• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-E

JBuccCP said:
I'm not really convinced Christian is smokey/facob.

Christian was the one who led Locke to leave the island, where he would eventually die and allow UnLocke to take over. I think Christian is Smokey, still.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Did we ever find out who Hurley's buddy was that fought in the Gulf War? Hurley had like no friends.:lol

Maybe the Gulf War was what drove Dave crazy? :lol

StuBurns

Banned
JBuccCP said:
Just watched the first five minutes or so, some thoughts that came to mind.

-Jack was in some thick ass bamboo. I think a lot of people have theorized that he flashed there, like what happened on the 316 flight and I'd have to agree. If he fell or was thrown into that mess he would have been impaled in 10 different ways.
I also believe this.

In the Missing Pieces Christian is waiting near his body. He's a little cut, but that could have happened in the plane before he was 'flashed' out.

Though no one mentioned seeing people flash that time, they did after 316.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
o901mg.png

Hurley's a dick.:lol :lol :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

I love how underdeveloped 2 of the big 3 are in this first ep (Locke and Sawyer) in comparison to Charlie.:lol MYSTERY

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Liara T'Soni said:
Not to mention that none of the gaming companies have really come out and stated how ownership of the things we download this gen are going to work next gen.

I wouldn't be surprised if those episodes he downloads are tied to the 360 only, and if he has to buy again for Xbox Next.

Unless I missed the memo.
Yeah, I bought a few episodes of Star Trek TOS a few years ago when the video service was first announced.

Now, I'm like 98% positive I didn't rent them because I don't think they rent tv shows..
I also know that I watched them a few times quite a while after any sort of rental period would have ended.

I had actually forgotten about this until a few months ago, so I went to try to redownload them.. and what you do know? Star Trek TOS isn't even on the fucking store anymore. And there was no way for me to redownload the episodes I paid for.

I've spent a fuckton of money on XBL, and I get angry down in my bones when I think of what is gonna happen to all my licenses next generation.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I loved in Season 1 when they would end with a song Hurley was listening to on his walkman.

Didn't it like cut out at the end of one episode? and he's like "aww crap."

kurahadol

I'm Canadian, so I'll participate in The Great Canadian LOST Re-Watch :lol

I'm down for this, I have to dig out my season 1 DVDs now. Really wish they'd put out a bluray set for the first 2 seasons :/

dorkimoe

Gold Member
find out more about the bodies in the cave and the stones

pretty sure both are going to be important

bodies=rose and bernard?
rocks=good/evil jacob/badlocke

StuBurns

Banned
kurahadol said:
Really wish they'd put out a bluray set for the first 2 seasons :/
Your wish is granted. They will be out next month.

I could have made you a billionaire, but this is what you choose, remember that.

pix

stuburns said:
Your wish is granted. They will be out next month.

I could have made you a billionaire, but this is what you choose, remember that.

I would like a million dollars good sir.

Nameless

SpeedingUptoStop said:
I love how underdeveloped 2 of the big 3 are in this first ep (Locke and Sawyer) in comparison to Charlie.:lol MYSTERY

Yeah he was. But initially, Merry was arguably the biggest star in the show with LOTR craze at it's peak and ROTK releasing at the end of the year.

Is he even doing anythig these days or did going from banging Kate at her hottest to.....not, actually lead him to shooting heroin out of Virgin Mary statues?

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Half way thru the first part of the pilot. When Charlie, Kate, and Jack are talking about Driveshaft is priceless.

gdt

Jack: Hey, YOU!

Hurley: [What!]

J: Get her over there, if her contraction yada yada come get me

H: Cool dude!

You should've minded your own business Hurley! You coud've been an extra!

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
In the Pilot there's barely any Locke at all. That orange scene, and him talking to Walt- until Walkabout i'm pretty sure everyone just took him for granted.

I didn't have him down as lasting five seasons or being so damn important. :lol

Tim-E

Darko said:

:lol I love you.

Yeah he was. But initially, Merry was arguably the biggest star in the show with LOTR craze at it's peak and ROTK releasing at the end of the year.

ROTK came out in 2003 and Lost started in 2004. Still, he was probably the most recognizable face on the show at the time thanks to LOTR.

I've watched the entire show 3 times already and I will do it for the fourth time once the blu-rays come out in Europe.

Anyway, once you're through the first half of season 1 you might agree with me on this one: there are these little moments in the first season, mostly at the end of episodes, that are so awesome and it makes me so sad that they aren't in the later seasons anymore.

You know, when the episode is almost finished, a nice tune comes out from Hurley's portable disc and you see some slow-motion shots from the people on the island. They don't do that anymore. It gave you a great chance to reflect on what happened. Nowadays it's just rush rush rushing, to the next plot twist. You don't have time enough to digest it anymore.

It's not a big problem, it's not bad, it's just a different series nowadays. But I do miss those touching endings, like when 'wash away' comes on. That's just perfect.

Edit:

Jtwo said:
Also, I loved in Season 1 when they would end with a song Hurley was listening to on his walkman.

Didn't it like cut out at the end of one episode? and he's like "aww crap."

ah, we think a like I see. yeah.

Ceres

Banned
JBuccCP said:
-If Jack had woken up just a few minutes later Rose probably would have died, maybe that guy who was being crushed as well. Since we know from that mobisode that Christian told Vincent to go to Jack, that makes it seem like Christian is good. I'm not really convinced Christian is smokey/facob. I think he might just be making sure everyone gets to where they need to be.

He needs Jack to survive and perform the surgery on Ben.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just finished part one. What a awesome episode. The start of it is awesome just because how it starts. With Jack waking up and saving many people. Him running thru the jungle was such a great shot.

Ceres

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Awwww

http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/jack-and-kate-wallpapers_1233_1024x768.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I didn't watch the first season until the DVD came out. My first exposure to the show were the billion of avatars/banners of Jack & Kate on certain forums I went to.

Tim-E

Moz La Punk said:
I've watched the entire show 3 times already and I will do it for the fourth time once the blu-rays come out in Europe.

Anyway, once you're through the first half of season 1 you might agree with me on this one: there are these little moments in the first season, mostly at the end of episodes, that are so awesome and it makes me so sad that they aren't in the later seasons anymore.

You know, when the episode is almost finished, a nice tune comes out from Hurley's portable disc and you see some slow-motion shots from the people on the island. They don't do that anymore. It gave you a great chance to reflect on what happened. Nowadays it's just rush rush rushing, to the next plot twist. You don't have time enough to digest it anymore.

It's not a big problem, it's not bad, it's just a different series nowadays. But I do miss those touching endings, like when 'wash away' comes on. That's just perfect.

Edit:

Slow-motion montages to a pop song in the last few minutes of the episode is something nearly every drama show does anymore. I loved the way Lost handled it. The music sort of had a reason for playing, from Hurley's Walkman, but when his battery died that was the end of the montages. :lol I thought it was clever.

gdt

Tim-E said:
Slow-motion montages to a pop song in the last few minutes of the episode is something nearly every drama show does anymore. I loved the way Lost handled it. The music sort of had a reason for playing, from Hurley's Walkman, but when his battery died that was the end of the montages. :lol I thought it was clever.

Yesyesyesyes.

And those "moments" the other poster talked about are so great. Hopefully we'll see some in S6.

Things are just moving waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too fast to fit them in all over the place.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dear god, where did that horrible image come from?

Tim-E

gdt5016 said:
Yesyesyesyes.

And those "moments" the other poster talked about are so great. Hopefully we'll see some in S6.

Things are just moving waaaaaaaaayyyyyy too fast to fit them in all over the place.

I agree that I do enjoy those moments. Season one was still in the process of establishing all of these characters we love, plus it was longer than any other season of the show. With there only being 17 more episodes of the series left, they have no time slow down unfortunately. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

Hey guys, I'm making a Progress: The Great American LOST Re-Watch Thread CALENDAR for myself on Google Calendar, and I'd figure I'd offer it up for everyone (hopefully Birdie can put it in the O.P.)

I'm not done yet, but these links will update themselves as I add to them. Watch Together, Die Alone, or some shit, HUZZAH

XML
Ical
HTML (If you don't have a calendar or feed reader, you'll most likely use this one)

!!!!! excitement!

Tim-E said:
Abrams should direct the series finale.

J.J. Abrams is great, but I think it will be a travesty if someone other than Jack Bender directs the final Lost episode. Bender has directed the majority of my favorite Lost episodes thus far.

For referece, here is a list of Lost episodes directed by Jack Bender:

Episode 1.03 "Tabula Rasa"
Episode 1.04 "Walkabout"
Episode 1.07 "The Moth"
Episode 1.12 "Whatever the Case May Be"
Episode 1.16 "Outlaws"
Episode 1.23 "Exodus: Part 1"
Episode 1.24 "Exodus: Part 2"
Episode 2.01 "Man of Science, Man of Faith"
Episode 2.03 "Orientation"
Episode 2.12 "Fire and Water"
Episode 2.15 "Maternity Leave"
Episode 2.18 "Dave"
Episode 2.23 "Live Together, Die Alone"
Episode 3.01 "A Tale of Two Cities"
Episode 3.05 "The Cost of Living"
Episode 3.08 "Flashes Before Your Eyes"
Episode 3.13 "The Man from Tallahassee"
Episode 3.16 "One of Us"
Episode 3.22 "Through the Looking Glass"
Episode 4.01 "The Beginning of the End"
Episode 4.03 "The Economist"
Episode 4.05 "The Constant"
Episode 4.09 "The Shape of Things to Come"
Episode 4.13 "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2"
Episode 5.02 "The Lie"
Episode 5.07 "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"
Episode 5.09 "Namaste"
Episode 5.13 "Some Like It Hoth"
Episode 5.16 "The Incident"

gdt

HowardRoark said:
Why did you guys start the rewatch before the Blu-Ray's came out? Can't handle ANY type of hiatus?

Well, if you want to wait for the BRDs, you'll only be 13 episode behind. Thats a solid day or two of catching up.

Not really a big deal IMO.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sayids and Hurleys first talk to together is great.

It is really a nice thing to see again all the characters meeting. All of them changed so much the whole time they are their.

First hot kate scene.

2rnjtxz.jpg

Tim-E

Coolio McAwesome said:
J.J. Abrams is great, but I think it will be a travesty if someone other than Jack Bender directs the final Lost episode. Bender has directed the majority of my favorite Lost episodes thus far.

For referece, here is a list of Lost episodes directed by Jack Bender:

Episode 1.03 "Tabula Rasa"
Episode 1.04 "Walkabout"
Episode 1.07 "The Moth"
Episode 1.12 "Whatever the Case May Be"
Episode 1.16 "Outlaws"
Episode 1.23 "Exodus: Part 1"
Episode 1.24 "Exodus: Part 2"
Episode 2.01 "Man of Science, Man of Faith"
Episode 2.03 "Orientation"
Episode 2.12 "Fire and Water"
Episode 2.15 "Maternity Leave"
Episode 2.18 "Dave"
Episode 2.23 "Live Together, Die Alone"
Episode 3.01 "A Tale of Two Cities"
Episode 3.05 "The Cost of Living"
Episode 3.08 "Flashes Before Your Eyes"
Episode 3.13 "The Man from Tallahassee"
Episode 3.16 "One of Us"
Episode 3.22 "Through the Looking Glass"
Episode 4.01 "The Beginning of the End"
Episode 4.03 "The Economist"
Episode 4.05 "The Constant"
Episode 4.09 "The Shape of Things to Come"
Episode 4.13 "There's No Place Like Home, Part 2"
Episode 5.02 "The Lie"
Episode 5.07 "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham"
Episode 5.09 "Namaste"
Episode 5.13 "Some Like It Hoth"
Episode 5.16 "The Incident"

Okay, Bender should probably have the last episode. But like someone else mentioned, Abrams should get the season premiere or another episode somewhere in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom