• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Producer Simon Kinberg wants a brighter Fantastic Four (2015) sequel, same cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they really knew when to fold them with this IP, Fox probably would had cut a deal with Marvel like Sony did with Spider-Man or gave them back the rights a long time ago; but they didn't and (still) haven't, so whatever.

After flubbing the IP thrice with four movies and having their latest misadventure be a commercial bomb, I'd honestly like to see these guys try to make a sequel to the 2015 and sell it to the market. If only for the resulting lulz and schadenfreude alone.

Looking at the box office numbers for the first film it looks like a moderate success as far as box office returns before whatever the marketing ended up costing. 100 Million dollar production budget with a total of 330 million in box office returns from wikipedia. I don't think you can call that first movie a box office bomb at all.

The rights aren't going anywhere, if I'm fox I'd be looking at integrating all the properties they currently have access to under one umbrella, which seems to be the style of the time. Having not seen the latest X-Men movie though, I dunno how viable that path is going forward yet.

The Light

I wouldn't consider him a bankable star.

Just look at the performance of his film. Fantasic Four

Nothing could have saved this film. Maybe bankable isn't the right word, but dude is always one of those lowkey good actors. After Creed there are more people taking notice of him. Fox should lock him down while they can before he hits it big like JLaw.

Sanjuro

Nothing could have saved this film. Maybe bankable isn't the right word, but dude is always one of those lowkey good actors. After Creed there are more people taking notice of him. Fox should lock him down while they can before he hits it big like JLaw.

I'm just saying he isn't bankable yet. Teller has more box office juice than he does.

Here's an idea:

This Fantastic Four rips another hole into another dimension, finds a better Fantastic Four. They fight. The better Fantastic Four triumphs. Seals the old Four away in their old universe. New Fanstastic Four continues on.

Same cast. Different setting, different dynamics, different tone.

If Fox wants they can probably start sprinkling Four characters/villains into their X-Men movies and keep it alive that way.

Like they might do with Doom for Old Man Logan.

I have half of a thinly plotted write-up for something like this, but you have it revealed that Miles Teller from the first film is Ultimate Reed(Or whatever term they'd use) pretending to be Franklin from the future or something.

Fan4stic news that MBJ is on his way to Black Panther. Congrats to him. I wonder if they'll use a white Johnny Storm for part 2? Fuck it..give it to Terrence Howard..

I'm just saying he isn't bankable yet. Teller has more box office juice than he does.

I don't know. Teller has heat from the drumming movie whose name escapes me but iirc doesn't he also have a bad rep off camera? Or am I mistaken?

Jordan is coming from the high of Creed and with the recent news of him teaming up with Coogler again for BP, depending on the size of that role could gain even more momentum. I don't know what else he has cooking for him atm though so any products between now and then could go either way. But he's got a solid platform and great buzz from Creed. He's definitely poised.

One of the things really missing from the movies is the sci-fi aspect. I feel like a FF movie should basically be Star Trek where the whole crew has super-powers. Exploring dimensions and solving problems with technobabble while fighting off Doom.

FF is not my favorite, in fact it's kind of bottom tier for me when it comes to comics, but I don't get why people think the concept can't work in a movie. Some updating is needed but it's not like the specific powers should matter that much, the story and characters matter more. Look at the Iron Man movies, they range from Good to bad and his powers don't change much between the three movies. The FF characters are great when handled well, but they're hard to pull off well even in the comics.

kswiston

Kinberg can talk all he wants, but Fox is not going to do a direct sequel to Fant4stic. They lost like $50-60M on the first film.

Could they possibly snatch up Kate Mara too please? Maybe Captain Marvel? Or anyone else... lol

I'm probably gonna get roasted for this. lol

Fan4stic news that MBJ is on his way to Black Panther. Congrats to him. I wonder if they'll use a white Johnny Storm for part 2? Fuck it..give it to Terrence Howard..

i kinda want terrence howard to play two face lmao. after cookie called him billy dee williams in empire's last episode that's all i can see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom