• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Problems with XBL - WTF is this?

Cheech

McDragon said:
Same thing happened to me, lost my LP/DR saves and others which i worked hard on :(

spent some time chillin' away from games till i recovered, now i will never ever recover my gamertag, at least not without backing up my save files on the memory unit first.

The problem is that it doesn't matter. I don't know if there is some sort of GT "versioning" system or what, but when I tried to recover my GT and it went south, the saves that I had on my memory card (I had some on both my MU and HDD) said "Unknown Profile" instead of my GT, rendering them 100% useless.

MCD

Cheech said:
The problem is that it doesn't matter. I don't know if there is some sort of GT "versioning" system or what, but when I tried to recover my GT and it went south, the saves that I had on my memory card (I had some on both my MU and HDD) said "Unknown Profile" instead of my GT, rendering them 100% useless.

Did you try copying your profile to the MU?

it might recognize it, this whole GT is bizarre to me.

Quazar

Well been playing COD4 all night. Weird how everything has been working fine. Mine was down really since update. Blade thing was nothing new just grew more slow in time. Glad XBL is back up for me at least. Happy new years!

Cheech

McDragon said:
Did you try copying your profile to the MU?

it might recognize it, this whole GT is bizarre to me.

Yeah, I googled an ancient (Jan. '06) forum post that listed what you suggest as a fix for the "Unknown Profile" error, but it looks like they closed that loophole.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Atomspike said:
Compared to the ps3 line -up , it's nothing

mj_popcorn.gif

siamesedreamer said:
Yes, I realize that.

But, presumably he didn't erase his GT from his hdd after copying it over (unless that's required).

A GT can only exist in one location. So when you copy it to a MU, it actually moves it from the HDD to the MU.

Awesome! Another day without X-Box Live. I'm going on over a week now without service. Huzzah! Has anyone who has had problems recently been able to log back on?

Downloaded my first HD movie last night, Zodiac.

On my 20MB connection it took over 5 hours, I hope that isn't what it normally would be like.

Great film but the quality was poor, even in HD. Washed out, very soft focus and compression artefacts throughout.

Evander

"industry expert"
Is there any chance that folks with problems are all in the same general region?

Because when I'm on my 360, I seem to have no problems.

gohepcat

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
Downloaded my first HD movie last night, Zodiac.

On my 20MB connection it took over 5 hours, I hope that isn't what it normally would be like.

Great film but the quality was poor, even in HD. Washed out, very soft focus and compression artefacts throughout.

This is the very first time I've ever heard of someone seeing compression artifacts in Marketplace HD downloads. In fact this is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about the quality of HD in the marketplace. I've downloaded hundreds of HD videos and I've never seen even a hint of a quality issue.

Can get online fine, but I'm having an issue with Arcade games. I was playing Puzzle Quest and, for whatever reason, my 360 thinks I have the Trial version. Keeps giving me "In the trial version..." messages.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Anyone playing COD4 today? For the last week, COD4 would die around 2PM EST. My buddies are spread out all over the country and we all had problems after 2PM EST.

Karg

DenogginizerOS said:
Anyone playing COD4 today? For the last week, COD4 would die around 2PM EST. My buddies are spread out all over the country and we all had problems after 2PM EST.

Was playing from about 9pm-1am or so last night and had no issues. Any issues today?

I've recently been having the problem to where I automatically get logged out right after joining an online game for the first time after startup. Annoying, but I simply rejoin and it's usually fine for the rest of the session after that.

A few days ago I started to have the same problem the OP is/was having. Last night I just let it run and Live picked up after about 10 minutes and has been good since then, though I haven't turned my 360 back on since to see if the problem is still there.

If my free service is acting better than the one I'm paying $50 a year for, something needs to be fixed on a major level. But then again, this is the same company that let RROD run rampant on their product for two whole years.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
ok I need crisis management here. I'm recovering my gamertag and the progress bar hasn't moved for minutes now. Wait it out? What's gonna happen here.

edit: fuuck I just got the 'recovering isn't possible now' message. GT less now :( I've been kicked out and it says I have to try again. damn better check my saves or something

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Darunia said:
ok I need crisis management here. I'm recovering my gamertag and the progress bar hasn't moved for minutes now. Wait it out? What's gonna happen here.

Wait it out. It fucking takes forever. This is normal.

Slavik81

The Lamonster said:
My suggestion for when it gets fixed:

FREE REZ HD FOR GOLD MEMBERS!
They gave you Carcassonne already.

Super_Chicken said:
You guys are worse than junkies. Unplug your ethernet cable and play an OFFLINE game, hey problem solved.
I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people who can't play XBLA games without being online.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
amrod said:
and Texas Hold 'em Poker :D

And Aegis Wing.

And XBL was better today, but still kinda fucked up. Certain things take forever to load and CoD4 matchmaking is still buggy as hell.

Xun

CoD4 was terrible earlier, especially when it froze Xbox guide several times.

Halo 3 was perfectly fine though.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
This... this is just fucking ridiculous. I mean, just really motherfucking stupid. So I get home from work, get settled in, and the wife wants to play some Puzzle Fighter with me. So we fire up the 360 and... watch the little loading ring go round and round. For 5 minutes we wait, and nothing. Can't play it offline, oh no that would make TOO MUCH FUCKING SENSE!

My wife turns to me and says "What is Microsoft's deal? You've already had this thing repaired 3 times and now you can't even play the games you payed for on it." And you know what? I'm inclined to agree with her. No future games are worth this much bullshit. This is the straw, Microsoft. The final straw. I'm selling my 360 and my entire collection of games as soon as I beat Mass Effect (hey, I'm already 20 hours in...) and walking away.

/rant

DuckRacer

I tried playing CoD4 earlier and it froze up on me several times, took forever to find a match, and when the match finally gets going it boots me out.

I thought this crap was over? Sheesh.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Stupid question time: how do yall know that all the COD4 issues don't stem from Infinity Ward's side of things?

Top Bottom