• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post new pics! DO IT! Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
etiolate said:
I think the black looks better, goes better with more types of clothes as well. My first pair of glasses were brown and I hated them.

It's definitely true that they match clothes better -- I think I was more comfortable with the brown because it matched my hair, but the same definitely didn't hold true for my clothes. Now it's the other way around.

MrAngryFace said:
If I had to pick id say the old glasses, but really when i got my new ones I spent two weeks bracing for everyone to hate them since they were such a change from the previous ones, and everyone liked em.

I think that's how I'm feeling... I expected most people to tell me I should have stuck with the brown, and that they were too wide for my face, but everyone thinks the exact opposite.

Thanks everyone.

taku

Ruzbeh said:
Holy wow. The colors are amazing in this pic! Do you have an expensive camera?

Not at all. Olimario is correct, the picture has been tampered with a bit. This was taken with a cheap Olympus Mju Mini S I bought for my girlfriend, not really a good camera when it comes to quality but it's very small and cute.. perfect girly-cam ;p

racerx77

Banned
cloudwalking said:
Sorry to bump this. I just got new glasses last night. Most people seem to like them, but I'm still deciding.

What's nice is that my prescription didn't change, so I can still wear my old ones if I want.
The bonus to the new ones, though, is that they were quite a bit more expensive because I got a lot of extras on the lenses, like anti-reflective coating.

These new ones are a lot wider than my old ones, and I'm afraid that they might look silly to people if I wear my hair in a ponytail... It seems like they sort of overtake my face.

They're also black... which I didn't really want, because 3/4ths of the year I'm pretty pale.

Here are my new ones (not the best picture, but the only one I have besides an awful grainy mirror shot):

dos.jpg

Here's the best picture I have of my old glasses, for reference (Or just look at my avatar!):

uno.jpg

I'm just wondering, which ones do people prefer? The only input I've gotten is from friends and family, and I'm always wary that they won't say the truth. I still have a chance to take them back and get another shape if I have to. =/ Thanks in advance for any opinions.
You look great in both pictures. Do I really have to choose? :D

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
cloudwalking said:
Sorry to bump this. I just got new glasses last night. Most people seem to like them, but I'm still deciding.

What's nice is that my prescription didn't change, so I can still wear my old ones if I want.
The bonus to the new ones, though, is that they were quite a bit more expensive because I got a lot of extras on the lenses, like anti-reflective coating.

These new ones are a lot wider than my old ones, and I'm afraid that they might look silly to people if I wear my hair in a ponytail... It seems like they sort of overtake my face.

They're also black... which I didn't really want, because 3/4ths of the year I'm pretty pale.

Here are my new ones (not the best picture, but the only one I have besides an awful grainy mirror shot):

dos.jpg

Here's the best picture I have of my old glasses, for reference (Or just look at my avatar!):

uno.jpg

I'm just wondering, which ones do people prefer? The only input I've gotten is from friends and family, and I'm always wary that they won't say the truth. I still have a chance to take them back and get another shape if I have to. =/ Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Eh, I'd definitely say the first pair. There's something, I dunno', more defining about them. The more rounded pair just aren't as interesting. Maybe it's just the pseudo-Tina Fey thing you have working in the first ones that make me lean that way. Either way, you're one of those people that pulls off glasses well. And here I spent the majority of my youth trying to coax my cheap parents out of switching mine to contacts.

haha.

Waychel, if your life ever becomes the stuff of legend, Disney is sure to butcher it magnificently for a big screen release. However, there are some things that just can't be raped of their originality and you forehead's one of them:

belle_happy1.jpg

Here's a pic of me post-collagen implant:
collagenimplants.jpg

Juliette Lewis has returned, bitches lolz

MC Safety

This was shot for a column in the now dearly departed GMR magazine. The photographer was really talented. The subject? Not so much...

knowledge_greg02.jpg

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
lol like i'd put a picture of myself on the internet thinking that people would notice me any degree more than they do already

Macam

Banned
rareside said:
JETset_023.sized.jpg

Pic kinda sucks. It looks like I'm wearing Hammer pants thanks to the girl in front of me.

I'm more confused by the guy on the left to be honest. That is a guy, right?

Waychel said:
I'm actually in your room, under your bed, watching you. o_o

Well that explains it. My wife woke up screaming last night, claiming a "large forehead" ran past her.

P.S. Just kidding about the forehead thing.. only said it because everyone else always mentions it.. you actually don't have a ginormous forehead, in my own opinion.. :D

tedtropy

Himuro said:
I'm sorry, I don't have any recent pics, and this is the only pic I have. It's about 4 years now too.

And the hat is AWFUL. what the fuck was I thinking?

Himmy1.jpg

Apparently you thought you were on archeological dig...or possibly a safari.

tedtropy

Himuro said:
:lol

It didn't look like that back then. :( It looked cool! Bucket hats!

Bucket hats look good on only certain people.

Hats make my head look freakishly small. I just stear clear of them altogether.

You should feel proud, tedtropy. My wife is usually somewhat confused by most of the stuff she's ever seen on GAF (I show her something every once in a while to see what she'll say). She laughed quite hard at your avatar.

Apparently, Tom Cruise and Nintendogs is GOLD!

goldmember.jpg

tedtropy

Biglesworth23 said:
You should feel proud, tedtropy. My wife is usually somewhat confused by most of the stuff she's ever seen on GAF (I show her something every once in a while to see what she'll say). She laughed quite hard at your avatar.

Apparently, Tom Cruise and Nintendogs is GOLD!

goldmember.jpg

I'd like to think my avatar is the sum of GAF's greatest parts.

tedtropy said:
I'd like to think my avatar is the sum of GAF's greatest parts.

Yeah, thank God for the lack of owls in your avatar..

I haven't shown her that one yet. I doubt she'd like it/understand it. I don't even think I do. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom