• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameboy said:
Decent? Right.

You will join the next race.
Estimated no. players 3.
Please wait.
3 minutes later.
Please wait.
20 sec later.
Please wait a moment.
20 sec later.
Getting ready to race.
10 sec later.
Please wait.
10 sec later.
Press OK.
Vote/Random stage.
30 sec later.
Waiting for everyone to vote.
20 sec later.
The course has been decided.
20 sec later.
Race.

Pretty much sums up my experience with that game. Took forever to start a game, and once it did it felt no different than playing with CPU.

Red UFO

I agree, unless there is some kind of super-duper storage solution that is not a HDD that they are going to show, then the lack of HDD is unforgivable. They recently claimed they messed up downloadable content, but then they go and do this?! It must be a false rumour.

Also, I agree Amir0x about the life of HDD's. I've never had one break on me, and I haven't heard of anybody who has (apart from with those old iPod's that used them), but even so, a console is a stationary object! If you drop it you really need to be more careful with your possessions!

swerve

Amir0x said:
If the HDD had a failure rate of more than 5%, it might be worth including some flash memory, but it would never be worth using flash memory and SD card transfer as a REPLACEMENT for HDD. Nintendo better get their cards in order especially if this is supposed to be a "social" platform.

At the heart of it I don't think it's the failure rate, I think it's the technology. It doesn't feel very Nintendo. HDDs are noisy (relatively), and more importantly they are mechanical. Nintendo may have adopted discs now, but it wasn't a very willing adoption and they much prefer no-moving-parts tech at every turn, because of reliability and because kids smash their shit up.

The value they placed on Wii being low-power, small, quiet and acceptable in the living room is likely still with them, just as the value they placed on the immediacy of data retrieval with cartridges versus disks is.

Amir0x

Banned
swerve said:
At the heart of it I don't think it's the failure rate, I think it's the technology. It doesn't feel very Nintendo. HDDs are noisy (relatively), and more importantly they are mechanical. Nintendo may have adopted discs now, but it wasn't a very willing adoption and they much prefer no-moving-parts tech at every turn, because of reliability and because kids smash their shit up.

Who the fuck cares what "feels Nintendo"? If "feeling Nintendo" means forcing your system to be an archaic, dinosaur platform that cowers in the shadows of your competitors then it is time to stop "feeling Nintendo" and start "feeling like a fucking modern system."

BMF said:
Now, the question is does one need to be included with every system, or should there also be a starter pack that just includes the 8 Gigs of flash?

Also, anyone that wants to talk about hard drive failures should read this:

http://labs.google.com/papers/disk_failures.pdf

Whatever they like, as long as there is always a SKU that offers an HDD, and as long as they abuse that shit like Microsoft does by charging a billion extra bucks for that shit.

swerve

Amir0x said:
Who the fuck cares what feels "Nintendo"? If feeling "Nintendo" means forcing your system to be an archaic, dinosaur platform that cowers in the shadows of your competitors then it is time to stop "feeling Nintendo" and start "feeling like a fucking modern system."

I'm not very good at 'AmirOx Proofing' the way I speak/type, ever, but that isn't the point. The point is that Nintendo have a well established preference for no-moving-parts.

Mechanical disks don't feel modern to me. In the least. As an aside. A flash-based system would be great for me, if they got the transfer speeds up from the horror of the Wii SD Channel.

Amir0x

Banned
swerve said:
I'm not very good at 'AmirOx Proofing' the way I speak/type, ever, but that isn't the point. The point is that Nintendo have a well established preference for no-moving-parts.

And my point is that is not a good defense of their shitty practices. In fact, I'm not sure it's relevant at all to the conversation.

We all know Nintendo is CAPABLE of being shitty. The point is why they should stop being shitty.

udivision

H_Prestige said:
Pretty much sums up my experience with that game. Took forever to start a game, and once it did it felt no different than playing with CPU.
Other than humans being completely better racers when you get a high enough VR.

swerve

Amir0x said:
We all know Nintendo is CAPABLE of being shitty. The point is why they should stop being shitty.

But carts over CDs wasn't shitty. It was right for what they were making. DS Flash Cards over UMD wasn't shitty. It was smart, and right for the hardware they are making.

So I'm saying, there are more factors than just storage space and 'all the other guys have one' and you should stop acting like your own preferences for hardware are somehow correct and not shitty.

I would consider it a smart decision to go with flash storage. Just as I would upgrade a new PC to have an SSD if I had the choice. Current HDDs are old and clunky.

