• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Beyond Good and Evil 2 footage

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
zoukka said:
Always the same people think these are real :lol

No. Fucking. Way.

the teaser
beyond_good_and_evil_2_screenshot.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkCXE1l5MVI

was real time.... and looks like the same level of quality as this to me

Looks technically possible.

It definitely looks like Jade, the camera angle changes are too extreme, though.. playing that would make a lot of people nauseous.

Whatever it is, I'd like to see a higher quality version of it :D

op_ivy said:
the teaser
was real time.... and looks like the same level of quality as this to me
Real time cutscene, yeah?
No gameplay, prebaked animation, prebaked camera movements.
Getting the same quality and fluidity as in this cutscene (if indeed it was real time) for a gameplay sequence, that would be quite a feat.
I'd be happy if they could pull it though.

plagiarize said:
there is no way that you could control a character to do what she is doing with a camera like that.

That's the giveaway, right there. It's too cinematic to be gameplay. Why is there an argument over this when it's so obvious? Oh, yeah, it's GAF.

Sometimes I wonder how long the people who believe this kind of stuff have been following gaming. I realize that sounds ridiculously fucking elitist, even for a board like this, but ... we've been fed this kind of bullshit since the days when CD-ROM was new. Anyone whose bullshit detector doesn't beep when they see this has to be a teenager or younger.

It's a really cool target video.

op_ivy

Fistwell said:
Real time cutscene, yeah?
No gameplay, prebaked animation, prebaked camera movements.
Getting the same quality and fluidity as in this cutscene (if indeed it was real time) for a gameplay sequence, that would be quite a feat.
I'd be happy if they could pull it though.

yeah, i'm not arguing that. it definitely looks like the end of a full trailer or cutscene. i expect to see the full (beginning) trailer at e3.

but it absolutely looks like its in engine to me.

Haunted

Truant said:
Never played BG&E, but I just watched 30 minutes of a guy playing it on YouTube. Looks amazing.
You owe it to yourself to check it out. Along with Okami and the Zeldas the best Action-Adventure of last generation.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Argh. I really hope Ancel or Ubi comments on this video.
No way, all that talk and speculation is the best possible advertisement. :p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
HK-47 said:
Since I'm guessing it takes place in large areas, GTA IV would be the game to look at for city creation.

Same with AC.

Hillys felt really alive so I cant wait to see what he does with a larger area and more people.

Ancel was ahead of his time, so he doesn't need those games for inspiration. You can see in the original BG&E that he intended to make game worlds that felt truly alive, and to focus more on immersion and the likes. This was also the case with King Kong.

BG&E2 is basically like he said, the true vision of what they hoped to accomplish originally.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:
I've looked at it closely enough. Anyone who thinks that's in-game animation just doesn't know dick.

You're saying pre-rendered, bullshit. Real-time graphics.

op_ivy

Darkpen said:
Gawd, they're purposefully avoiding showing close-ups of Jade! Augh!

I love her new hair <3

that trailer was "1. the pig"

i'm hopefully what we have here is "2. jade" and we'll see the full thing at e3

Ramenman

Fistwell said:
But i'd be shocked (and really excited) if the final product plays that fluidly.

Really? I don't think it was all that much smoother than Creed. Is looking great conceptually though even if it is just a pre-render, one of my main problems with BG&E was that the on foot sections could seem a little clunky.

Zeliard

It is pretty cool and somewhat unexpected that there's so much hype and fanfare for a sequel to a game that so few people bought or even talked about when it was released.

I don't think that actually happens all that often, but when it does, it's with the most deserving games.

Hey Lucasarts, this means you can hire Tim Schafer and his crew back and give us another Grim Fandango.

Haunted

Zeliard said:
It is pretty cool and somewhat unexpected that there's so much hype and fanfare for a sequel to a game that so few people bought or even talked about when it was released.

I don't think that actually happens all that often, but when it does, it's with the most deserving games.
It's mostly because of the good word of mouth. Just think how many people must've picked up BG&E cheap/budget priced/used over the years with all the recommendations.

In the end it might only amount to substantial hype on GAF, but hey, at least we'll do all we can for Ancel. :D

op_ivy

would be awesome if thy set up a pre-order deal with BG&E2 to get a code to DL the original from the marketplace (it is BC, right?).

otherwise, it will be interesting to see how the story is handled in the sequel since it sounds like it follows almost directly after the first and not a ton of people have played through that...

