• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Portions of) Yakuza 3 coming to the West - March 2010

Thomper

anyolx.jpg

Just got the press-release. March 2010 it is. Japanese dialogue, English subtitles.

tass0

Banned
This fucking confirms it. 2010 will be the best year in gaming EVER. Yes better than 1998.

But LOL @ March. They are basically sending it to die and they wonder why Yakuza always bombs...

Likely to not get marketed and coming out in a hugely crowded month, then Sega will complain about the series not selling again.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Fuck. Yes. Original language with subtitles as well? Double fuck yes.

Of course, Sega fucks up the release date but fuck yes.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
vocab said:
Same month as two high profile releases. Fuck ya Sega!
This is a hardcore game as it is. Don't expect sales to be too cannibalized by the March releases. It's a busy year no matter what so one could argue the same for a ton of other games coming in the short time frame.

So we should be expecting Yakuza 4 in 2011, if at all? I'll probably still pick it up when I go to Japan in the Spring.

I also wonder if this confirms that Kenzan will never be released outside Japan?

Acosta

March, March, MARCH! Stop releasing stuff in frigging March!

In any case, awesome, really glad of seeing a company that can think a bit on a minority market and do this effort (because I'm sure they do it for that minority, that's why they don't care about releasing in March). I'm glad to see that my patience for not buying the Japanese version (as I did with 1 and 2) it´s going to be rewarded. Day 1.

Ardorx

Banned
I don't really think it matters when this is released. The Yakuza games just aren't popular in the west.

tass0

Banned
Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Gran Turismo 5, Yakuza 3 and MGS Peace Walker.

Best thing? My birthday is in March. wuuuut

First, oh yeah.

I feel conflicted though, knowing whats coming out at the same time I know I could buy this a month later for $30; I also want to support the series. What do I do gaf?

Top Bottom