• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

YOU WILL ALL PURCHASE YAKUZA 3 BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THE FULL VERSION OF BOXCELIOS II IN YAKUZA 4 THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Sometimes it is not about what you want but what I want, and I am playing the Yakuza 4 demo and I want it brought over now, so pony up you fucks.

fdu0pg.gif

Oozinator

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
YOU WILL ALL PURCHASE YAKUZA 3 BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY THE FULL VERSION OF BOXCELIOS II IN YAKUZA 4 THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Sometimes it is not about what you want but what I want, and I am playing the Yakuza 4 demo and I want it brought over now, so pony up you fucks.

fdu0pg.gif
your request lacks vigor due to "DEMAND" verb missing

SecretBonusPoint said:
Yes, sir! Paid for my preorder in full, sir!

P.S. Loving the RGG4 demo as well. ^_^

SecretBonusPoint said:

fdu0pg.gif

you're not alone my friend.

Does anyone think Sega MAY add back missing content from Yakuza 3 if it sells decently?

I'm getting the game regardless, it's still packed full of content and it's the perfect pick me up open world game after I drag through 30+ hours of tube fun in FF13 :p

Also is any of the DLC Europe is getting in the special edition any good? Is America getting it as well on the store or something?

Kyolux

SecretBonusPoint said:

fdu0pg.gif
When did the RGG4 demo come out? I took a look at the japanese store last night and didn't see it. Though I wasn't looking for anything in particular either.

Rimshot

I haven't been following this thread so sorry if I am asking late, what is it that is cut? Was really surprised when I saw someone added (Portions of) in the thread title.

My copy of Yakuza 3 has been despatched a week early! :D

Bad news is it and FF13 will both arrive on Tuesday :( Choices, choices. I was hoping it would come next Friday so I would've had a few days with FF13.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Looks like jetsetfluken got himself banned somehow, all up to you now Vard! :D
Audioboxer87 said:
If only they'd translated the content in the main game, and not all this extra DLC we're getting, that I don't understand :lol
:) True.
I'd sooner give all that up.

LiK

Mailenstein said:
Yakuza 4 demo looks and feels like Yakuza 3 - part II to me.

gameplay-waise, all the Yakuza games are similar. people shouldn't expect more than that. think of them like the 3D Zelda games ;)

I'm not sure what to think about the cuts since I've yet to complete the previous two (I did my part--I just haven't actually played them). Obviously, cuts/edits do suck...I'm just glad it's coming.

I'm seriously considering buying Yakuza 3...but I have no PS3 nor will I for a damn good while. I feel I have to because I fear not getting it later on due to poor sales/shipments, etc.

Goddammit, Sega =/ Why would you release Resonance of Fate near this? I want that over FFXIII/Yakuza 3...

Being a fan of niche games is not good when they get released in such a small frame of time from each other.

Also: SMT: Strange Journey...aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh.

Replicant

genjiZERO said:
The demo has convinced me to get this game. You can sing enka karaoke? Fucking tits

Same here. Maybe not right away because I'm strapped for cash but definitely after FFXIII/Resonance of Fate/GoW3.

Darkman M

MiamiWesker said:
OMG I love the Yakuza 4 demo. The four different characters change everything. Screw Yakuza 3, give me Yakuza 4. :p

Im scared to Dl the yazuka 4 demo since i haven't played 3 yet, any huge spoilers?

Darkman M said:
:lol me neither so it should be fine thanks.

Just a warning there is an epic sized cutscene in the middle of the story mode that is unskippable. If you want there is a battle mode where you can simply try out the different characters, so awesome.

Agate

Neo Member
Kinda bummed at the aspect of Sega cutting out chunks of Yakuza 3 for the western market, its seriously gimping the game imo.. :/ was so looking forward to all the features too..damnit if this is the pattern I'll have to import Yakuza 4 and wing it.

geebee

Banned
http://www.gamervision.com/users/coop/articles/yakuza_3_interview

Here's a video interview with the community manager for Yakuza 3.. no new info, but what he says at 2:36 is interesting..

..You can find girls at restaurants and take them out to karaoke if you want and build relationships with them.

So does this mean that the girls from the hostess bars will just be scattered about the city or what? Apparently the interview was a few weeks back before the announcement/news of cut features.

Also, the talk of the choice of release date and how to treat the loyal fanbase was pretty ironic.. :lol

Havent been able to try the yakuza 4 demo hopefully tomorrow. Also few more days now so excited, but I'm guessing no official thread? :[

Darkman M

I had a change of heart and went ahead and reordered this, was gonna wait and get it for the cheap because of cut content... oh well.

Vard

Iron E Man said:
Havent been able to try the yakuza 4 demo hopefully tomorrow. Also few more days now so excited, but I'm guessing no official thread? :[
I'll make one if nobody else does, but I wouldn't mind at all if someone else makes it. Too bad jetset got banned after saying he could help.

By the way, I suggest everyone download the Yakuza 4 demo now, even if you don't plan on playing it until after you beat Yakuza 3. Kenzan's demo was taken down eventually so better to be on the safe side and ensure you have Y4's.

MiamiWesker said:
Just a warning there is an epic sized cutscene in the middle of the story mode that is unskippable.
It can be skipped if you set "Event skip" option to "On" in the demo options (イベントスキップ - it's なし by default, you have to set it to あり).

Replicant said:
Am I right to guess that we'll never get Kenzan at all in the west?

Does that not have even more Japanese lore than Yakuza 3?

If so Sega would probably cut 75% of the content and give us BONUS DLC instead :lol

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Vard said:
I'll make one if nobody else does, but I wouldn't mind at all if someone else makes it. Too bad jetset got banned after saying he could help.

Someone better make it or else we'll end up like the XSeed Lunar thread :lol

Here I'll help with the name: Yakuza 3 official thread of cut content and bad boxart!

Wait maybe not... that would prolly scare people off...

By the way, I suggest everyone download the Yakuza 4 demo now, even if you don't plan on playing it until after you beat Yakuza 3. Kenzan's demo was taken down eventually so better to be on the safe side and ensure you have Y4's.

No ways I'm not spoiling myself even a little heck I haven't even seen Y3 outside of some screenshots yet!

Replicant said:
Am I right to guess that we'll never get Kenzan at all in the west?

Probably not. I hoped that Kenzan would be one of the games released on PSN as part of a "Japanese Import" section alluded to in the leaked Sega/Sony memo last year but we haven't heard anything more from that or even the Dreamcast games for that matter.

SecretBonusPoint said:

fdu0pg.gif

Grabbing both FF13 and Yakuza 3 on tuesday you fuck.

SecretBonusPoint said:

fdu0pg.gif

Sorry, dude. I want to play the full version of Yakuza 3 and despite my rusty Japanese will now be buying a cheap import. I have to do that for Kenzan anyhow since it's clear Sega is going to pretend it doesn't exist at this point. I suggest you take some Japanese classes because Yakuza 4 has no shot of coming to the west after the debacle of Yakuza 3.

Top Bottom