• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

RavenFox

Banned
VegaShinra said:
Translation?

A new Metal Gear game was revealed in leaked Famitsu scans. Since then, people have been rushing to try to translate the article and get some details on the new title. Here is what we've found so far.

It's going to be 1 game PSP and 1 PS3 with interconnectivity between the two. They hinted at advances in story by playing through both. The New Metal gear takes place about 7 years after MGS4. That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (posibly Akiba?)

http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1208
No mention of Raiden that is all. Thx Vega
That guys Goukis translation was on point with this guy not being Big Boss.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
soldat7 said:
Les Enfants Terribles. What if there was another program similar to this? That might explain why Raiden of MGS4 and this character (Grey Fox???) look alike...

There was one, see MPO. Perfect Soldier program. The link to Gray Fox was already confirmed it that regard in the database, as Raiden was subjected to the Perfect Soldier program just like Gray Fox was in MPO.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Aenima said:
Looks like Grey Fox to me too, he was blind from a eye. Raiden alwayes had both intact.

He only became blind during the fight against Rex.

Bit-Bit

So lets recap from what I can remember about the games and some of the missing parts of Raiden using the database.

Raiden goes to find Sunny at the end of MGS2. He rescues her and gets captured by the Patriots who than proceeds to turn him into a cyborg ninja. He than at some point is rescued by Paradise Lost and asked to steal both Solidus' and Big Boss' body.

Ether Snake's theory about Raiden reliving parts of Big Boss' life makes the most sense to me from the way that Raiden acts in MGS4 and how Raiden has previously relived Solid Snakes mission of Shadow Moses.

I'm willing to bet that in order to find out where Big Boss' body is hidden, Raiden must relive important key points of Big Boss' life and learn what Big Boss had learn.

Kind of like Harry having to find the Horcuxes in Harry Potter by using Voldemort's memory, if you will.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Darkpen said:
While I'm not doubting your speculation, according to the MGS Database, Raiden infiltrates Area 51 in collaboration with Paradise Lost, gets Sunny extracted, but he gets captured, and is tested on and turned into a cyborg, filled with controlling nanos. He is then later saved by Paradise Lost, and Dr. Madnar, the cybernetics expert, helps Raiden recover as his bad-nanos are removed from his body.

I want to play all of this. Please Kojima.

RavenFox

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Raiden never had eye damage either. So who is Raiden a clone of? Also why eyes turn from blue to brown?Since our old man in the scan is also a clone? I think the answer is obvious. E3 is going to own us.

SRG01

RavenFox said:
No mention of Raiden that is all. Thx Vega
That guys Goukis translation was on point with this guy not being Big Boss.

Can't be Akiba. He's blonde. Eyepatch guy has brown hair.

kairu

DXPetti said:
Was Akiba in MGS2 though?

EDIT: Wiki confirms Voice Only appearance

Yeah, when solidus and ocelot are talking (and you're in the hostage room) if you use the directional mic and look off to the left you can hear akiba having some troubles in the bathroom.

MCermak

Yeah, why couldn't it be snake. I mean, he certainly looked like he could super age and die soon. But who else is a clone of big boss, played parts in mgs1 2 and 4 and rapidly aged?

Darkpen

Banned
DXPetti said:
Was Akiba in MGS2 though?

EDIT: Wiki confirms Voice Only appearance
Akiba appears only as a voice clip during the scene where you have the microphone mid-Agent Ames cutscene. He's off to the left, having diarrhea.

VegaShinra

Can it be him?

akiba.jpg

DrPirate

Banned
Darkpen said:
Akiba appears only as a voice clip during the scene where you have the microphone mid-Agent Ames cutscene. He's off to the left, having diarrhea.

he also encounters emma behind one of the base of the struts, and he has to run off to the bathroom. It's a pretty funny dialogue though.

SRG01

Darkpen said:

No, he also appears during the bridge crossing when you have to protect Otacon's sister.

edit: beaten

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
While I don't think that's Gray Fox (purely based on the refinement of the robot parts that Raiden has in comparison to Gray Fox), you do see that Gray Fox has one blind eye during the cutscene before he ultimately loses the eye.

Dreweyes

Kojima's playing a practical joke, I know it!

lolkojima.jpg

Aaaaaaaand can we finally settle this arguement?

Blue Eyes!
raiden-thumb.jpg

Brown Eyes!
new_raiden.jpg

Blue Eyes!
Raiden2.jpg

Turk

EmCeeGramr said:
If this is a game starring Johnny, and it reveals that he's a Big Boss clone, then Kojima can just go to Hell. There, I said it.
I hope he does it. The fan breakdowns on gaf will be worth it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
FtsH said:
you can only do that by travelling to the past (assuming one playable character of course).

Or by reliving the memories.

Look at this trailer of MGS3, it was one of the first MGS3 trailers, probably at a time when the "relive the memories" idea was still no scrapped.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2k4-mgs3-snake/87

They explicitly show the sequence where Snake says "We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our sad and messy history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing"

It was planned early to be to a digitized memory of Big Boss, even the promotional campaign had "Relive the memories", and the MGS Digital Graphic Novel website still has the old "Memory Rebuilding Process" interface, which practically proves that this was originally planned:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs_dgn/index_en.html

MENTAL SEARCH MODE

MEMORY BUILDING SIMULATION

This was even before Assassin's Creed, it was an idea Kojima was exploring a while ago.

This idea was strongly supported, it still makes perfect sense, heck, even more.

24lugt4.jpg

Hy_

EmCeeGramr said:
If this is a game starring Johnny, and it reveals that he's a Big Boss clone, then Kojima can just go to Hell. There, I said it.

Pretty sure that was revealed in the first MGS.

RavenFox

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Or by reliving the memories.

Look at this trailer of MGS3, it was one of the first MGS3 trailers, probably at a time when the "relive the memories" idea was still no scrapped.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2k4-mgs3-snake/87

They explicitly show the sequence where Snake says "We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our sad and messy history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing"

It was planned early to be to a digitized memory of Big Boss, even the promotional campaign had "Relive the memories", and the MGS Digital Graphic Novel website still has the old "Memory Rebuilding Process" interface, which practically proves that this was originally planned:

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/mgs_dgn/index_en.html

MENTAL SEARCH MODE

MEMORY BUILDING SIMULATION

This was even before Assassin's Creed, it was an idea Kojima was exploring a while ago.

This idea was strongly supported, it still makes perfect sense, heck, even more.

24lugt4.jpg
Damn Snake your the man. You even get an Assasins creed outfit in the MGS4. Looks like Kojima is up to a whole lot.

Hy_ said:
Pretty sure that was revealed in the first MGS.

No, they said that the Genome Soldiers had some basic genes pertaining to things like reflexes and aggression and intelligence spliced in from Big Boss. They didn't make them into Big Boss clones.

Besides, Johnny's afraid of needles, he probably didn't get the therapy anyway. :p

hobart

Pretend I know nothing about the series...

Why can't this be Snake? Furthermore... why can't this be the new series' new villain?

It makes little sense for this to be a remake, or a prequel. Kojima wanted something "new." So... although he's using some of his old "ideas," I still think he wants something fresh. This isn't MG*S*... it's MG__. I think we will see elements of the prior series in here... but I know Kojima wants to tell a new story. In telling this new story it may span some elements that take place in the past... but at the end of the day we've got a new set of toys to deal with here.

Raiden takes the wheel on the new series.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
VegaShinra said:
Translation?

A new Metal Gear game was revealed in leaked Famitsu scans. Since then, people have been rushing to try to translate the article and get some details on the new title. Here is what we've found so far.

It's going to be 1 game PSP and 1 PS3 with interconnectivity between the two. They hinted at advances in story by playing through both. The New Metal gear takes place about 7 years after MGS4. That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (posibly Akiba?)

http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1208

This is bullshit, someone with some credibility prove us that this was in the interview.

Well. As i said in the other thread, haven't read the previous posts but I get it. It's too obvious (or maybe not too obvious).

"Metal Gear Solid Prologue: Raiden" at E3

It'll feature Raiden's quest from MGS2 all the way to MGS4 including
The rescue of Sunny and Big Boss' rescue with EVA's support and Raiden's creation as the cyborg.

RavenFox

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
This is bullshit, someone with some credibility prove us that this was in the interview.
These guys aren't a site like kota... but yeah from the translation that I got some of this stuff is not in there.
shagg_187 said:
Well. As i said in the other thread, haven't read the previous posts but I get it. It's too obvious (or maybe not too obvious).

"Metal Gear Solid Prologue: Raiden" at E3

It'll feature Raiden's quest from MGS2 all the way to MGS4 including
The rescue of Sunny and Big Boss' rescue with EVA's support and Raiden's creation as the cyborg.
But its not Raiden lol. He's a family man now.

VegaShinra

Ether_Snake said:
That's why I put the ?. They say they got it from various places.

I'm trying to translate the article myself still.

Neiteio

Can someone pleeeeeeeeease make a 1280x800 wallpaper of the "Big Boss" image without the countdown timer?

Pleeeeeeeeeease? ;__;

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
RavenFox said:
These guys aren't a site like kota... but yeah from the translation that I got some of this stuff is not in there.

It is DEFINITELY not in the interview, no way he would give that much info.

People are jumping to conclusions saying this is set after MGS4 now because of that site, :lol

Top Bottom