• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Natal - controller free gaming on 360

FrankT

Kibbles said:
Lack of live video shows lack of confidence by Microsoft. =p Natal better not be the focus of the E3 Conference tomorrow. Ugh.

It's certainly going to be a focus according to Garnett this week. Don't think just because they are doing this showing we aren't going to see a good bit tomorrow showing the actual games.

gofreak said:
The Game thing is actually a mess. The preorder isn't actually a preorder right now...it's a preorder of a preorder if you get my drift. They'll only be converted into real preorders when the price is up.

I also totally wouldn't expect anything from them at 7pm. I really wouldn't put it past someone at Game thinking MS will announce a release date at '7pm' because they're holding the Natal event at 7pm PST. I really do think they may be that unaware, and we'll see another embarassing 'countdown ends to reveal another countdown'.

WOW. :lol

Kibbles said:
Lack of live video shows lack of confidence by Microsoft. =p Natal better not be the focus of the E3 Conference tomorrow. Ugh.

It's not lack of video, it is controlled PR. Which happens everywhere.

duk

Banned
Kibbles said:

the lack of wisdom is strong with this one

Jtyettis said:
Perfect. :lol

About the time MS's show wraps up tomorrow or about an hour after.

The best thing, it counts up here. It's now at - 1 day, - 2 hours and 57 minutes here in GMT 1. Guess Game had nothing.

Klyka said:
So the Times Square thing will also be on Tuesday,right?

Times Square will according to Greenberg be the Media Briefing, so not the Natal Event.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Kibbles said:

I would disagree, lack of videos means they have a contract to show the event exclusive on the MTV networks Tuesday. Why live stream it when it will be broadcast?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
cgcg said:
They are probably cutting out the inevitable screwups.
The sole purpose of film/video editing is to cut out screwups? Oh, GAF...

Korigama

Oculus...sounds like some sort of mash-up of ocular radius. Not that I think they're really going to call it that, though.

:lol @ Xboculus.

Pooya

CVG says they'll live blog the event
Check back in the wee hours for all the Natal news
Microsoft's set to officially lift the lid off Project Natal tonight - and we'll be reporting live.

The platform holder's expected to reveal Natal's price point, release date and the first games during its Natal Experience event in Los Angeles this evening. Cirque du Soleil will be performing too, which will be a nice treat for our men on the floor.

Korigama said:
Oculus...sounds like some sort of mash-up of ocular radius. Not that I think they're really going to call it that, though.
To most people hearing it, it will probably sound like a bad comic book character name. No way is it the name of this thing. No way. Sounds so 'ridoculus'. Even has a villainous sort of vibe to it, but then a lot of Latin words ending in S have that sound, IMO. :lol

miladesn said:
Is there going to be OT for the event tonight? definitely there is going to be some major news out of this.

Media is not allowed to bring any device that can report the event. They are allowed to go back and talk about it after it has ended, but don't expect much from this. It will be an entertainment show first and foremost.

oculus, isn't that just a term for eye or lense...

Oh wait, I remember now, it's an opening(or circular painting emulating an opening) in the top of a dome/roof to represent the idea of god watching you and trancendence into the heavens.

The Parthenon has an oculus.

(I never once thought art history would come in handy)

Pooya

Vinterbird said:
Media is not allowed to bring any device that can report the event. They are allowed to go back and talk about it after it has ended, but don't expect much from this. It will be an entertainment show first and foremost.
yeah but CVG says they'll cover the event live.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
les papillons sexuels said:
oculus, isn't that just a term for eye or lense...

Oh wait, I remember now, it's an opening(or circular painting emulating an opening) in the top of a dome/roof to represent the idea of god watching you and trancendence into the heavens.

The Parthenon has an oculus.

(I never once thought art history would come in handy)
How many soccer moms do you think know that?

subrock

perhaps that is one slide of a few in a PPP describing how they derived the name. Oculus being one of the building blocks, or rejected names.

Feep

Banned
Tonight's Natal Experience, I believe, is not being streamed by any media outlets.

I'll be there though! :D

W00t Cirque du Soleil

lord pie

Is this the first time in history Microsoft and Sony have managed to keep their E3 plans secret?

Bravo I say. It's a nice change actually looking forward to E3 announcements, rather than having them spoiled months in advance.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Vinterbird said:
It's at 7 PM if I remember correctly.

Can you please tell how long from this post's posting time exactly to bypass all time conversion BS :p

edit : thanks poster above.

noisome07

Banned
dont think so, you just cant record anything or take pictures. lots of shit will be leaked in about 7-8 hours probably. thats if they show anything >_>

expy said:
http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/images/content/boxart/Kane%20and%20Lynch%20New%20Box%20Art.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TaLDQuLWL30/TBSxOqXBGLI/AAAAAAAAIKY/n7kI14gGowA/image%5B4%5D.png

A little bit off, but not by much. :lol
e5l9j8.jpg

derFeef

Darthdevidem01 said:
CVG is saying they will start posting what happens at it from 3AM BST = 7 PM PT

But is there an NDA or not guys?
They are surely not allowed to. They are making things up or maybe have no idea what they are going to attend.

Darthdevidem01 said:

Don't think so. They invited average Joes so I don't believe they have to sign a NDA to watch a show.

Darthdevidem01 said:

They must be making the same mistake other people have, thinking they are allowed to bring devices to the event, or thinking that it might be shown somewhere.

And I doubt we will get any substantial information tonight, it will be a "look at how awesome Cirque is, and uhh look at our hardware". It will be in line with the MTV-360 reveal. The real info will come Monday.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Darthdevidem01 said:

No NDA on articles and impressions. But no photos or videos whatsoever should surface at all. The whole thing will be slimmed to 30 minutes (eliminate dead time and glitches some say) and broadcast on Tuesday, thus making videos and images unnecessary. That's my understnanding.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
No media capture is allowed, but I'm sure people will be able to talk about it. Gagging people for a day or so wouldn't be feasible, or enforceable...you really think MS would sue some celeb for twittering about it or blabbing to a journalist?

So, in theory, no media from the event...but reports? Yeah, I expect so. At least afterwards.

gofreak said:
No media capture is allowed, but I'm sure people will be able to talk about it. Gagging people for a day or so wouldn't be feasible, or enforceable...you really think MS would sue some celeb for twittering about it or blabbing to a journalist?

So, in theory, no media from the event...but reports? Yeah, I expect so. At least afterwards.

People are free to report on it, after it has ended. No embargo. They just aren't allowed to bring laptops, phones or anything to the event itself.

Feep

Banned
Neuromancer said:
We expect a full report when you get out
Yessir.

P.S. I highly doubt there will be an NDA. We haven't yet signed one, and having everyone stop the fill out a legal document at this event would be ridiculous.

slider

God, hype rising for Natal. Not long left and I'm expecting to be surprised by what they have on show.

I'm afraid this new found enthusiasm is all from River Rush.

derFeef said:

Rare addressed it on their Twitter:
Yes, we know the website holding page says '00 Days'. It just got impatient and went bounding ahead like a big excitable labrador. Bless.

Also, I just realized that the countdown is at least a few days off...for us. If today is "Rare Day", then only the people at the Natal Premiere event will see their game, but they can't say anything about it because of NDAs, which means that we'll either see Rare's stuff at Microsoft's E3 event on Monday, or on the televised Natal Premiere event on Tuesday.

God.
Fucking.
Dammit!

Pachimari

Microsoft promises reveals 'for everyone'

Microsoft has promised to show a mix bag of new titles at its E3 show tomorrow - including some big reveals for the hardcore.

In a rousing speech today, Microsoft UK boss Neil Thompson told press that tomorrow's event would offer "something for everyone" - and hinted at a core game reveal.

We're getting very excited now. Microsoft is expected to reveal a bunch of 'family friendly' titles at its Natal event tonight in Los Angeles - where Cirque du Soleil will perform.

We'll be on the ground, reporting the news as it happens. Stay tuned.

Taken from CVG.

Top Bottom