• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Powerball is up to 1.9 billion now. What would you do with it?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I would spend some on my poor grandson, also called PoppaBK. He has been diagnosed with peripheral visual acuity syndrome, the poor little tyke. Apparently the only thing that can help this poor soul, bless his heart, is constant visual stimulation - the doctors have recommended a top of the line PC (4090 is required) and a large OLED TV to constantly give him the high definition, high freq with perfect blacks visual stimulation he needs.
I could easily accept shipments, I mean he could accept shipments (god bless him) from California.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
One point Nine Billion Dollars you say?

I'd buy an Island.

Rangyai Island in Thailand is only $160,000,000

_597_image_fe02c338d8.jpg-1360-1100.jpg
If you buy this right, can you get a bunch of those YouTube influencers with those wanky surprised faces to do a real life battle royale on your island?

Start with iJustine please.

badblue

If you buy this right, can you get a bunch of those YouTube influencers with those wanky surprised faces to do a real life battle royale on your island?
I'm amenable to hosting a BR with any and everyone that is forced volunteers. What is the point of owning an island (or having a billion dollars) if you can host things like that?

Start with iJustine please.

She would need to be thoroughly interviewed first.

iu

AJUMP23

I would buy some properties, I would invest, and I would travel the world. I would do my best to slowly change so people don't see the money show itself. Invest in some charities that help the poorest and share the gospel.

I would probably get a lot of land in my area and get some animals too.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
buy a house in california.

oh and now all of that money is gone. YIPEEEEE!!!!!!

(unironically i'd just buy a house and invest so i can make even more cash. it's the best way to make money without any work)

Last edited:

4EZCOOLDART

I'm not going to say winning that much money would be an actual curse, but I think winning a few million would be life-changing without making you so rich that you can never have a normal relationship again.

For many people, having a great deal of money is inevitably a curse because it feeds into the illusions of stability and permanence. Sure, it's nice to be comfortable, but little growth is possible absent any sort of struggle. But the yin/yang of all things will still generate struggle for the grossly comfortable as they cope with the realization that money is, indeed, not everything - or even much of anything of real value. That can be a very tough thing to digest for so many, hence the large number of suicides and tragedies tied to lottery winners.

Provide funding to projects that aim to provide basic needs like clean water and sanitation to the poorest communities.

If you guys have seen what some people in Africa drink because they don't have access to clean water. Its freakin heartbreaking. Here we sometimes take for granted simple things like clean water.
A basic human need that most people don't have access to.
It boils my piss and that's what I'd use my fortune on.

Provide funding to projects that aim to provide basic needs like clean water and sanitation to the poorest communities.

If you guys have seen what some people in Africa drink because they don't have access to clean water. Its freakin heartbreaking. Here we sometimes take for granted simple things like clean water.
A basic human need that most people don't have access to.
It boils my piss and that's what I'd use my fortune on.

I doubt they want to drink your boiled piss mate.

anthony2690

Banned
I'd get a nice small house and buy a maid to come clean up twice a week, I don't really enjoy dusting or hoovering.

I'd make sure my parents and siblings are all looked after with their own houses.

I'd look into fertility treatment so me and my partner can have our own child, as I know she would love to start a family.

I would look after kanjobazooie kanjobazooie (you want to be my cleaning maid?)💪

1.9 billion is silly money, I could bring a lot of happiness to others with that kind of money.

Sitting on it, isn't going to bring me happiness, when I know it could benefits others.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I would buy Gold for exactly three people on GAF. Then I'd think about what to do with the rest of it.

No, but I'd pay off my mortgage and student loans, buy a bigger place, quit my job and start my own business in some field I find more rewarding, etc. And probably give quite a bit of it to charity.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I would buy Gold for exactly three people on GAF. Then I'd think about what to do with the rest of it.

No, but I'd pay off my mortgage and student loans, buy a bigger place, quit my job and start my own business in some field I find more rewarding, etc. And probably give quite a bit of it to charity.
Who are the 3?

th4tguy

I’d get a financial advisor, pay my taxes up front. Pay off my house and completely renovate it.
Buy a vacation home.
Get my brother and sister in law a house. Pay off my sisters house.
Setup my parents and mother in law with a retirement fund.
Quit my job.
Invest 75% of what’s left and live off the earnings.
Redo my will.

My kids are in school so I wouldn’t be doing anything super crazy. We would take some nice vacations though.

Top Bottom