Gameboy said:
Decent? Right.

You will join the next race.
Estimated no. players 3.
Please wait.
3 minutes later.
Please wait.
20 sec later.
Please wait a moment.
20 sec later.
Getting ready to race.
10 sec later.
Please wait.
10 sec later.
Press OK.
Vote/Random stage.
30 sec later.
Waiting for everyone to vote.
20 sec later.
The course has been decided.
20 sec later.
Race.
I had a great experience with it. Me and my cousin put at least a thousand races into it really quickly and experienced very little lag or drops. It's probably worse now since there are fewer players, but it was definitely one of the better online experiences I've had with the Wii.

Akai

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Retro Studios "Sheik" spinoff is as fabled as "Miyamoto's new IP". Urban Nintendo legends.

Fabled as in what way? What Miyamoto's next IP will be or if there will even be one? I thought there was a pretty significant quote from last year that implied a new character(s) possibly being revealed this year (though admittedly it doesn't have to be from Miyamoto's mind himself)...

besiktas1

I don't want to buy another console, my body is not ready... But it's going to be very VERY hard to resist, and I have yet to see the damn thing :(

(time to get saving I guess.... NGP 2011, this 2012, Xbox 3 2013, PS4 2014 and I just bought a 3DS).

I hope the is called the Super Wii, then everyone can call it the Swii and think they're cool :3

swerve

MKWii racing was horrible online, but the online TT challenges were addictive as hell. I played those for entire days at a time against the friends I had who had bothered to contend with Friend Codes.

Amir0x

Banned
swerve said:
But carts over CDs wasn't shitty.

No, this was just fucking shitty. And everyone nearly unanimously agreed at the same time - all developers abandoned them, all gamers abandoned them. The N64 became an unmitigated disaster with content-less products and releases so few and far between that people absurdly propped up the few ones that did release.

But now it puts into context the depth of the Nintendo fan I am conversing with. :p

swerve said:
It was right for what they were making. DS Flash Cards over UMD wasn't shitty. It was smart, and right for the hardware they are making.

This wasn't shitty because handhelds have different requirements, but least for necessity of shorter loading times (portable gaming demands short burst, in-and-out play) but for simple durability: CDs scratch easier. Even UMDs in their protective case end up mystically scratched through their little portal.

It was undeniably shitty for their consoles. And that is why everyone abandoned it, and why nobody will ever return to it for consoles. Because they aren't retarded.

swerve said:
So I'm saying, there are more factors than just storage space and 'all the other guys have one' and you should stop acting like your own preferences for hardware are somehow correct and not shitty.

It is indisputably shitty. 8GB Flash Memory will demand shuttling around files within a month. That'll demand utilization of the horrendous SD card read/writing, which is painful enough on Wii without being transferred to a platform that exists in 2012. This isn't even a debate; this is a fact. The other option is the higher end SD cards which are still not quite on par but cost more to a factor of 3-to-1.

Why you advocate Nintendo's dinosaur nature is beyond me, but it's time to stop playing companies and start playing games.

@ Cheesemeister

GREAT Thread !

the no friend codes and outside help with the online is a total surprise for me ! :O
I have not heard that one before!

That is very promising for maybe FINALLY? having a nintendo account with a USERNAME? and a e-mail password login??? :O
If only so ! :D

MYE

swerve said:
MKWii racing was horrible online, but the online TT challenges were addictive as hell. I played those for entire days at a time against the friends I had who had bothered to contend with Friend Codes.

huh? I mostly played battle but i never had any issues racing, as far as i remember anyway.

JazzmanZ said:
We got Wario land shake it in 2008 and Starfox command in 2006.

Not the same games at all. Thats like calling Mario Party a mario title....which incidentally, how many years has it been since the last one?

You know Nintendo is being lazy when theyre not even shitting out mario party and pokemon stadium sequels.

[Nintex] said:
Sing with me
Luigi's Mansion was a launch game that bombed and Konno had to do a Double Dash.
Treasure was responsible for Wario World but made Sin & Punishment 2 for Wii instead
and just like you missed Sin & Punishment 2 you missed Wario Land: Shake.
NBA Courtside was developed by Leftfield and they left Nintendo in 2002.
Eternal Darkness was made by Dyack who wasn't happy with the Wii
and went to Microsoft to get money for free.
Peter Moore had some hats left and send them Dyacks' way,
only to find out that Too Human was shit or so they say.
StarFox: Adventures was made by Rare,
who would whore themselves if they could go back to how they were.

First of all, Luigi sold over 2 million. Thats a bomb now?

Nintendo has a billion teams.

What the fuck are they doing?

Off the top of my head, the only thing theyre making for the DS is a 2d kirby.

For wii? Also Kirby. Zelda, which is looking like a Cafe title....and!?!

3DS, we get N64 ports!

Nintendo launched 16 games in the 12 months after the GC came out. Many more for GBA.

It seems like these days, they put out a grand total of 1 game a month...for their 3 platforms combined!

They dont even outsource anymore.

Sega did Fzero, Namco did Armada and Mario Kart Arcade, Capcom did 4 swords. Now we get......nothing!

Woops, almost forgot Mario Golf and Tennis, also outsourced. The wii gets....ports of them!?!

StevieP said:
Do you even remember the original Pilotwings, and how long it was?

Nope. But I do remember the N64 version, the 4 giant maps, the canon ball, the endless free flying mode, and the shooting giant robots...

Pilotwings 3DS? They cut and pasted wuhu island, gimped free flight mode (which we already had on WSR+) and gave us less content than WSR+ and PW64. 15 years for that? Didnt Factor 5 have a full working game of pilotwings? Couldn't they have used some of that?

It's like Animal Crossing. In ten years, they've released the exact same game four times. Excuse me, they modified the camera, removed the tropical island, and made the houses smaller. 10 years, and thats what we get? Downgrades?

After giving us Ocarina TWICE on the GC, and on Virtua console, they push out yet another version. Remade from the ground up to take advantage of the 3DS graphical power? Nah. Just less compressed textures.

Same deal with star fox 64 3d. I thought the 64 ports were shovelware for the DS launch, and now 6 years later, that's what we're getting again? Not even GC ports, but freaking N64 ports?

I mean, yoshis touch and go wasnt exactly a 40 hour epic....but at least it was 100% new content! And it came around the same time as Yoshi Topsy Turvy and Yoshis island 2

I don't understand how one can argue that Nintendo using cartridges for the N64 over CD's was a smart decision. It only cost them a ton of 3rd party support which ended up going to Playstation. Seriously. Should we argue that Nintendo using friend codes for the Wii was smart? Should we argue that not including a hdd for the Wii was smart? No.

Amir0x

Banned
LovingSteam said:
I don't understand how one can argue that Nintendo using cartridges for the N64 over CD's was a smart decision. It only cost them a ton of 3rd party support which ended up going to Playstation. Seriously. Should we argue that Nintendo using friend codes for the Wii was smart? Should we argue that not including a hdd for the Wii was smart? No.

But it's, like, a preference man.

To live in the year 1989 is a preference.

Amir0x said:
Cartridge vs CD
It's in no way arguable that Nintendo made the right choice in using cartridges in the N64, but it's also disingenuous to say there were no benefits. Let's list pros and cons:

Pro Cart:
Faster Read Speeds
Save Memory on the Cart
Card edge connector has a better MTBF than a CD Drive

Pro CD:
Higher Capacity
Cheaper to Reproduce
Faster to Reproduce

In a cost/benefit analysis, CD wins. It's certainly better from a business perspective. It could be argued that the faster read speeds of the Cart make for a better gaming experience, but it could just as easily argued that the Higher Capacity of the CD does the same in a different way.

All that really mattered is that CDs were cheaper and and faster to reproduce and that gave publishers all the reason in the world to drop Nintendo and latch on to Sony.

shadyspace said:
Yeah. I'm pretty much done reading Nintendo threads. It's too bad, they always start with a lot of good-natured hype and fun. But they all seem to end up the same way.

It turns into the same type of thread any thread turns into when discussing the decisions of a hardware maker. It is the same with Sony and Microsoft.

Amir0x

Banned
Stay on topic and reply to points being made and not the people making them or be banned. I'm not going to delete any more posts to protect you. The FAQ thread has been stickied for long enough that there will be no more warnings.

MYE

jamesinclair said:

huh? So much shit being said in here that i dont understand :(

Zelda SS and Kirby are Wii games. Nothing so far proves otherwise.

MYE said:
huh? So much shit being said in here that i dont understand :(

Zelda SS and Kirby are Wii games. Nothing so far proves otherwise.

apparently, people still want to believe that SS will be a Cafe title despite no evidence to support it

If Nintendo puts out a waggle free system I will buy it day one. hell, i'll pay full price for up-res'ed wii games with the stupid motion controls removed.

From The Dust said:
apparently, people still want to believe that SS will be a Cafe title despite no evidence to support it
The evidence is that TP was in the same spot as SS is in now.
GC "dying" and wii "announced"
Nintendo wanted a "hardcore" launch title for wii so they moved it up.

SS could be on the same path.

Sure there is no evidence right now but there is similarity.

swerve

Amir0x said:
No, this was just fucking shitty. And everyone nearly unanimously agreed at the same time - all developers abandoned them, all gamers abandoned them. The N64 became an unmitigated disaster with content-less products and releases so few and far between that people absurdly propped up the few ones that did release.

I'm a quality over quantity kinda guy. And I fucking hate loading times getting in the way of my entertainment. Some developers abandoned them. Most publishers abandoned them. Not all gamers abandoned them by any stretch of the imagination.

Amir0x said:
But now it puts into context the depth of the Nintendo fan I am conversing with. :p

My tastes and opinions differ from yours, that does not make me delusional and I don't think I've said anything that gives you justification for that comment. It is a good way to try and invalidate other opinions on the internet, though, even if it rarely encourages good debate.

Amir0x said:
It (carts) was undeniably shitty for their consoles. And that is why everyone abandoned it, and why nobody will ever return to it for consoles. Because they aren't retarded.

I would thoroughly deny that cartridges were shitty for consoles. Load times were great, and new tech could be easily thrown in.

Carts were and are preferable for many gamers. It's not delusional to think so. Indeed, I have to question why someone who doesn't jive with many of Nintendo's core values (loading times, reliability, lots of room for new toys to be thrown at you) is so bothered about their new machine. The machine of theirs which you liked the best was their least successful, no? Virtual Boy notwithstanding.

Amir0x said:
8GB Flash Memory will demand shuttling around files within a month. That'll demand utilization of the horrendous SD card read/writing, which is painful enough on Wii without being transferred to a platform that exists in 2012.

They can improve that. Moving files between SD and my PC to watch on the 360 takes no effort nor time.

Amir0x said:
Why you advocate Nintendo's dinosaur nature is beyond me, but it's time to stop playing companies and start playing games.

Don't assume. You have no basis for this assertion and it is comprehensively wrong both on a consumer and a professional level. I don't advocate their 'dinosaur nature', I haven't seen the new machine, but I can imagine a hardware design which will benefit from quiet, small storage.

Amir0x

Banned
outunderthestars said:
If Nintendo puts out a waggle free system I will buy it day one. hell, i'll pay full price for up-res'ed wii games with the stupid motion controls removed.

The Wii games will never have their Wii controls removed; it's ridiculous to even wish for that.

And we know Stream is backward compatible with Wii and therefore will have Wii controls Therefore, the system will not be "waggle free."

However, the primary controller that is being pushed for Stream is seemingly a very hardcore traditional pad but with a screen at center. I think you can rest easy knowing this will NOT be a motion control dominated platform, unless there is some secret we know about. It's highly unlikely Nintendo will pack in two different controller types, so the traditional controller games will be what 99.9% of developers make.

I hope that ZeldaSS isn't a Cafe game. Nintendo need to get that game finished on the Wii and released and start working on a ground up Zelda for Cafe asap (and fast track it) so that we don't end up where we are now and waiting on a ground up Zelda title on 4 and a half year old hardware.

If we hit 2015 and the only console Zelda the Cafe has had is an uprezzed Wii port, there will be tears
and there'll be tears of laughter if someone suggests that Nintendo would put in the effort to redo the graphics - insert OoT3D trailer here.

swerve

LovingSteam said:
I don't understand how one can argue that Nintendo using cartridges for the N64 over CD's was a smart decision. It only cost them a ton of 3rd party support which ended up going to Playstation.

Sure. But I don't rate my entertainment by how financially succcessful it was. I rate it by how much fun I had.

What do I care if PSX sold more consoles? I got Majora's Mask and Sin & Punishment and Perfect Dark.

Darryl

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Nintendo has a billion teams.

What the fuck are they doing?

Off the top of my head, the only thing theyre making for the DS is a 2d kirby.

3DS, we get N64 ports!

Mario Kart 3DS, Animal Crossing, Super Mario 3DS, Star Fox 64

Zelda SS, Kirby Wii

is a pretty decent list of games set to come out within the next year. Not to mention they're working on a new console and most of their development has probably been switched over to that.

The Dutch Slayer said:

has there ever been a console without a mainline Zelda? I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't start now

The Dutch Slayer said:

There's also one massive difference and that is that the GC->Wii were roughly similar powerwise, whereas even if it's 'slightly more powerful than 360' that would put the Cafe leaps and bounds ahead technically.

Not to bring it up again, but look at the furore over OoT3D looking barely enhanced over an N64 games, on a system also playing host to something like the Resident Evil games.

SolarPowered said:
I had a great experience with it. Me and my cousin put at least a thousand races into it really quickly and experienced very little lag or drops. It's probably worse now since there are fewer players, but it was definitely one of the better online experiences I've had with the Wii.
I agree, I had a blast playing Mario Kart online with my virtual friends. But right now, I think he's right, less people playing and more hackers. A mess.

MYE

I should'nt have to remember you guys that on top of the confirmed Kirby, Zelda SS, Rythm Heaven Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story and (maybe) a bug-free Fatal Frame game, Iwata said there are other unnanounced first-party Wii games.

The system is not dead yet, like it or not.

Amir0x

Banned
swerve said:
I'm a quality over quantity kinda guy. And I fucking hate loading times getting in the way of my entertainment. Some developers abandoned them. Most publishers abandoned them. Not all gamers abandoned them by any stretch of the imagination.

You weren't an anything over anything type of guy; Sony and Saturn had more quantity AND more quality. There are more high rated games on PSone by a factor of 10. It's literally not even in the same ballpark. How you can argue with a straight face that it was a smart decision - one which single handedly crippled the N64 and all games released on it with inferior sound, inferior content and inferior developer and publisher support as well as a veritable exodus of consumers who without hesitation gave the crown to Sony - is so beyond the realm of rational reason that naturally it's going to make me conclude you are not working with a full deck on this subject. In short, you clearly haven't stopped to think about what you're saying.

You're either working through some pitiable form of nostalgia - as, like, a poor Nintendo fan who was only allowed to own an N64 or some shit - or some obscene form of historical revisionism that allows you to quarantine reality at this level without melting your brain.

swerve said:
My tastes and opinions differ from yours,

yes. In this case you're indisputably wrong, though. I'm not even convinced there's room for a different opinion here. It's like calling the sun freezing or some shit.

swerve said:
I would thoroughly deny that cartridges were shitty for consoles. Load times were great, and new tech could be easily thrown in.

Welp, you'll stand alone now and for all eternity. Not sure what else there is to debate about something so inherently incorrect.

swerve said:
I have to question why someone who doesn't jive with many of Nintendo's core values (loading times, reliability, lots of room for new toys to be thrown at you) is so bothered about their new machine. The machine of theirs which you liked the best was their least successful, no? Virtual Boy notwithstanding.

The only core value of Nintendo that matters is the good hardcore games they make. Any value they hold that limits the possibilities of their quality games or the convenience of transferring/playing these games is something I will vehemently fight against.

Saying that staying in the stone age is somehow right because it's in line with the "Nintendo feel" is the worst argument I've ever heard. I'll repeat: We know Nintendo is capable of being shitty, we only argue why they shouldn't be.

swerve said:
They can improve that. Moving files between SD and my PC to watch on the 360 takes no effort nor time.

Now you're straight up lying to support your irrationally thought out perspective. SD cards are factually much slower read/write than the alternatives. The only thing that comes close is the SDXC and those are more expensive to a factor of 3-to-1.

So let's see: pick the right thing and get

1. Cheaper
2. More space
3. Better read/write speeds.

Pick the wrong and you get

1. Substantially slower read/write speeds
or
2. Slightly slower read/write speeds but substantially more expensive.

Yeah, sounds like a good trade off for the "NINTENDO FEEL" and "omg 2% less noise" factor. You're making real strong arguments based on, um, facts and, um, an intellectually honest assessment of the possibilities.

Hahahah, I'm just shitting you. It sounds insane because it is.

swerve said:
Don't assume. You have no basis for this assertion and it is comprehensively wrong both on a consumer and a professional level. I don't advocate their 'dinosaur nature', I haven't seen the new machine, but I can imagine a hardware design which will benefit from quiet, small storage.

If you advocate for cartridges over CDs and flash memory with SD card transfer over Harddrives then I am assuming nothing. You're advocating Nintendo's dinosaur nature for a fact.

swerve said:
Sure. But I don't rate my entertainment by how financially succcessful it was. I rate it by how much fun I had.

What do I care if PSX sold more consoles? I got Majora's Mask and Sin & Punishment and Perfect Dark.

Yea, and you missed the Final Fantasy games. You missed Metal Gear Solid. You missed a whole host of 3rd party games, just like with the Wii. The N64 had a few great games but they were few of them compared with the library of the PS1. If Nintendo wants the 3rd party support they have to offer the tech that 3rd parties require and which customers require in order to pay $50-60 for. 2012 and no HDD is ridiculous. People to this day try and defend friend codes, why? There IS no justification. NONE. ZILCH. Nintendo is a family oriented company? Fine. Have parental controls. Don't force me, 31 years of age, to have to use a freaking friend code.

Edit: Its the equivalent of someone defending the LA Clippers for consistently being cheap and choosing the worst players from the draft. Well, thats the Clippers way! Many people are fans of the Clippers. If the Clippers want to compete with the more successful teams they have to do a better job of drafting and spending. The owner makes a PROFIT each year even though his team is crappy, doesn't mean its right that he continues to be a crappy owner.

Amir0x

Banned
MYE said:
I should'nt have to remember you guys that on top of the confirmed Kirby, Zelda SS, Rythm Heaven Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story and (maybe) a bug-free Fatal Frame game, Iwata said there are other unnanounced first-party Wii games.

The system is not dead yet, like it or not.

where is Xenoblade and Last Story confirmed? Must have missed that story. I want to play those games so bad

Amir0x

Banned
AceBandage said:
Some of the VAs for it say XB is heading stateside. Not sure about TLS.

Hm, that's not so much a confirmation. I thought it was a real proper announcement.

I hope it's the case. The Wii is the biggest wasteland platform around right now. PS360 get a new major game every other day :/

NEO0MJ

Amir0x said:
where is Xenoblade and Last Story confirmed? Must have missed that story. I want to play those games so bad

I think they only got confirmed for Europe. Hope they don't end up like Disaster, unlikely as it may be.

MYE

I can understand the tech talk. But arguing tastes? Yeah, dont do that.

I was a happy PSX and N64 and the N64 was (and still is) the best of those two, IMO.
And yes, i had (and still have) ALL the Final Fantasies, Metal Gear, Vagrant Story, etc, etc...

edit: Lot of fond memories of that gen :)

MYE

Amir0x said:

I'm from Europe. Xenoblade Chronciles is confirmed here :3

Last Story, i'm not sure but there were some strong rumors/hints/posts by intheknow dudes somewhere saying its coming. Yeah no official confirmation on this one but i'l take that for now.

guek

Banned
LovingSteam said:

Not including a HDD for the wii wasn't that bad of an idea, it kept costs down at a time when HDDs were a bit more expensive. Not supporting externals, that was definitely a blunder.

But ultimately it comes down not to their decision to exclude an HDD but rather their underestimation of how important online market places would become to both gamers and developers.

Also, I'll chime in that carts for the 64 was a mistake but ONLY IN HINDSIGHT. At the time, carts had their shortcomings but so did disc based storage. Load times on the PS1 were regularly insufferable. Developers abandoned the 64 for the PS1 for far more than just the fact that the 64 uses carts. Carts weren't that big of an issue for any developer not named Square. It had much more to do with nintendo's relationship with 3rd parties, their controlling nature, and their refusal to compromise their own goals.

From a design standpoint, carts weren't that bad. They'd be ridiculous for a console nowadays because games have gotten so huge, but back then? Nah.

Amir0x

Banned
MYE said:
I'm from Europe. Xenoblade Chronciles is confirmed here :3

Last Story, i'm not sure but there were some strong rumors/hints/posts by intheknow dudes somewhere saying its coming. Yeah no official confirmation on this one but i'l take that for now.

nobody cares about Europe so the Wii is still effectively dead here.

sry MYE :(

Also, that "Last Story" info is hugely different from 'confirmed' :mad:

Right now Wii is pretty much dead imo. Skyward Sword will likely be the last Wii game I play at this rate...

guek said:
Also, I'll chime in that carts for the 64 was a mistake but ONLY IN HINDSIGHT.

Wasn't much hindsight since I and everyone else seemed to recognize the colossal mistake almost instantly. The second N64 used cartridges and Sony/Saturn didn't, everyone abandoned N64, most gamers abandoned Nintendo and the content deprived/inferior sound titles were a factor throughout the systems life.

sfried

Amir0x said:

Right now Wii is pretty much dead imo. Skyward Sword will likely be the last Wii game I play at this rate...
I thought Xenoblade was already pretty much confirmed for N.A.?

MYE

Amir0x said:

Hey, a Gaffer told me it was coming! D:
I expect blood if he was toying with our hearts!!!

sfried said:
I thought Xenoblade was already pretty much confirmed for N.A.?

Nothing official was said by NOA. But i'm sure its coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom