• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS (crowdsourcing) racing sim by Slightly Mad Studios (fully funded 3.75M)

sneaky77 said:
Damn thats a lot of money lol
Yeah. Eventually these track owners need to figure out a way of offering scanned data to all game developers. It's pretty stupid rescanning these damn tracks over and over by all the different devs in the world.

markao

Blizzard said:
Hmm, I just noticed the "discounted items" thing in the tier list. Have they announced if they are planning microtransactions/paid DLC?

At any rate, I think I am going to make a silly challenge if anyone in this thread is interested, assuming Evilore/mods don't mind. Can someone (the OP?) volunteer to track how many GAF people have signed up for the project, and what their level is? Here's the deal:

If enough GAF people sign up to total 1000 euros ($1366 USD or so), at whatever level, I will match that by upgrading my own account to the 1000 euro level. Then if any graphics people at GAF can chip in, we can get our own billboard, livery, and so forth. I don't know how the discounted items and track day stuff will work, but presumably that bonus might be something that works for everyone.

Anyway, if no one is interested, that's fine and I'll save money, but if anyone is interested, it would take 100 junior member accounts, or 40 team member accounts to reach the goal. Thoughts, anyone?
If you want to do this, I will keep track of the people/member status and put a list in to the OP. In case I miss someone they could always sent me a PM and I will fix it.

So just let me know if I should start looking for members ;)

ps: Anyone one know what button to use the push to pass/kers button (or whatever it is called) in the Formula B car?

Blizzard

Banned
markao said:
If you want to do this, I will keep track of the people/member status and put a list in to the OP. In case I miss someone they could always sent me a PM and I will fix it.

So just let me know if I should start looking for members ;)
Make it so, #1.

markao

Blizzard said:
Make it so, #1.
Ok then I need peoples C.A.R.S. name and member status, so we can verify is needed.

So for all Gaffers that are participating in the crowfunding project called C.A.R.S., fellow Gaffer Blizzard set out the following challenge for NEOGAF:

At any rate, I think I am going to make a silly challenge if anyone in this thread is interested, assuming Evilore/mods don't mind. Can someone (the OP?) volunteer to track how many GAF people have signed up for the project, and what their level is? Here's the deal:

If enough GAF people sign up to total 1000 euros ($1366 USD or so), at whatever level, I will match that by upgrading my own account to the 1000 euro level. Then if any graphics people at GAF can chip in, we can get our own billboard, livery, and so forth. I don't know how the discounted items and track day stuff will work, but presumably that bonus might be something that works for everyone.

So if you drop your name/member status in this tread, or sent it to me by PM, I will keep track of it.

Let me start:

1) Mark vdM - team member

sneaky77

markao said:
Ok then I need peoples C.A.R.S. name and member status, so we can verify is needed.

So for all Gaffers that are participating in the crowfunding project called C.A.R.S., fellow Gaffer Blizzard set out the following challenge for NEOGAF:

So if you drop your name/member status in this tread, or sent it to me by PM, I will keep track of it.

Let me start:

I signed up for the $25 one, so Member I guess?

Blizzard

Banned
markao said:

Let me start:

Side note, team member at 25 euros = about $34 USD according to Google right now.

I went back through the thread, and it looks like this is everyone who mentioned their level so far (and there are others who probably bought but didn't mention which):

Mark vdM - team member
Kyaw - team member
Foliorum Viridum - team member
Lucius86 - team member
fresquito - team member
sneaky77 - team member
Stop It - team member
Yoritomo - he said he was going in for 100, so I assume he's senior level now
flashburn2012 - team member
[REDACTED]
- team member
Shawsie64 - team member
DOBERMAN INC - team member

That makes a total of 375 euros from NeoGAF so far. Looks like my money is safe. ;) However, since the total obviously broke 100 euros, I upgraded my account to senior. I doubt I'll ever be at the computer when they have meetings, but apparently I can "attend" now.

markao

Ok, then so far I have the following list. If you miss your name or something is wrong (name/status), just let me know.

1 - Mark vdM = team member
2 - Kyaw = team member
3 - Foliorum Viridum = team member
4 - Lucius86 = team member
5 - fresquito = team member
6 - sneaky77 = team member
7 - Stop It = team member
8 - Yoritomo = he said he was going in for 100, so I assume he's senior level now
9 - flashburn2012 = team member
10 - Joseph Merrick = team member
11 - Shawsie64 = team member
12 - DOBERMAN INC = team member
13 - foogles = jr member
14 - Frawder = team member
15 - desu = team member
16 - Imp the Dimp = team member

Total: 1x jr 1, 14x team, 1x senior (?)

blizzard is a weirdo, ok. I don't give a shit about what he wrote, I'm not included in his weirdo total.

edit: I'm not 'team member' btw. huahua.

Lucius86

Banned
Low 1.24 seems to be my limit.

Dilly, how the FUCK did you get into a 1.21.9? I need to watch and learn some better driving skills.

Don't worry, Dilly, we've got the bottom of it.

Commander Lucius: i cant get any lower than 1.24.4 int hat formula b car
Commander Lucius: how the fucky does dilly do it
FoliorumViridum: Bigger cock
FoliorumViridum: Better driving skills
FoliorumViridum: Full head of hair
FoliorumViridum: All of the above
Commander Lucius: likely all 4
Commander Lucius: 4?
Commander Lucius: 3
FoliorumViridum: He can count
Commander Lucius: better counting skills
Commander Lucius: 4

markao

Joseph Merrick said:
blizzard is a weirdo, ok. I don't give a shit about what he wrote, I'm not included in his weirdo total.

Still do not quit get it, but anyway removed your name sir.

Lucius86 said:
Low 1.24 seems to be my limit.

Dilly, how the FUCK did you get into a 1.21.9? I need to watch and learn some better driving skills.
what are these times for? imola? I'm guessing it's not the turbof1?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Why are you so against being on a list to show who has paid so far? I don't understand.
I want nothing to do with whatever blizzard was talking about, fever dream insanity

Blizzard

Banned
Joseph Merrick said:

What the fork is your problem? o_O The idea of a list is so that people know they've already been counted. You get a GAF livery/decal/billboard when it's over, what on earth is your problem with that/with me?

And you already admitted you picked the team member option.
Joseph Merrick said:
yeah, I'm on the 25 euro option. and I saw 'Stop It' on the forum :)
So...what's your objection? Obviously you didn't care if anyone knew how many euros you paid.

Seriously, you've accused me of being weird, accused me of having an insane idea, and you apparently have a problem with me supporting the game development effort with my own (not your) money, for a game/project that you obviously LIKE. I think it's fair for me to ask you to explain that since you've decided to call my posts weird/insane two or three times with no explanation or reasons.

Blizzard

Banned
Joseph Merrick said:
that's a week ago. a lot happens in a week!
Just to confirm, you call my plan weird/insane while I'm supporting a game you like taking nothing from you but information that is already public in this very thread, and you're unwilling to offer any further explanation to your posts?

Blizzard said:
Just to confirm, you call my plan weird/insane while I'm supporting a game you like taking nothing from you but information that is already public in this very thread, and you're unwilling to offer any further explanation to your posts?
lmao. this is why I don't want anything to do with you. you're clearly psychotic.

Yoritomo

Blizzard said:
Side note, team member at 25 euros = about $34 USD according to Google right now.

I went back through the thread, and it looks like this is everyone who mentioned their level so far (and there are others who probably bought but didn't mention which):

Mark vdM - team member
Kyaw - team member
Foliorum Viridum - team member
Lucius86 - team member
fresquito - team member
sneaky77 - team member
Stop It - team member
Yoritomo - he said he was going in for 100, so I assume he's senior level now
flashburn2012 - team member
Joseph Merrick - team member
Shawsie64 - team member
DOBERMAN INC - team member

That makes a total of 375 euros from NeoGAF so far. Looks like my money is safe. ;) However, since the total obviously broke 100 euros, I upgraded my account to senior. I doubt I'll ever be at the computer when they have meetings, but apparently I can "attend" now.

I'm just team member level. I'll go in for the remaining 75 after the next paycheck. I'll post a screenshot when I upgrade.

Blizzard

Banned
Joseph Merrick said:
lmao. this is why I don't want anything to do with you. you're clearly psychotic.
Once again you offered no explanation and just an insult/mockery. I attempted to be polite, but it seems that you are unwilling to even communicate? :( I will drop the topic, but I would appreciate if you refrain from calling me out in the thread if you refuse to back anything you say up.

Does anyone else in this thread feel that my question was impolite or in any way unreasonable?

herod

Blizzard said:
Once again you offered no explanation and just an insult/mockery. I attempted to be polite, but it seems that you are unwilling to even communicate? :( I will drop the topic, but I would appreciate if you refrain from calling me out in the thread if you refuse to back anything you say up.

Does anyone else in this thread feel that my question was impolite or in any way unreasonable?

It's an uncomfortable presumptuous approach to just start assuming people want to be involved in things like this.

Blizzard

Banned
herod said:
It's an uncomfortable presumptuous approach to just start assuming people want to be involved in things like this.
I apologize if I made anyone uncomfortable.

I guess my question is, how is anyone "involved" in anything? Obviously no one is giving money to me. Obviously you do not sign up for anything. Obviously if you posted in this thread saying you paid 25 euros for a game, you don't care if people know that you paid 25 euros for a game.

Where is the involvement?

Lucius86

Banned
For gods sake people, drop it! I want to talk about CARS, not why some people find it weird contributing to a list that has no impact on others. Why the hell people find issue with that is beyond me, but I honestly don't care.

Bloody hell.

Anyway, just done a 1.24.3, but there is no way I can get in the 21's - not a chance.

Dilly, you using KERS and P2P (as apparently G27 users have that option).

Kyaw

Lucius86 said:
For gods sake people, drop it! I want to talk about CARS, not why some people find it weird contributing to a list that has no impact on others. Why the hell people find issue with that is beyond me, but I honestly don't care.

Bloody hell.

Anyway, just done a 1.24.3, but there is no way I can get in the 21's - not a chance.

Dilly, you using KERS and P2P (as apparently G27 users have that option).

There's KERS and DRS for Forumla B cars?!

TELL ME MORE.

wowzors

Just bought this Team member status here, you guys convinced me to do it! haha, plays slick with the G27, only thing I am finding odd is the menu lag and its general pre-alphaness. Definetly not a big deal though, game runs solid with all max'd on my 560 TI. Great purchase so far, can only get better. Thanks for the thread telling me about this game.

markao

Updated the list in the OP with the new names/status.

@Lucius86, I my self lap in the high 22's, without P2P. I tried to capture a lap, but it is slightly harder for to drive with 30 FPS, so it is 0.5 slower :p , maybe it is of any help for you to look were you could gain some time.

Formula-B at Bologna - 1.23.2

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
woah, just stumbled on this thread (TERRIBLE name btw). looks and sounds awesome. lovin everything except the ghost driving. i hate seeing a wheel move on its own, remove it completely, or animate a driver.

R1CHO said:
Wheel, hood, bumper, external... but you can change fov and other settings for all of them.

Also you can deactivate the wheel, and just see the interior of the car:

that helps!

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Joseph Merrick said:

lol, he's definitely not the one who is psychotic here.

Kyaw

op_ivy said:
woah, just stumbled on this thread (TERRIBLE name btw). looks and sounds awesome. lovin everything except the ghost driving. i hate seeing a wheel move on its own, remove it completely, or animate a driver.

It's pre-pre-alpha! The game is supposed to come out in 1 year or so.

Lucius86 said:
Bottom right button on a g27. It makes the bar on the right drain but I have no idea if it makes a difference in speed.

What about DFGT?!

Blizzard

Banned
Kyaw said:
There's KERS and DRS for Forumla B cars?!

TELL ME MORE.
This discussion made me look up KERS on wikipedia since I'm not familiar with a lot of technical racing stuff. Neat! If I understand correctly, this would mean that if you brake for a curve, you could recover some of the energy for a speed boost coming out of it?

Dilly

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Don't worry, Dilly, we've got the bottom of it.

Commander Lucius: i cant get any lower than 1.24.4 int hat formula b car
Commander Lucius: how the fucky does dilly do it
FoliorumViridum: Bigger cock
FoliorumViridum: Better driving skills
FoliorumViridum: Full head of hair
FoliorumViridum: All of the above
Commander Lucius: likely all 4
Commander Lucius: 4?
Commander Lucius: 3
FoliorumViridum: He can count
Commander Lucius: better counting skills
Commander Lucius: 4

This is the only explanation!

Then again, the 1.21.9 was probably a freak lap, I'm more consistently in the 1.22.xx's. Also didn't know there's a turbo boost on the Formula B car, haven't found that one yet!

I'd try again, but the muscles of my left arm are feeling quite painful after my training at the gym yesterday, so can't use my wheel for too long.

Top Bottom