:

You forgot Gran Turismo 5, which is part of the biggest PlayStation franchise.

This is the dumbest move I can imagine.

EXGN

Kagari said:
So I guess the Ignition deal fell through?

There never was an Ignition deal. That was all just speculation because 1up broke the story and everyone assumed that Igntion was doing it because Shane worked there.

At any rate, they've got my money. Seems foolish to launch it in March, but if it's PSN only, that could keep costs down and make it a fairly low budget localization. I'll buy this over FF13 or GOW3 any day.

Baha

PSN release could really help this title with it's current release window. That said, how big is this game?

Darkpen

Banned
They better fucking market the shit out of this right after Bayonetta hits US shores. If I don't see them deliberately making it clear that this is a crime drama/action-rpg, and instead continue to let there be people who continue to think its a Japanese GTA, I will be pissed.

Hydrargyrus said:
hey guys, don't forget that you can buy the game when you want, not necessarily in march (but I'll buy in March, with the rest :lol :lol )

Unless they plan to put out a "limited" copy I would pick it up when it's out ;P

De-mon

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Huh, funny consistency then.

Yakuza 1: English voices, Multi5 subtitles
Yakuza 2: Japanese voices, English subtitles
Yakuza 3: Japanese voices, Multi5 subtitles

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

Yeah, but Yakuza 2 was launched at PS2 final hours.

vazel

Banned
Hydrargyrus said:
But don't wait too long. I'm sure this is only getting a modest printing run like many Atlus games since retail doesn't like to use shelf space on games like this for too long. Yakuza 2 is already out of print.

rvy

Banned
Technoviking.gif

IT'S A CELEBRATION, BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXGN

Why does everyone keep saying March for GT5? Is everyone importing it or did I miss the release date announcement?

GeoramA

Holy fuck YEAH :D

But I won't even be done with February's games (Heavy Rain, WKC, BioShock 2) before this, GoWIII, and FFXIII hit a month later.

My 60gb PS3 probably won't make it to past April :lol

Look theres "selling like shit whenever" and "selling like shit when every single person in the store won't even be looking at your game because of GOW3, GT5 + FF13". Gamer-bucks, specifically hardcore gamers, only go so far.

Why March? Why not April? All games listed are either March (GOW3, GT5, FF13) or May (3d DGH, MGS:pW) at the moment. Is April a forbidden month to release in?

I guess at least Yakuza 3's announced release is on big sites and official blogs. Yakuza 2's western release was beyond shameful in how it was dealt with, and thats what they pointed to as evidence of "lack of interest" that time around. Now they'll point to Sony owners only picking up THE MONSTER TRIO as the final nail in the coffin for the franchise's western hopes.

Darkpen

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
At least we are getting it. Thank god SEGA didn't waste the money to hire mediocre voice actors. I love subtitles.
What in the world are you talking about. Sega always has the best consistent voice acting in their localized games. Personally, I felt that Yakuza 1 was very surprisingly well dubbed, even despite the more distinctly American accents (as opposed to neutral American english).

LiK

EXGN said:
Why does everyone keep saying March for GT5? Is everyone importing it or did I miss the release date announcement?
It's at the bottom of my pile now. Yakuza 3 just drop kicked it outta my must have list :p

EXGN said:

I am, i'm not waiting for it any more than I have to. But its Western date hasn't been announced. But we do know that all versions of the game will be done at the same time. So it's just up to Sony Europe and America to decide when they want to release it.

Zen

Banned
Hopefully this means Sony has rescinded the requirement for localized voicework period, and this wasn't just an exception. Good show Sega, I'm already picking up All Star Racers from you for 2010, I might as well add Yakuza 3.

grandjedi6 said:
Its going to do horribly no matter when Sega releases it, so why even bother caring about such a thing?

And I'm rather shocked that it really is Sega themselves releasing it. Though Ignition or someone would get it. Yay, for suicidal Sega!

Maybe they're hoping that the games press will lump it in the same sentences as the likes of God of War, Final Fantasy XIII etc as a 'notable PS3 title in March'. :lol
Note: This might actually happen but I doubtful there will be much of a sales impact, though I'm oddly optimistic that this title will out perform the previous games...

And pricing it at 40 would be cool!

vazel

Banned
Darkpen said:
What in the world are you talking about. Sega always has the best consistent voice acting in their localized games. Personally, I felt that Yakuza 1 was very surprisingly well dubbed, even despite the more distinctly American accents (as opposed to neutral American english).
Excuse me, have you seen any sailors?

LiK

Darkpen said:
Yea, all the main characters were decent. It wasn't that bad.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
EXGN said:

I know I am importing it. March is going to hurt my wallet.

RedSwirl

EXGN said:

Officially it's March in Japan but Yamauchi keeps saying that the western dates won't be far off. He's indicated that western localization is done but the only reason they don't have those dates nailed down is for marketing reasons.

Personally I'm pinning GT5 in the west in April at the latest.

Kittonwy

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:

When do you expect them to release it if not in March? If they can make it Jan or Feb it would be better but anytime after march is like a dead zone, at least until September and by then the release schedule will be packed.

Victarion

Fuck yes, fuck yes, fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm so excited.
Definitely day 1 purchase, but my wallet will be raped in March.

This could really do with a month or two delay.

These are the games I'm definitely getting in Feb/March:

God of War III
Gran Turismo 5 (if it is in March for the West)
Heavy Rain
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII

Add that to the fact I'll be knee deep in my University Projects and stuck in a lab for days at a time, and my time will be ridiculously precious. ARGH.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Vorador said:
March 2010 month of the forever confirmed. :D

Q1 2010 is gonna rape my wallet so hard.

We said that about Q4 but the everything got delayed to Q1. :/

I'm sure it will happen again.

--

Is there a list of all the 'good' Q1 games coming out? I'm a PS Bot, so I can only recall a few games... BC2, ME2, MAG, GoW3, FFXIII, Yakuza 3, Heavy rain, GT5 (?)...

Top Bottom