• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your internet speeds 2012 | OT | Europe and Japan laugh at the rest of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
1741018032.png
[/URL][/IMG]

so lame but at least the latency is good.

Hanzou

1741027566.png

Im happy with it. Wish upload was like 10% of download though. Live in Canada by the way but the Washington server is the closest server to me before Vancouver.

Carl

1741112322.png

Actually one of the fastest i have ever had on there AFAIK. There were about 3 months last year where i had about 0.3Mbp/s. Was painful.

Usually it hands between 0.5 and 1Mbps

Carl

Here's one i did in September last year. Notice how this speed is apparently only slower than 93% of the country. Fuck me some people must have terrible connections. It was around here for the whole of September. Fuck you BT.

1503449866.png

Here's one i did in September last year. Notice how this speed is apparently only slower than 93% of the country. Fuck me some people must have terrible connections. It was around here for the whole of September. Fuck you BT.

1503449866.png
You'd be better off with a dongle. Is your area not on the roadmap for FTTC/Infinity?

Zomba13

1738847346.png

No cap.
Price included in rent as the ISP is still in testing phase of gigabit connections.

O.O

Wow... There are no words to express the lengths I would go to to get those speeds.

1741292613.png

Don't know the cost (I don't pay for it) but we have no cap and it includes the TV and Phone.

Not too bothered by the slow download speeds (though of course I'd prefer faster) but the upload speed is starting to bother me now that I want to upload fairly large video files for my website.

gimmmick

1741799472.png

Home internet with cox communication.

12/1 Mbps for 53 (no cap)

Yeah... there is no competition for internet services in Vegas. Cox has a stranglehold on NV.

Just for kicks, heres what I get with verizon when I'm in SF.

115573769.png

And most recently here in Vegas.

133330772.png

SmokyDave

51.17 down, 4.61 up, 16ms Ping. Can't post image from work laptop.

I pay about £50 a month but that also includes phone and TV. So cheap. So, so cheap.

operon

1741897904.png

Cap: none

Cost: Calling Plan Unlimited Anytime Plan
Broadband BT Infinity Option 2
comes to £29.40 a month think their vat on that too

jorma

is now taking requests
1741908250.png

Swedish fibre - even better than swedish steel.

I get 85/85 without the router inbetween though :X

I pay €15/month (enforced and included in the rent) and i have no caps.

Pacbois

On wifi, quite far away from the router, while using spotify and with my flatmates also online.
35€/Month, with phone and basic cable. 100mbits on theory, no caps.
Oh Numericable, I used to hate you, but now you just rock.

1742351495.png

8 euro's a month. 100 mbit up/downstream, uncapped. Its subsidized though, and meant for universities, research institutes and students/employees of them.

lunchtoast

Here's my shitty office connection, although they upgraded to a business class so it should increase dramatically within a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom