• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post examples of outstanding videogame commercials.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I often wonder what happened to game ads like the Gears of War "Mad World" TV spot, which used the art assets and general setting to effectively get you intrigued about SINGLE PLAYER no less.

I remember seeing that and thinking, holy shit that looks fucking cool.

Nowadays everything is a sizzle reel of accolades and cheap action shots that dismiss the effort put into making the game setting interesting.

Are games just not interesting anymore, or is it a case of pubs appealing to the lowest yaddayadda. etc?

The recent "Shadows Ahead" trailer for Dark Souls III was cool, but I doubt that'll ever make it to TV.

I also got inspired by the GoT trailer and decided to mash up a Wicked Game cover with Shadows Ahead. Check it out!: http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...jir6yN6sLMU&start2=59&authorName=Wicked+Souls

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

PSqueak

Banned
The international one for Ocarina of time (the one without sexism and that had the footage of the angel) still gives me chills.

Krejlooc

Banned
GENESIS DOES!

The biggest stars in the world at the time (Michael Jackson, Mickey Mouse, Joe Montana, Pat Riley, Buster Douglas) all coming out screaming "Genesis does" while the commercial focused on the best graphics on the system at the time. This commercial started to turn the tide that would eventually lead to Sega owning 51% of the global gaming market.

Krejlooc

Banned
Can we include trailers, too? Sega sent out this trailer in ODCM in November right before the release of Shenmue. This was before video game trailers were a big deal. I must have watched it a million times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-MK4599A8

It convinced me that something enormous was about to happen to video games that would advance the medium significantly. And rightfully so.

Top Bottom