Ramenman

Graphics Horse said:
I don't think I'd noticed the bandage on Pey'j's arm before :eek:

Uh-oh... Did you happen to, say, TURN OFF you console before the end of the end-credits sequence ?

:O

Or with platform exclusives amirite har har har etc.

Fistwell said:
Yeah, i think that's possible.
But i'd be shocked (and really excited) if the final product plays that fluidly.
in engine is possible. it's that or pre-rendered using in game assets. no way that's game play though.

Pachimari

Okay, so I'm doing an official 'Beyond Good & Evil 2' thread at another forum and I need all the information I can get (currently playing number 1, so I don't need info on that one just yet). Where is the link for that recent interview with Michel Ancel here on NeoGAF?

Meier

Looks stunning but I really didn't want the gameplay to go in this direction. I hope this isn't completely indicative of the new style...first game is in my top 5 for last gen so straying so far from its formula is a bit disappointing.

Snaku

Banned
Meier said:
Looks stunning but I really didn't want the gameplay to go in this direction. I hope this isn't completely indicative of the new style...first game is in my top 5 for last gen so straying so far from its formula is a bit disappointing.

i1bd3b.jpg

ArjanN

The people who think this looks too much like Mirror's Edge or Assassins Creed haven't realized that's just what platforming looks like now on 'next-gen' systems.

Ramenman

Meier said:
Looks stunning but I really didn't want the gameplay to go in this direction.

I can't believe there is that much post like this in the whole thread.

I can understand people being skeptical on art direction or general look or something, but gameplay-wise ?
what "direction" are you talking about ?

This is merely the first BG&E's rooftop chase.

Nafai1123 said:
Not necessarily, could be pre-rendered using in-game assets...

Yes, but then it would be neither "in-game" or "real-time." Like you said, it would be pre-rendered using the same models that are used in-game.

Nafai1123

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
Yes, but then it would be neither "in-game" or "real-time." Like you said, it would be pre-rendered using the same models that are used in-game.

Notice I said "in-engine" and not "in-game"

Semantics...serious business! :p

K' Dash

Ok guys, I never played this gem and now with all the hype I must get it :lol , is it compatible with the 360?, one console owner here :(

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ramenman said:
I can't believe there is that much post like this in the whole thread.

I can understand people being skeptical on art direction or general look or something, but gameplay-wise ?
what "direction" are you talking about ?

This is merely the first BG&E's rooftop chase.
Probably most of the users complaining haven't played the first game.
Rooftop chase scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy7DrxuW7rA

Ramenman

Jocchan said:
Probably most of the users complaining haven't played the first game.

But why the fuck would they care about 2 if they didn't play 1 ?

Even on GAF, that's something I've never seen :/

Firestorm

K' Dash said:
Ok guys, I never played this gem and now with all the hype I must get it :lol , is it compatible with the 360?, one console owner here :(
Nope. But it's $10 on Steam. Play it on the PC.

Ramenman

Gravijah said:
...Killzone 2?

See post #420 :p

I didn't mean "how could they care about Beyond Good & Evil 2" as a whole, but how could they care (know?) that the gameplay will be different if they weren't even there to enjoy it the first time.

Gravijah

Ramenman said:
See post #420 :p

I didn't mean "how could they care about Beyond Good & Evil 2" as a whole, but how could they care (know?) that the gameplay will be different if they weren't even there to enjoy it the first time.

Forums+Gamers

From earlier in the thread...

Buckethead said:
If Rihanna/Cassie is the top of the barrel of musical leaks, you need some new tunes brother. Not to be an ass, but c'mon......
]

:lol

Some of you really need to visit both forums...

Anyway...the video is great but it looks too real, wheres my sci fi, green lit purple world?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ArjanN said:
The people who think this looks too much like Mirror's Edge or Assassins Creed haven't realized that's just what platforming looks like now on 'next-gen' systems.

Huh? By that logic, Street Fighter 4 and Virtua Fighter 5 are the same thing. Or Ridge Racer 5 and Gran Turismo 5.

Parkour is a specific thing, a distinct style. There are endless ways to do platforming on next gen hardware. Crackdown and Super Mario Galaxy, for example.

This is Parkour, plain and simple. I'm not besmirching it because of that, but to deny that's what it is seems unreasonable to me.

Top Bottom