• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your internet speeds 2012 | OT | Europe and Japan laugh at the rest of the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpencilcase

Neo Member
Home:

Verizon LTE:
127285504.png

SolidPain

Neo Member
1755157512.png

We don't pay for the internet, but the tuition is expensive.

There is a 5 GB cap for 24 hours (not including streaming). Not a big deal for me anyway.

Also people DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE SOME CONTEXT WITH YOUR IMG
PRICE P/M and if you have a CAP or not.

edit: The Dutch Slayer, how close are you to Naaldwijk?
Like 20 min by bike. or 10/15 min by car.
How on earth do you get that for 20€ a month? The only one Ziggo has for 20€ is 5 down, .5 up.
Which is the one I have. :(
We have this 20 plan for over 10 years now so that is why.
If we where to go away from ziggo and come back we cant get back in.
Its because we are grandfathered in.
1738847346.png

No cap.
Price included in rent as the ISP is still in testing phase of gigabit connections.
AWESOME ! :D now that is some amazing speeds.

Gav

Having lived where i am for nearly 3 years, my only option was ADSL, and my max speed was 8Mb/s.
Last week the whole building finally had the cable system activated. Uncapped. Im so happy.

1789469383.png

1789494898.png

I think I have it OK, then I look around this thread and feel depressed.

No cap. About $75 a month (because I don't have TV or VOIP)

Red UFO

SpeedTest is being weird for me and isn't giving me an image to post here, but:
Ping: 21ms
D/L: 9.56Mb/s
U/L: 10.1Mb/s (my ISP is DUMB)

I live in the UK and my ISP is Studentcom, who do internet packages for people living at university. VERY bad.

EDIT: Although I only pay £3 a month and there's no cap so I guess I can't complain.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member

AWWWW yeah, eat it rest of the world!!!

Rural Central Arkansas, USA, for the fucking WIN!

I can't wait to move out of this hell-hole, if only to get faster than a bird chiseling on a rock Internet speeds...

Meadows

Banned
SpeedTest is being weird for me and isn't giving me an image to post here, but:
Ping: 21ms
D/L: 9.56Mb/s
U/L: 10.1Mb/s (my ISP is DUMB)

I live in the UK and my ISP is Studentcom, who do internet packages for people living at university. VERY bad.

EDIT: Although I only pay £3 a month and there's no cap so I guess I can't complain.

Are you serious? Complaining about 10Mb/s download and 10Mb/s upload, with a good ping and paying £3 a month?

10mb/s download is good enough to do anything really unless you're buying huge games off steam daily and download movies all the time, and £3 is cheap as fuck. Count your blessings lad.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Here's what I had for the past six or seven years:

DSL (Verizon)
3Mbps/768Kbps
$35 because we had phone; I think the phone was $20.
i38vTwSeEy880.png

Here's what I have now.

FiOS
15Mbps/5Mbps
$80 or so for TV/Internet/Phone
iWM1TARqEh1Ib.png

<3333333333333

I feel like a real boy.

Loonz

1802505608.png

I've just upgraded from my previous 6Mbps/350Kbps connection. Feels good. I'm paying 80&#8364; or so for Internet + Cable TV (soon to be upgraded to HD service, or so they told me the other day) + Phone. Not the best but it could be worse.

Ultimadrago

Burn in hell, CLEAR.

No cap, $40 a month.
Though they offer frequent half-off deals if you threaten to leave.

So $20/month with my current half-year deal.

Red UFO

Are you serious? Complaining about 10Mb/s download and 10Mb/s upload, with a good ping and paying £3 a month?

10mb/s download is good enough to do anything really unless you're buying huge games off steam daily and download movies all the time, and £3 is cheap as fuck. Count your blessings lad.
I guess I should have expanded; we rarely get 10Mb, it goes down to about 2Mb after 6PM every night, and quite often it will just not work at all.

(I realise that I'm replying to a post from a while ago, I just don't want dudes to think I'm a brat complaining about nothing)

1813772958.png

$100 a month because of TV... which I don't even watch... but my roommates do... so I have to pay for it...

Edit: I feel like this should be much faster than it is :-/

Sethos

Banned
111/11 through Cable ( Still no Fiber going into any houses around here )

$70 a month

A server in Sweden.

1823341353.png

or through another Danish ISP's Speedtest;

Download Speed: 110774 kbps (13846.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 10652 kbps (1331.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 5 ms

Got a VDSL2 backup line as well, 30/4.

Nicktendo86

Some of the speeds in this thread are crazy, I am cancelling my Virgin Media contract now as we only get about 2 meg most of the time. If I see another Usain Bolt advert saying say bye bye to buffering I will punch a kitten in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom