• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible news of interest for Persona fans coming this Friday [up: P4G Animation]

duckroll

Does anyone know the time between announcement and release for Persona 4?

I want to say 5 or 6 months but I can't remember.

Both Persona 3 and Persona 4 were revealed in a March issue of Famitsu complete with a 17min DVD included in the respective issues showcasing every aspect of the game in a long trailer, and were then subsequently released in Japan in July of the same year.

If we're expecting Persona 5 in Japan in December this year, then such a "reveal" won't happen until August. They could possibly hold back to September too, if they want to time it around the time of TGS.

7threst

Persona 3 HD for PS3/PSV :)

I don't even know what else they can do with P3. I mean P3, P3 FES and P3P but I will buy it.

How about a full fledged console Persona 3 with all the animations, with both the male and female protahonist, all the extra's FES had, and controls as they are in Persona 4? I'd buy that. Again.

How about a full fledged console Persona 3 with all the animations, with both the male and female protahonist, all the extra's FES had, and controls as they are in Persona 4? I'd buy that. Again.

I don't know if FeMC will a part of it lol. She's just ignored, especially now with the movies.

Seems as good a place to any to ask. Are the Persona games connected plotwise in any meaningful way?

Given I've only played 4 golden, so please no huge spoilers for the other games. I know in golden that
when you fight Margaret, she talks about Elizabeth from 3 and how she left to do something
, and that Arena has characters from 3 and 4 in (haven't played it though).

Guess Who

Banned
Seems as good a place to any to ask. Are the Persona games connected plotwise in any meaningful way?

Given I've only played 4 golden, so please no huge spoilers for the other games. I know in golden that
when you fight Margaret, she talks about Elizabeth from 3 and how she left to do something

There's nods to other games but no direct continuity, for the most part. Arena's a major exception.

TheChaos0

Would I buy Persona 3 a fourth third time? Yes.

Yes, I would.

Persona 3 Golden (Blueden?) for Vita imo

Persona 3 Velvet, clearly.

Probably, this announcement is about nothing interesting. Keeping hype down.

All 4 happen in the same world but they are only losely connected. So you can play them in any order. In Persona 4, you actually visit the school from Persona 3. Persona 2 had characters from Persona 1 show up and some ended up being playable (in the second part). Also Kirijo group was actually part of Nanjo group. (P1/2 connection to P3)

Persona 3 HD for PS3/PSV :)

I don't even know what else they can do with P3. I mean P3, P3 FES and P3P but I will buy it.

How about combining all the good parts of FES and P3P. P3P felt like a such downgrade in some areas

raven777

Both Persona 3 and Persona 4 were revealed in a March issue of Famitsu complete with a 17min DVD included in the respective issues showcasing every aspect of the game in a long trailer, and were then subsequently released in Japan in July of the same year.

If we're expecting Persona 5 in Japan in December this year, then such a "reveal" won't happen until August. They could possibly hold back to September too, if they want to time it around the time of TGS.

wow that's quite short period from announcement to game release.

Jigolo

Awesome. Hope we see some P5 footage.

I've been chucking away at P3P but I am definitely not enjoying it was much as P4G (aka one of the best games ever imo). P3P just feels incomplete to me. Last I remember I was in the 70's in the tower.

A Persona 3 dancing game where the MC just stands around with his hands in his pockets, looking down and shuffling his feet.

Persona 3 Velvet Edition for Vita please

Velvet sounds like a good name for a P4G style Vita release.

I still wonder who this lady was. I also wonder if she knows she's the biggest troll ever in the English Persona community.

Also I bet the announcement is probably like an OVA or something for Persona 4 Arena.

I cannot be sure, and am not even sure where I read this, but I believe someone said she was the wife of the deceased voice actor for Igor.

Vanille

Hashino pretty much said the only reason DAN exists is so that Vita owners don't feel left out. I can't imagine him saying that if they also had plans for P3 Vita.

So yeah, P3DS.

Logash

Even though Persona 5 info would blow my freaking mind and is my number 1 request, I wouldn't mind a P3 Vita port as the only game in that series that I beat was P3P and the Answer which left me wanting visually.

Meia

........I didn't even know the first movie came out. I can't watch it legally yet can I?

Blu-ray of the movie doesn't release until near the end of May, so that would be your answer. :p

Hoping like hell it's a definitive version of Persona 3 as there isn't one, but I can't imagine it's that. I'd believe it's the announcement of the third movie before that.

And I had thought the second P3 movie's endpoint was beginning of October. Of course, guess none of us can know til it's actually out. :p

Andrefpvs

Even though I really, really hope it's a definite version of Persona 3, when would they realistically release it? They're going to release four Persona games this year, one of which is Persona 5.

I just don't see how it would fit in their schedule.

Meia

Even though I really, really hope it's a definite version of Persona 3, when would they realistically release it? They're going to release four Persona games this year, one of which is Persona 5.

I just don't see how it would fit in their schedule.

Well, they COULD announce it, and say it'll be out after the 3 movies are out on Blu-ray. I mean, movie #2 is out in June, movie #3 will probably be in October if I had to wager a guess.

Ultimately, if it was a P3V, it wouldn't be released until Persona 5 is out, that's pretty much a given anyway. Just knowing that it may be too early to reveal it.

Andrefpvs

Well, they COULD announce it, and say it'll be out after the 3 movies are out on Blu-ray. I mean, movie #2 is out in June, movie #3 will probably be in October if I had to wager a guess.

Ultimately, if it was a P3V, it wouldn't be released until Persona 5 is out, that's pretty much a given anyway. Just knowing that it may be too early to reveal it.

Exactly. Although the last portable remake, Persona 4 Golden, was announced 9-10 months before its release, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

duckroll

Exactly. Although the last portable remake, Persona 4 Golden, was announced 9-10 months before its release, so I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night was also announced in November, and it doesn't even have a release date yet beyond "Fall 2014".

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
A Persona 3 dancing game where the MC just stands around with his hands in his pockets, looking down and shuffling his feet.

u9kcY5E.gif

Andrefpvs

Persona 4 Dancing All Night was also announced in November, and it doesn't even have a release date yet beyond "Fall 2014".

Good catch. Once again, I'd love for this to happen; Persona 3 really needs a definitive edition. I'm just not sure how willing Atlus would be to go back to P3 immediately after P5 is out; I reckon they'd want to focus on the new setting and characters.

So many people are guessing a Golden style release of P3, which would be extremely awesome and I would buy it day 0, but how can I let myself get my hopes up like that? I need to be realistic. Alright, calm yourself, Hibiki, calm yourself. It's likely not game-related.

P3G! :D

Meia

Wish this was about 5. Kinda vague thread title...

It's vague because the announcement of whatever they're going to "announce" is vague. :p

Let's see, how many times would it make it buying P3?

Persona 3
Persona 3: Fes
Persona 3: P3P(physical)
Persona 3: P3P(digital)
Persona 3: Fes(PSN)

Keep em comin'... :p

Top Bottom