• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RavenFox said:
These guys aren't a site like kota... but yeah from the translation that I got some of this stuff is not in there.

Why are you keeping it for yourself? :/

Hy_

EmCeeGramr said:
No, they said that the Genome Soldiers had some basic genes pertaining to things like reflexes and aggression and intelligence spliced in from Big Boss. They didn't make them into Big Boss clones.

Besides, Johnny's afraid of needles, he probably didn't get the therapy anyway. :p

My MGS1 lore is a bit hazy then :p Just remember Johnny in MGS4 looking eerily similar to Snake and thinking he was a clone from the Human Genome Soldier Project.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
^ He was the guard when you're naked Raiden. Or was it the Ames part? I can't remember.

I don't even know what I believe anymore. :lol

RavenFox said:
But its not Raiden lol. He's a family man now.

He is a family man NOW. he wasn't a family man when he became a cyborg. It's definitely a sequel for MGS series is pretty much dead after MGS4. Everything is said and done and there is nothing that can carry the story unless you start summing up where Raiden disappeared after MGS2, how he became a cyborg and whatnot.

I would be REALLY surprised if it's NOT Raiden and it's a sequel instead of a prequel (Oh and I meant to say Prequel not Prologue but you get the idea).

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Wait. Akiba was in MGS2? Mind=BLOWN. How?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTt1ZQtryQc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBFCMXgUdCI

I'm not sure if he was the guy pissing outside The Big Shell but yeah...

Turk

Thats not Raiden. it's Sunny.
1zvpyqa.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
BTW, Militaires Sans Frontières means "Military Without Borders", which is actually a play on word with the NGO "Médecins Sans Frontières"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Médecins_Sans_Frontières

Médecins Sans Frontières (pronounced medecinssansfrontieres.ogg [mɛtsɛ̃ sɑ̃ fʁɔ̃tjɛʁ] (help·info)), or Doctors Without Borders, is a secular humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic disease.

Médecins Sans Frontières was created in 1971 by a small group of French doctors in the aftermath of the Biafra secession, who believed that all people have the right to medical care regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation, and that the needs of these people supersede respect for national borders.

So it's probably just a precursor attempt by Big Boss to Outer Heaven.

RavenFox

Banned
TTP said:
Why are you keeping it for yourself? :/
posted a few pages back buddy:D
1. (The Big Boss image is posted above)
Interviewer: "Is that Big Boss?"
Kojima: It's a little different from XX
(or XXX's next form is a little different)
Interviewer: "Whaaaattt? Different???"

Kojima: I still can't tell you what the title is, but this is the real deal. Put it this way, it's part of the orthodox "Metal Gear Saga"
(The text below was mostly blocked out, but it talked about what timeframe the game is based in, and it appears that it's across all time periods)

Kojima: I want the game's core to be aimed towards Japan, and released globally. XXX... It's being made by MGS4 staff
Interviewer: That's awesome!

Kojima: The symbol on the cap of the old man (he did not say Big Boss) will be important
Interviewer: This symbol is different from the fox, it looks like a world map
Kojima: No just the mark, but the system of the game will be new!
Note: Kojima uses "This old man" a lot through the interview rather than referring to Big Boss

Interviewer: It sounds interesting, but do you think people will understand it at all?
Kojima: I think people will understand

Well... Tried my best to translate it, but it's so hard with all the blocked out text... bloody Kojima. That's all I can do for now, maybe I'll give it another go later

Summary:
Interestingly the old man in the cap might not be Big Boss, the story will be part of the main MGS saga and it will go through different time periods. New game system, and it's being made by the staff from MGS4
exgouki @ gametrailers gets the cred

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Wait. Akiba was in MGS2? Mind=BLOWN. How?

If I remember correctly, you have to use the Mic on Emma while you help her cross across that one part of the game with the sniper rifle. She and Akiba have a small conversation hidden behind one of the structures of the big shell.

DrPirate said:
I just read this from some site.

Take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

A new Metal Gear game was revealed in leaked Famitsu scans. Since then, people have been rushing to try to translate the article and get some details on the new title. Here is what we've found so far.

It's going to be 1 game PSP and 1 PS3 with interconnectivity between the two. They hinted at advances in story by playing through both. The New Metal gear takes place about 7 years after MGS4. That is not Big Boss, that is actually his most recent clone. I'll give you a hint, he played a roll in MGS, MGS2, MGS4. The deceptive part is his age, over the last 7 years his aging has been rapid (posibly Akiba?).
I KNEW IT! That is, if it turns out to be true. ;)
From the moment I saw Akiba's face I thought he was a clone. He looks just like a young Snake.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
blindrocket said:
I KNEW IT! That is, if it turns out to be true. ;)
From the moment I saw Akiba's face I thought he was a clone. He looks just like a young Snake.

That site is lying, it is not in the interview, no one credible has said it was.

Darkpen said:
:lol :lol

no way the cybernetic person in the scan is Sunny. Shoulder's are too broad and beefy.

I was about to post something similar.

It would be hilarious if it did end up being her though.

jett

D-Member
Dreweyes said:
Kojima's playing a practical joke, I know it!

lolkojima.jpg

Aaaaaaaand can we finally settle this arguement?

Brown Eyes!

Blue Eyes!
Raiden2.jpg

Look at the faces. It's the same fucking face. It's Raiden.

seat

jett said:
I'm also still skeptical about the eye color in the scan. It's such a crappy photo that the eye color is not definite.

Datrio

We have:

* E3
* Pre

MGS5, reliving the memories of Raiden (as Grey Fox) and Solid Snake (as Big Boss), I'm calling it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
jett said:

Yes but you see, no one noticed that the president of the USA looked like Big Boss (and Snake), and Snake didn't notice that Raiden was a clone of Gray Fox, and Old Snake did not notice that Akiba was a clone of himself!

Kojima woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

Crisis

Banned
If the "Big Boss" theory running around that it's Johnny is true I bet Kojima wishes he hadn't already used "Liquid Snake". :lol

I'm sorry.

Darkpen

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
http://www.testriffic.com/resultfiles/12554Snake.jpg
[IMG]http://www.gameater.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/solid_snake.jpg

Look at the faces. It's the same fucking face. It's Snake.[/QUOTE]
:lol

You know, admittedly, I noticed that too back when the SSBB trailer w/ Snake came out. Solid Snake and Big Boss have very subtle unique facial differences that helps differentiate each other, yet in SSBB, its clearly BB's head stuck on SS's body.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Dreweyes said:
Anyone consider "The Old Man" might be young Roy Campbell?

youngroy.jpg

Never noticed that Roy was also a clone of Big Boss.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Yes but you see, no one noticed that the president of the USA looked like Big Boss (and Snake), and Snake didn't notice that Raiden was a clone of Gray Fox, and Old Snake did not notice that Akiba was a clone of himself!

Kojima woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh
:lol :lol

Top Bottom