• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT3| Millions Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windam

Scaley member
More importantly what did he think of lightspeed?

Aw crap, completely missed this. He liked the higher production value, but liked the laidback everybody-is-already-friends vibe that MMPR gives off right from the start as opposed to a bunch of strangers coming together to stop evil.

He didn't even notice Carter trying to run down the demon >.>

jwk94

Time Force for sure.
I think I'm gonna go with RPM, just becuase that season hits the ground running and doesn't fall into that monster-of-the-week formula that most season do almost immediately after their premiere. I just watched the first few eps of Time Force, though, so I'm gonna try to convince him to watch both premieres and then choose.

Aw crap, completely missed this. He liked the higher production value, but liked the laidback everybody-is-already-friends vibe that MMPR gives off right from the start as opposed to a bunch of strangers coming together to stop evil.

He didn't even notice Carter trying to run down the demon >.>
It sounds like you need a new friend, son. I think strangers coming together is the best part of Lightspeed and anything after MMPR. It gives more room for conflict from clashing personalities and allows them to develop off each other like anyone else would with a person they just met and are forced to work with.

Windam

Scaley member
It sounds like you need a new friend, son. I think strangers coming together is the best part of Lightspeed and anything after MMPR. It gives more room for conflict from clashing personalities and allows them to develop off each other like anyone else would with a person they just met and are forced to work with.

I agree. I guess the first episode of MMPR just cemented his view that Power Rangers is a (good) cheesy kids show, so the tonal shift was a bit strange.

jdstorm

Banned
Need your help Ranger Gaf. Trying to get my roommate to watch a season of power rangers with me. He's giving me one episode. He likes hi shows to have plot and character development. He also likes Arrow. I'm thinking first episode of RPM or Time Force. What do y'all think?

I kinda agree.

If he likes Scifi just go with Lost Galaxy. Its dumb and fun and has reasonably good production values on top of a great cast.

jwk94

queen banshira and her lackeys were forgetful

Even master org was memorable
You didn't like Diabolico?

If he likes Scifi just go with Lost Galaxy. Its dumb and fun and has reasonably good production values on top of a great cast.
I would go with that, but lost Galaxy doesn't have much of a story or character development... Or good acting.

ARISE AND LIVE AGAIN
Lmao

HOW CAN MAN FORGET QUEEN BANSHEERA?
Man, as a kid, her having so much cleavage weirded me out.

jdstorm

Banned
You didn't like Diabolico?

I would go with that, but lost Galaxy doesn't have much of a story or character development... Or good acting.

Lmao

Man, as a kid, her having so much cleavage weirded me out.

If you are looking for those things why are you watching power rangers?

Lost Galaxy is tropey scifi sure. But its still better written and acted then Mass Effect Andromeda. As for the Plot. Its the classic Humans build a spaceship to go out and explore new worlds where they stumble upon a bugrace who wants to wipe them out and need to find ancient tech to survive against the bug race's godzilla type monsters.

jwk94

If you are looking for those things why are you watching power rangers?

Lost Galaxy is tropey scifi sure. But its still better written and acted then Mass Effect Andromeda. As for the Plot. Its the classic Humans build a spaceship to go out and explore new worlds where they stumble upon a bugrace who wants to wipe them out and need to find ancient tech to survive against the bug race's godzilla type monsters.

Because Time Force and RPM have good stories and character development. Lost Galaxy has a nice premise, but it doesn't really explore it much. It's largely a good vs evil season. I actually have the same problem with Lightspeed, but the characters and fights in that season make up for it.

The best thing Lost Galaxy has going for it is the Magna Defender arc and Karone's stuff while joining the team. Otherwise, you're not really missing out on much.

jwk94

So got my roommate to watch the first episode of time force and rpm. He liked rpm, but hated time force. Overall, he's not into PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom