• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers |SPOILER THREAD| We've got SIX (6) more after this, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the movie today (finally).

Was NOT expecting Elizabeth Banks to steal the show. That character didn't have too much screentime but she was captivating almost every second.

And that backhand at the end was fucking amazing.

I'm actually really surprised by the poor box office and low rotten tomatoes score as I actually had a lot of fun with this.

It wasn't edgy or dark like I presumed and the costumes actually grew on me, they looked absolutely gorgeous on the 4K master, very bright colours (shame the Zords were so dull).

Glad I gave this a chance. I did find myself pondering exactly who this was made for a few times though.

G-Fex

It was so good.

I'm sad it didn't make Transformers amount of money. It's better than those shitty movies.

DMVfan123

Banned
The franchise needs a new writer and director, but I see some promise with these movies moving forward
Naomi Scott and Elizabeth Banks were the only actors I'd consider "good" in this movie. The other characters either didn't have enough backstory, or were generic/grating
I feel like it needed a source of comic relief, while the other characters played it straight for the most part, like Bulk and Skull(hopefully add them for the next movie?)

The franchise needs a new writer and director, but I see some promise with these movies moving forward
Naomi Scott and Elizabeth Banks were the only actors I'd consider "good" in this movie. The other characters either didn't have enough backstory, or were generic/grating
I feel like it needed a source of comic relief, while the other characters played it straight for the most part, like Bulk and Skull(hopefully add them for the next movie?)
I dunno, I thought RJ Cyler was good as Billy, he had some good lines and his delivery was pretty good too.

I do think that Zach and Trini were a little under-written but, to be honest, when Kimberly was sort of just like 'not today dudes' when people were talking about dead parents or being rejected by their family, it seemed a bit rich given what we knew/eventually knew what she'd done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom