• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Turk said:
I remember forum members swearing that Olga was GrayFox when shown in the early MGS2 trailers.

Gray Fox wasn't Black Ninja (Black Color)
Olga wasn't Gray Fox

I see no reason this new ninja should be Raiden but I can see why Kojima would make you feel its Raiden.

I remember people swearing that Eva was Sniper Wolf's mother because they both had big boobs and long blond hair.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Turk

EmCeeGramr said:
I remember people swearing that Eva was Sniper Wolf's mother because they both had big boobs and long blond hair.

That's silly.

We all know she's Snake's mother
... not a joke.

Dreweyes

Dreweyes said:
patch_trex.jpg

patch_mario.jpg

:lol

Bumped! ;)

Hy_

Gray Fox got his cyborg body after MG2... But we don't know the full details of the suit in the scans. If it's a full exoskeleton or something more like body armor, or a prototype that eventually became Raiden's exo suit. So could still be Gray Fox

"Buuuuut why didn't he wear that in MG2?!" It's Kojima, he'll think of some shit.

RavenFox

Banned
Turk said:
That's silly.

We all know she's Snake's mother
... not a joke.
You shouldn't even write that as a spoiler. Your going to hurt some very curious folks lol
Darkpen said:
what are you suggesting, that Olga is Fox's child? D:
My friend I wouldn't put it past Kojima.

RavenFox

Banned
Hy_ said:
Gray Fox got his cyborg body after MG2... But we don't know the full details of the suit in the scans. If it's a full exoskeleton or something more like body armor, or a prototype that eventually became Raiden's exo suit. So could still be Gray Fox

"Buuuuut why didn't he wear that in MG2?!" It's Kojima, he'll think of some shit.
Hasn't it been only 10 years since Shadow Moses and Patriots? The man was the only member to get the codename Fox. The ranking of a god. He'll be back.
EmCeeGramr said:
Which was a really dumb and pointless plot twist too.

That's what we're worried about.
No your worried about. Not me.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Ugh and it just so happens that one character is named Raiden while the other is named Sunny... you know, just like the progression of the teaser:

825_mgs_clouds.jpg

Raiden -> Sunny

Slurmer

Banned
RavenFox said:
My friend I wouldn't put it past Kojima.

Hey, my theory back in the MGS3 GameFAQS days was
Sigint = Black
DARPA Chief = Black
Sigint = DARPA Chief

so yeah, you never know lol

Darkpen said:
I liked the plot twist. It made me go WTF and ohh-that-makes-sense at the same time, lol
It didn't really make sense though.

Why would The Patriots use one of their own founding members, and an important spy, as a surrogate mother in a new and possibly dangerous medical experiment that could just as easily be performed on any other woman... like, I don't know, the woman who donated an egg membrane, or just a random anonymous volunteer the Patriots found themselves. It creates unnecessary and possibly dangerous emotional attachments between the Patriot member and the clones, who are supposed to be tools, not family. Especially if that founding member is a former lover and ally of the guy who's being cloned against his will and who's not supposed to know about it. It's stupid and pointless.

Darkpen

Banned
Slurmer said:
Sigint = Black
DARPA Chief = Black
Sigint = DARPA Chief

:lol :lol

I think a lot of us thought that, yet I do recall there being plenty of people criticizing it as well :lol We sure showed them :p

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
jett said:
Olga was russian. Ocelot was russian. They were both on the same ship when Olga was pregnant.

awww snap. Sunny Snake revealed.
No joke, I thoroughly believed they were gonna reveal that Ocelot was the father of Olga's kid in MGS4. :lol

The last remaining decedent of the original Philosophers, the Boss' grandkid... too perfect, really. Full circle for the saga, and all that jazz.

Stillmatic

Jinfash said:
Ugh and it just so happens that one character is named Raiden while the other is named Sunny... you know, just like the progression of the teaser:

825_mgs_clouds.jpg

Raiden -> Sunny

You just blew my mind. I'm convinced it's Sunny.

seat

I'm amazed some of you guys have clung to the eye color argument so closely based on such low quality scans. Just look at how the scan of the Big Boss image compares to the Big Boss image on the teaser site:

mgscountdown1comparison.jpg

The colors are obviously way off in the scan. The beret is more green and the skin tones more orange and yellow. The ninja's eyes could easily be blue or gray and not brown as some have assumed. Also, it appears Big Boss's face is more narrow in the scan, so that disproves the argument of the ninja's face being too narrow to be Raiden's as someone had mentioned earlier.

Cartman86

Banned
Darkpen said:
:lol :lol

I think a lot of us thought that, yet I do recall there being plenty of people criticizing it as well :lol We sure showed them :p

Plus when it says
he founded ARPA
at the end of MGS3 it didn't seem far fetched (or racist as some would say) at all.

Darkpen

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

Why would The Patriots use one of their own founding members, and an important spy, as a surrogate mother in a new and possibly dangerous medical experiment that could just as easily be performed on any other woman... like, I don't know, the woman who donated an egg membrane, or just a random anonymous volunteer the Patriots found themselves. It creates unnecessary and possibly dangerous emotional attachments between the Patriot member and the clones, who are supposed to be tools, not family. Especially if that founding member is a former lover and ally of the guy who's being cloned against his will and who's not supposed to know about it. It's stupid and pointless.
Haven't you ever heard of feelings, like love? And what in the world do you mean by "The Patriots," what, the other members?
Ocelot and Zero?
Not to mention, "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer." There's no reason for them to have NOT used EVA when she volunteered. You could even say that it was a way for "them" to control her as well.

Turk

As annoying as it is to wait for these countdowns, it's better than the Snake Eater Teaser.

mgs3_hungry.gif

Also the reason I ask if anyone recognised the land structure in the emblem, it might really be a clue.

Darkpen said:
Haven't you ever heard of feelings, like love? And what in the world do you mean by "The Patriots," what, the other members?
Ocelot and Zero?
Not to mention, "keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer." There's no reason for them to have NOT used EVA when she volunteered. You could even say that it was a way for "them" to control her as well.
WHY DO THE PATRIOTS NEED LOVE

Blader

Slurmer said:
Sigint = Black
DARPA Chief = Black
Sigint = DARPA Chief

:lol To be fair, the timeline at the end of MGS3 said that Sigint went on to create ARPA, which would later become DARPA.

EmCeeGramr said:

You said it yourself: she's a founding member. She can do whatever the hell she wants.

jett

D-Member
Turk said:
As annoying as it is to wait for these countdowns, it's better than the Snake Eater Teaser.

mgs3_hungry.gif

Also the reason I ask if anyone recognised the land structure in the emblem, it might really be a clue.

I'm pretty sure it's just Eurasia.

Dreweyes

seat said:
I'm amazed some of you guys have clung to the eye color argument so closely based on such low quality scans. Just look at how the scan of the Big Boss image compares to the Big Boss image on the teaser site:

mgscountdown1comparison.jpg

The colors are obviously way off in the scan. The beret is more green and the skin tones more orange and yellow. The ninja's eyes could easily be blue or gray and not brown as some have assumed. Also, it appears Big Boss's face is more narrow in the scan, so that disproves the argument of the ninja's face being too narrow to be Raiden's as someone had mentioned earlier.

I still think it's middle-aged Campbell.
He's even got his beret!

RavenFox

Banned
Lol I leave you guys with this. Cloning is a bitch isnt it. Now who could this be? The eyes, who is he a clone of? Enjoy because no matter what we know who that Cyborg Ninja is a clone of or is. lol
fuuuuu.jpg

Kojima is the fucking man.

jett

D-Member
RavenFox said:
Lol I leave you guys with this. Cloning is a bitch isnt it. Now who could this be? The eyes, who is he a clone of? Enjoy because no matter what we know who that Cyborg Ninja is a clone of or is. lol
fuuuuu.jpg

what is wrong with you

SRG01

Jinfash said:
Well there could always be a Gray Fox connection to that cloud symbol somewhere :p

Well if the progression is right, then there should be five characters in total, hah. Plus, BB-lookalike wouldn't fit.

Dreweyes said:
I still think it's middle-aged Campbell.
He's even got his beret!

Haven't we gone through the whole Campbell thing already? Don't you think Snake would've said something when they met in Portable Ops?

Top Bottom