• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Beyond Good and Evil 2 footage

Ricker

KingJ2002 said:
whoa... that can't be realtime.

that looks too good.

I whish it is though but man that's probably in game cut scene...if we can control that and it's that smooth i'll be surprised.

jett said:
It really doesn't look ANYTHING like the original game. If it's real the I just don't get what Ubisoft is doing with this game.

I doubt the sales figures for the first game were terribly inspiring, hence the shift. I didn't expect it to be this blatant, though. :/ Well, I guess I was expecting a dusty environment.

Ewww

It looks nice, but nothing like I anticipated for a BG&E sequel. I really don't like the style they have chosen, but I suppose it's no big deal since there won't be a Wii version anyways.

fernoca

Speevy said:
My memory of Beyond Good and Evil may be fading, but don't you sneak around taking pictures, avoiding bad guys, occasionally getting into a staff fight while upgrading gadgets and riding around on vehicles?

That looked like Assassin's Creed.
Well, maybe she was busted while doing that and that's an escape mission..

beje

Banned
jett said:
PS360, obviously.

Well, AFAIK the game is still in pre-production and they're using the same engine for Rabbids Go Home (same development team in fact), so I'd say nothing is still sure.

I bet there will surely be at least a Wii spin-off, especially when they already have the engine up and running.

Firestorm

HOLY SHIT!
Mirror's Edge in third person set in the world of Beyond Good & Evil.

I'm there. Went from "Want" to "Most Anticipated Title of Hopefully 2010 Please Don't Push It to 2011"

This was in engine take a look at the pixelation in the shadows. It just wasnt gameplay. More likely a scripted demo with beefed animation.

Speevy

Banned
She's investigating a conspiracy at the highest levels, but mess with her, and she'll jump off the rooftop and slit your throat.

fernoca

Revelations said:
This was in engine take a look at the pixelation in the shadows.
That..and the lighting at the end looked like the usual "shinny bump mapping effect"..were the surface looks shiny, yet the papers don't..

PnCIa

Revelations said:
This was in engine take a look at the pixelation in the shadows. It just wasnt gameplay. More likely a scripted demo with beefed animation.
Very likely, looks like they have SSAO in there too...you can see the artifacts when she gets close to walls some times.

jett

D-Member
beje said:
Well, AFAIK the game is still in pre-production and they're using the same engine for Rabbids Go Home (same development team in fact), so I'd say nothing is still sure.

I bet there will surely be at least a Wii spin-off, especially when they already have the engine up and running.

Uh huh.

Firestorm said:
HOLY SHIT!
Mirror's Edge in third person set in the world of Beyond Good & Evil.

I'm there. Went from "Want" to "Most Anticipated Title of Hopefully 2010 Please Don't Push It to 2011"

Yeah this doesn't look like the BGE world at all.

Cday

Banned
On one hand the animations are too good to be unscripted in game footage. On the other hand when she goes up that stairway it looks like the same animation is repeated when she runs into the wall.

Also to play the game like that it would have to have some serious navigation elements. Like Mirror's Edge.

Probably just a leaked cg teaser trailer though.

Looks too good to be realtime, but has too many graphical oddities to be pre-rendered.

I'm so conflicted.

PnCIa said:
Very likely, looks like they have SSAO in there too...you can see the artifacts when she gets close to walls some times.

I noticed that too, but it doesn't seem to be the same method Crysis is using, as it seems to be determined by distance from surfaces rather than z-deltas. It reminds me a lot of what Ubi showed of SC:Conviction last time they showed it.

Watch this video at around 5:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxjr_9mPlVE&feature=related

That's what it reminds me of.

Haunted

Did everyone forget the rooftop escape from the first BG&E?

beje said:

The Lyn engine might be built for scalability, but there aren't any Wii plans.

Last I heard was PC/PS3/360.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh my fucking god i would play the shit out of that and then shit and then shit the shit out of my shit and play it

beje said:

When UBI announced BG&E2 they made sure to say that this was real time

beyond-good-evil-2-unofficial-title-20080528000142484.jpg

beyond-good-evil-2-unofficial-title-20080528000139609.jpg

So, PS3/360/PC seem like a safe bet. And because of that it seems much more likely that it'd run on the Anvil engine.

Koshiro

This is a sequel to the legendary rooftop chase from the first game.

This is 100% legit, what we're seeing there is definitely the BG&E team's understanding of movement, momentum and animation as seen in the first game. For example, in the first one, remember if you were running on one direction, then suddenly turned around the opposite way? Jade would adjust herself according to a careful understanding of mass (taking extra steps to slow herself down, then turn around and quickly speed up again). You're seeing that feel here too, pulling herself around corners, picking herself up when she lands after a jump.

I'm also pretty sure this is real time, but scripted to the same extent as the rooftop chase in the original game - you still have control of Jade, but you're being aided to varying extents by automation as the scene requires it.

Haunted

SolidSnakex said:
So, PS3/360/PC seem like a safe bet. And because of that it seems much more likely that it'd run on the Anvil engine.
I'm pretty sure it's Ancel's (Ubisoft Paris') very own Lyn engine.

edit: Koshiro has the right idea

Chemo

jett said:
PS360, obviously.
Obviously nothing. I clearly stated that I could not watch the video, so I have no idea what it looks like.

That said, I support this being an HD platforms game, and hope that's what it turns out to be.

Haunted

Where's Anihawk? That's like me missing a RDR thread.

McBacon said:
Oh my fucking god i would play the shit out of that and then shit and then shit the shit out of my shit and play it
:lol

JCtheMC

Whatever happens, the game will not look that good when it comes out. I'd be willing to take a ban bet on that.

That doesn't look real-time and Jade's movements seem kind of stiff. That looked more like something you'd get out of a QTE.

Maybe it's a target render?

Haunted

Sega1991 said:
That doesn't look real-time and Jade's movements seem kind of stiff. That looked more like something you'd get out of a QTE.

Maybe it's a target render?
GAF's unfamiliarity with BG&E's escape and subsequent rooftop chase sequence is starting to get to me.

Also stiff movement, wat.

beje said:
Thu, May 15 2008

Not saying it means anything at all, but you know, things can change a lot in just one year.
Just drop it for now, and when new info appears bring it up again. :)

I was actually looking everywhere to buy the first game today, but I couldn't even find a used copy. It's irritating because I saw the game brand new at several stores not even a month ago.

This one looks good, but I doubt it's real-time.

Top Bottom