• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT3| Millions Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wait, we're already in Super Ninja Steel?

but then I realized this is "season has only 20 eps" Nickelodeon

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Regular Ninja Steel is still going. Rather it's still in the hiatus and hasn't finished up.
Last episode was Gold Ranger intro. Gotta get those toys out I guess (I know he was early in Ninninger too but still). What's annoying is there was a blatant Ninja Storm reference that they completley ignored since they adapted the giant fight from the crossover episode with Kakuranger and Hurricanger.

It's disgusting how the entire show wrapped filming and we won't see the end for a year and a half. Do the right thing Saban Brands, jump from the orange ship and into the red stream.

jdstorm

Banned
What is happening next year? And is that wishlist even feasible or is it gonna be another disappointing reunion like the Megaforce episode.

Well that gives you a lot of flexibility with the early teams.

MMPR Zach,Billy
Zeo Adam, Jason
Turbo TJ, Cassie
Space Andros, Zane
Lost Galaxy Leo Karone
LS: dont care
Time Force: Jen
WF: dont care
Ninja Storm: Red and Green (Forgot there names)
Dino Thunder : Kira, Tommy
RPM Gem and Gemma

Boss Doggie

Regular Ninja Steel is still going. Rather it's still in the hiatus and hasn't finished up.
Last episode was Gold Ranger intro. Gotta get those toys out I guess (I know he was early in Ninninger too but still). What's annoying is there was a blatant Ninja Storm reference that they completley ignored since they adapted the giant fight from the crossover episode with Kakuranger and Hurricanger.

It's disgusting how the entire show wrapped filming and we won't see the end for a year and a half. Do the right thing Saban Brands, jump from the orange ship and into the red stream.

ah wow, why does nick put a hiatus on a "season" with 20 eps

and yeah, that is really bad when the filming is apparently over but you have to wait very long to see it, holy shit

I do hope they make good use of the cameos. One disappointing thing about Ninninger is that the returning cast barely get to do anything. Shurikenger was even used for a clipshow!

jwk94

How would they put it on Netflix, though? If they keep the Super format and put each season up all at once, that ruins their toy scheduling. If they ditch the Super format and put the entire thing up at once, that also ruins the scheduling. I guess they could ditch Super and divide the entire season in 2 with one half in the Spring and the other half in the Fall like the good ole days.

Honestly, I think Hulu might be a better choice, just because they could still do weekly episode releases.

BatDan

If they went to Netflix they wouldn't do the Super format. The Super format is a stupid thing Nickelodeon is mandating on them.

They'd probably do what they did with Precure, 20 in the Spring, 20 in the Fall. All in one year. Though with Precure they did 20 in December, 20 in August. Were there even any toys?

MechaX

I didn't know where to post this, but apparently Daigo (Green Dairanger) died last month.

I just got my Dairanger Subbed Boxset in, so I have to watch this now. I watched the first five episodes and to be honest, it was actually legitimately entertaining. I do wonder what it would be like if PR actually legit tried to adapt Dairanger.

BatDan

I didn't know where to post this, but apparently Daigo (Green Dairanger) died last month.

I just got my Dairanger Subbed Boxset in, so I have to watch this now. I watched the first five episodes and to be honest, it was actually legitimately entertaining. I do wonder what it would be like if PR actually legit tried to adapt Dairanger.

The Toku thread is here, and yeah we heard the news. Completely tragic and heart-breaking.

It'd be interesting if they tried to adapt Dairanger. There's a lot more focus on hand to hand combat and using polearms as opposed to individual weapons. Including plenty of nut shots (there's a famous GIF with Shishiranger (Green) repeatedly hitting a foot soldier in the balls). So I imagine a lot of stock footage would have to go unused. The show was already getting flack for being too violent.

Hyper%2BRealistic%2BKarate%2BAction%2B1.gif

Windam

Scaley member
Well that gives you a lot of flexibility with the early teams.

MMPR Zach,Billy
Zeo Adam, Jason
Turbo TJ, Cassie
Space Andros, Zane
Lost Galaxy Leo Karone
LS: dont care
Time Force: Jen
WF: dont care
Ninja Storm: Red and Green (Forgot there names)
Dino Thunder : Kira, Tommy
RPM Gem and Gemma

*pulls out blaster*

MisterHero

I didn't know there were points.

Speaking of returning rangers...spoiler of set pics!
Rocky, Trent, Wes, and Antonio all appear to be coming back. They were all spotted in a snapchat video from New Zealand.
Via: Twitter

That twitter post also has quite a few BTS pics.
It would be impressive if they brought back the
MMPR Ninja powers
to go with the current theme

jwk94

It would be impressive if they brought back the
MMPR Ninja powers
to go with the current theme
I mean
the Ninja Steel rangers get their gear and powers from a literal deus ex machina so I don't see why it couldn't restore powers for a one-time use.

Still not over this. Dude was my favorite sentai hero from my favorite season. Life's not fair sometimes smh.

Thorgal

So a long time ago i posted in this thread i would post pictures of all my PR toys but unfortunately RL got in the way and it eventually slipped from my mind .

Now we are 3 months later and while i don't if any people even look at this thread anymore i want to uphold my promise today .

Please forgive me if you see some dust still on the toys . some of these haven't been touched for the better half of a decade .
I tried to clean them as best i could with the time i had .

the good news was that because as a child i was very respectfull of my toys most of them are still in very good condition .

Now without further ado : IT's MORPHING TIME !

Torg the turtle .

dsc_0388cluww.jpg

Pyramidas .

dsc_0389vauec.jpg

dsc_0390tcun3.jpg

Zeo red Battle zord (?)

dsc_0391gouxr.jpg

White Tiger Zord

dsc_0392ruun1.jpg

dsc_039345u0s.jpg

Super zeo battlezord ?

dsc_03959uuoy.jpg

dsc_0397eyuzl.jpg

Thorgal

ShogunZord

dsc_03997aj00.jpg

dsc_040000k5h.jpg

Power wheel

dsc_040260j7u.jpg

dsc_0405a8j3k.jpg

can't recall the name of this one , sorry . ( also sorry for bad quality on the first one )

dsc_0408paki0.jpg

dsc_0410vjkjf.jpg

dsc_0411ifk0z.jpg

Auron
dsc_0431xeuwu.jpg

dsc_043431ucc.jpg

Zeo morpher

dsc_043880u1q.jpg

Thorgal

Also cannot remember the name of this one (also i could not find the standard red helmet .)

dsc_0417txjae.jpg

dsc_0418m4kkh.jpg

and the OG megazord .

dsc_0421aljdl.jpg

I also have the White falcon zord but sadly could not find it right now and sadly one of the feet broke off :(

hope you enjoyed my collection :p

Best threads 2017 return with news that
Rocky
is a returning cameo. This timeline man...

Pretty nice collection Thorgal. To this day I still wonder why as kids we only ended up with the zeo Red Battlezord.

MisterHero

I thought the Super Zeo Zords looked so lame ("We're shapes!") but actually watching it on Zeo FINALLY they were pretty cool.

Someday I'll have enough money to buy all the PR toys I want, especially the original Ultrazord. Someday... :(

Awesome collection Thorgal, although I don't believe that's the original first Megazord.

I had a lot of the Megazords up to In Space, but I can't remember if I sold them or if they're buried deep in storage. I've tried looking but it's a massive clusterfuck.

jwk94

So, Watch Mojo just put out a list of the Top 10 Worst Power Rangers Characters.

10. Norg (Operation Overdrive)
9. Mentor Ji (Samurai)
8. Animus/Kite (Wild Force)
7. Sam (SPD) - wtf?
6. Troy Burrows (MegaForce Red)
5. Richie (MMPR)
4. Justin Stewart (Blue Turbo Ranger) - he wasn't even that bad
3. Gosei (MegaForce)
2. Dax Lo (Operation Overdrive Blue Ranger)
1. Divatox (Turbo) - she's the only villain to beat the rangers, though...

Honorables
- Vypra - (Lightspeed Rescue)
- The Machine Empire - (Zeo)
- Spike Skullovitch (Samurai)

Decent list, I guess, but they messed up with Justin, Divatox, and Sam.

Windam

Scaley member
So, Watch Mojo just put out a list of the Top 10 Worst Power Rangers Characters.

9. Mentor Ji (Samurai)
7. Sam (SPD) - wtf?
5. Richie (MMPR)
3. Gosei (MegaForce)

Honorables

Chat: KILL THE KID

Blueblur1

Those Zords are still rad. I never owned any except Falconzord. I had a friend who had a ton of them though. I would took advantage and play with them whenever I went over.

Tritroid

ShogunZord

dsc_03997aj00.jpg

dsc_040000k5h.jpg

Wow, so for the Shogun megazord toy they changed the white zord to pink? I guess that helped make better sense for the suit colors, but they didn't change it in the actual show, since they simply had the pink ranger ride alongside the white ranger in his zord (which I always thought seemed so pathetic for her: "everybody gets a zord...except PINK!").

Pink%20and%20White%20Rangers%20in%20White%20Shogunzord%20Cockpit.jpg

Boss Doggie

Basically in kakuranger, there's no pink. The shogun mecha and the beast ninja mecha all only had five components and colors (red, blue, black, white, yellow). The crane was just sentient add-on.

Also the shogun was the first mecha with the beast ninjas being the second (it was reversed in MMPRS3, and I actually liked it that way - the shoguns look "grander" and more of an upgrade compared to the beast ninjas), so the falcon wasn't yet introduced in most of its parts, hence why Tommy and Kim having to share a cockpit.

9. Mentor Ji (Samurai)
7. Sam (SPD) - wtf?
5. Richie (MMPR)
3. Gosei (MegaForce)

Honorables

Animus was horrible.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is Nick going straight to Kyuranger? I'm not even sure how that will work since half of them are in a costume and
one of them is murdered. RIP Champ.

Windam

Scaley member
I also love how this thread gets bumped from time to time. Really brings me back.

It's crazy how it's already been three months. I still remember the reaction to Jason, Zack, and Trini's "departure".

also KIM OUTDATED KAT OVERRATED KENDRIX DISINTEGRATED NOW WE ARE KARONE

What's up with the toy picks BTW?

Either way, speaking of the toys, even as a 11 year old kid in 95, I could not believe they screw up color on the white Shogun Zord. That, along with the fact it was $10 more expensive, opted me to go with the Ninja Megazord DX over the Shogun Megazord DX, along with a Rito action figure. No regrets.

Edit: Oh, and on that same subject, Zeo zords, and Zeo Ultrazord is my favorite zord/toy of all-time. Like, obviously MMPR season 1 has the obvious nostalgia factor, but a gigantic Zord shooting laser beams blew my mind as a 11/12 year old kid in 96. Not my favorite season, as seasons like In Space, and Time Force would far surpass Zeo, but Zeo certainly had my favorite Zords/Mecha/Toys.

jwk94

So, I was thinking of how disappointing the Power Rangers movie suit fights were and it got me thinking: What season has the best Ranger and civilian fights?

For civilian fights, I'd have to go with the 1st half of Turbo, simply because Adam was amazing.

For Ranger fights, it's gotta be Lightspeed. That season had peak sound effect and hand-to-hand combat. Wild Force could be up there for being the most unique ranger fights in the series, but the weird lack of music kills it.

Delio

So, I was thinking of how disappointing the Power Rangers movie suit fights were and it got me thinking: What season has the best Ranger and civilian fights?

For civilian fights, I'd have to go with the 1st half of Turbo, simply because Adam was amazing.

For Ranger fights, it's gotta be Lightspeed. That season had peak sound effect and hand-to-hand combat. Wild Force could be up there for being the most unique ranger fights in the series, but the weird lack of music kills it.

Any fight with Adam was pure bliss. Hand to hand is hard cause I liked a lot of the Disney era morphed fights (before spd)

jwk94

Any fight with Adam was pure bliss. Hand to hand is hard cause I liked a lot of the Disney era morphed fights (before spd)

Ninja Storm had some great fights too. The base destruction at the end is one of my top 2 base destructions, right next to Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom