• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

jett

D-Member
RavenFox said:
You just answered yourself. Now think.

I doubt Raiden is a clone of GreyFox. And I VERY much doubt that's Greyfox. Is it really that hard for you people to think? How can it be GreyFox? He's not only dead, but grinded into dust. Oh, pre-MGS1 GreyFox you say? He was a human being in MG1 and MG2. Pre-MG1 you say? Yeah, that makes sense. He had an ubercyborg body from 2014 back in the 1970s.

The carnival of stupid seems to have just begun.

Bit-Bit

If the trailer at E3 don't have those letters and numbers shown in the clue rearranging themselves and making sense. I'm going to be very aggravated. I know it's going to eat at me until I know of the meaning behind those letters and numbers.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ether_Snake said:
After MGS2, Raiden starts to live with Rose but leaves her after starting to become traumatized again by his memories as a child soldier as they resurface. He finds out that Sunny is being held at Area 51, successfully saves her with Eva's team. He leaves Sunny in the care of Snake and Hal, and goes to find Big Boss' body for Eva. He gets captured and the Patriots use him as a test subject for creating the "perfect soldier", just like Gray Fox (says so in the Database). It specifically says "just as Gray Fox had been made into the enhanced and heavily drugged Cyborg Ninja before him". Right there it gives you a good idea of why they would have had him relive Big Boss' memories. Heck, it even explains why he would hear Campbell's voice during the "Time Paradox" bugs in MGS3 (it's basically once more merely the Patriot AI from MGS2).

Afterwards he is rescued by Eva and co. manages to get rid of his nanomachines, and recovers Big Boss' body. At the end, he leaves for Alaska.

This thread is moving so fast I almost missed this post. Thanks for answering man.

RavenFox

Banned
seat said:
How come no one's mentioned the two holes at the top of Raiden's forehead in the scan? That's obviously injection points left over from when the headgear was taken off.
Raiden2.jpg

Uhmm none there you can clearly see through the forehead shield. Also brown eyes and eye damage. Also Suits are slightly different.

Jinfash said:
This thread is moving so fast I almost missed this post. Thanks for answering man.
Well yeah but
the Boss was still alive in MGS4. So retrieving whose body?

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
I'm out, Kojima better make it pretty clear what all of this is about at E3.

And why do I even care, I don't like MGS anymore, :lol
RavenFox said:
yeah right Ether_Snake:lol. you'll be back, they always come back.
this :lol

thetrin said:
Anyone read the badge on the beret?

"Militaires Sans Frontieres"

French? o_O

(this thread is moving too fast, I don't know if this was covered)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16014398&postcount=3964

Malfunky

jett said:
I doubt Raiden is a clone of GreyFox. And I VERY much doubt that's Greyfox. Is it really that hard for you people to think? How can it be GreyFox? He's not only dead, but grinded into dust. Oh, pre-MGS1 GreyFox you say? He was a human being in MG1 and MG2. Pre-MG1 you say? Yeah, that makes sense. He had an ubercyborg body from 2014 back in the 1970s.

Yes, but then there's still the issue of why one eye is brown and the other is missing. The article was obviously meant to spark this very debate. Things aren't as obvious as they first appear. Kojima wont even admit that the Snake in the article is Big Boss.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
RavenFox said:
Have you played Metal Gear? What you just wrote is what Metal Gear is about.
Genes-connectivity-passing on etc
One of the main points of Raiden in MGS2 was that he was a memetic clone, not a genetic clone.

Simply making him biologically related to one of the older generation bad-asses in the saga kinda ruins that whole aspect of his character imo.

Dreweyes

RavenFox said:
Raiden2.jpg

Uhmm none there you can clearly see through the forehead shield. Also brown eyes and eye damage. Also Suits are slightly different.

Well yeah but

I'm glad someone's paying attention! :lol

Darkpen

Banned
RavenFox said:
Raiden2.jpg

Well yeah but
:lol :lol

THEN WHO WAS CORPSE??

Malfunky said:
Yes, but then there's still the issue of why one eye is brown and the other is missing. The article was obviously meant to spark this very debate. Things aren't as obvious as they first appear. Kojima wont even admit that the Snake in the article is Big Boss.
Kojima wouldn't admit that Naked Snake was Big Boss either. :p

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
EL Beefo said:
The scanned raiden/fox also has red on the shoulders, just like gray fox.

Null.jpg

assist11_071107a.jpg

new_raiden.jpg

So then Gray Fox's fucking JAW has been RETCONNED?? Was this really necessary Kojima?

Also, it was a Frenchman that transplanted Liquid's arm on Ocelot, the Les Enfants Terrible project is french and Ocelot said "never trust a frenchman" and now Militaires Sans Frontières. To me it all sounds like a prequel.

By the Gray Fox thing is possible, but a major retcon if it is.

Darkpen

Banned
Catalix said:
One of the main points of Raiden in MGS2 was that he was a memetic clone, not a genetic clone.

Simply making him biologically related to one of the older generation bad-asses in the saga kinda ruins that whole aspect of his character imo.
Completely agree.

RavenFox

Banned
jett said:

Have you played or read any Metal Gear material? Are you really posting this in a Metal Gear thread? Does cloning come to mind? Who removed his body? Did you see the damage Raiden took in MGS4? All I'm saying is nothing is absolute when it happens in this game.

sprocket

Banned
Malfunky said:

yep his one eye is red because GF lost his sight in MGS and now he has implants. and one eye is covered because its some super eye weapon that he reveals half way through the game.

:D

RavenFox

Banned
Catalix said:

So was Liquids hand grafted into Ocelot. Doesn't mean Raiden couldn't have this also.
Turk said:
Anyone want to guess the location of the new Outer Heaven?

Here's my stab in the dark:
http://i39.tinypic.com/ffclqp.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
I would go further west?

jett

D-Member
RavenFox said:
Have you played or read any Metal Gear material? Are you really posting this in a Metal Gear thread? Does cloning come to mind? Who removed his body? Did you see the damage Raiden took in MGS4? All I'm saying is nothing is absolute when it happens in this game.

lulz no i have never played a metal gear game it's magic how i know all about greyfox.

So what if Raiden took damage? Did you see him at the end? Good as fucking new. I wish people would stop throwing around their crazy, erroneus theories around. I'd rather wait until all is revealed, although I'll say one thing.

It's not fucking GreyFox.

EmCeeGramr said:
That is probably the least informative interview ever. :lol

Whatever. Gaf posters always exaggerate. We now clearly know that XXXXXXX plans to XXXX the series. XXXXXXX XXX XXXXXXXX XXXX and XXX XXXXXX XXXXX.

I mean, he can't give everything away!

XXXXXXX XXX X?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So now Raiden is a clone of Gray Fox, he got his head chopped off in the same Gray Fox now apparently did (retcon), Gray Fox's armor is different than the one we've come to know (retcon), Snake never noticed Raiden looked exactly like Gray Fox just like he never noticed the fucking president looked like Big Boss, Raiden has been subjected to the Perfect Soldier program after MGS2, like Gray Fox in MPO, Gray Fox apparently was a cyborg ninja for a period of time longer than MGS1 made it sound, long enough to make a game about playing as Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooook Kojima.

RavenFox

Banned
jett said:
lulz no i have never played a metal gear game it's magic how i know all about greyfox.

So what if Raiden took damage? Did you see him at the end? Good as fucking new. I wish people would stop throwing around their crazy, erroneus theories around. I'd rather wait until all is revealed, although I'll say one thing.

It's not fucking GreyFox.
ITS NOT RAIDEN!
Ether_Snake said:
So now Raiden is a clone of Gray Fox, he got his head chopped off in the same Gray Fox now apparently did (retcon), Gray Fox's armor is different than the one we've come to know (retcon), Snake never noticed Raiden looked exactly like Gray Fox just like he never noticed the fucking president looked like Big Boss, Raiden has been subjected to the Perfect Soldier program after MGS2, like Gray Fox in MPO, Gray Fox apparently was a cyborg ninja for a period of time longer than MGS1 made it sound, long enough to make a game about playing as Cyborg Ninja Gray Fox.

Hey you go to bed lol. Leave this circus to me

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Turk said:
Anyone want to guess the location of the new Outer Heaven?

Here's my stab in the dark:
ffclqp.jpg

Oh yes now it makes perfect sense, this is not Big Boss, it is the Chinese Philosopher's clone of Big Boss!

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:

that sounds absurd D:

jett

D-Member
bloodforge said:
And the story we already have doesn't?

You know Kojima is planning something even more absurd. Right at the end of MGS5, before Raiden chops off his own head to prevent the nuclear bomb that's inside his body from going off(right before the credits we hear the SLASH!! sound effect, but somehow he missed), THE BOSS will appear behind him, pushing THE SORROW in a wheelchair. Two hours of retarded exposition explaining how exactly is that this mindfuckingly stupid plot twist was able to happen will begin.

Blader

Ether_Snake said:

Did you just criticize Kojima for a storyline you made up entirely in your head?

Turk

RavenFox said:
So was Olga.
I remember forum members swearing that Olga was GrayFox when shown in the early MGS2 trailers.

Gray Fox wasn't Black Ninja (Black Color)
Olga wasn't Gray Fox

I see no reason this new ninja should be Raiden but I can see why Kojima would make you feel its Raiden.

RavenFox

Banned
Darkpen said:
I'm calling it now:

Sunny's genetic father is the frozen sperm of Gray Fox.
lol Im saying take a look at portable ops Fox and then look at Olga
Turk said:
I remember forum members swearing that Olga was GrayFox when shown in the early MGS2 trailers.

Gray Fox wasn't Black Ninja (Black Color)
Olga wasn't Gray Fox

I see no reason this new ninja should be Raiden but I can see why Kojima would make you feel its Raiden.
He did don a similar attire in ops.

jett

D-Member
Darkpen said:
I'm calling it now:

Sunny's genetic father is the frozen sperm of Gray Fox.

Olga was russian. Ocelot was russian. They were both on the same ship when Olga was pregnant.

awww snap. Sunny Snake revealed.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I would laugh my ass off if the two characters had nothing to do with the regular MGS storyline.

Top Bottom