• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Natal - controller free gaming on 360

So, like, if they're not allowed to bring in devices to capture or communicate, are people going to hang back at the doors, tapping Morse code loud enough to be heard on the outside and where it will be transcribed and updated to the internet from there?

AndyD

aka andydumi
MightyHedgehog said:
So, like, if they're not allowed to bring in devices to capture or communicate, are people going to hang back at the doors, tapping Morse code loud enough to be heard on the outside and where it will be transcribed and updated to the internet from there?

Hehe. They are allowed to say whatever once they are done. Just not show pictures/videos.

gofreak said:
No media capture is allowed, but I'm sure people will be able to talk about it. Gagging people for a day or so wouldn't be feasible, or enforceable...you really think MS would sue some celeb for twittering about it or blabbing to a journalist?

So, in theory, no media from the event...but reports? Yeah, I expect so. At least afterwards.

That's what I don't understand though. They don't have an NDA, yet the entire show can be live blogged and probably feature some leaked videos. What's the point of showing it at E3 then if we already know everything that's been revealed and certain gaming journalists will just be rewatching the event they went to Sunday?

Dabanton

riceandbeans said:
That's what I don't understand though. They don't have an NDA, yet the entire show can be live blogged and probably feature some leaked videos. What's the point of showing it at E3 then if we already know everything that's been revealed and certain gaming journalists will just be rewatching the event they went to Sunday?

How are they going to Liveblog when no electronic devices are allowed in.

AndyD

aka andydumi
riceandbeans said:
Okay... now I'm getting even more confused. Then what's with CVG saying they're going to liveblog? Or is that after the show?

Words are fine, just no pictures or movies.

derFeef

riceandbeans said:
Okay... now I'm getting even more confused. Then what's with CVG saying they're going to liveblog? Or is that after the show?
They are mixing the events up, they are not allowed to bring devices. For the 100th time now :)

Feep

Banned
I just want to say that I just checked my confirmation E-mail AND an E-mail sent to me today by a Microsoft press rep, and neither said anything about banning electronic devices. My phone is coming in with me whether they like it or not.

Dabanton

It wouldn't surprise me if they'll have guys with nightvison cameras scanning the crowd during the show.

But i'll applaud anyone getting any video out of there. :lol

Feep said:
I just want to say that I just checked my confirmation E-mail AND an E-mail sent to me today by a Microsoft press rep, and neither said anything about banning electronic devices. My phone is coming in with me whether they like it or not.
I'm expecting some info tonight from you...:D

Feep said:

do you have twitter? we will follow you^^

Vamphuntr

Feep said:

Don't worry we'll prepare the bail money.

TheOddOne

Maby one of their core titles is developed by Spawnpoint studios? On their hiring pages they do mention to help develop a new gaming category for the Xbox 360 Natal program.

Razor210

Should I feel weird that I'm now strongly anticipating Microsoft's conference tomorrow?

For all this hoopla they're making about this, it surely can't be just another Ricochet demo.

Flynn

InaudibleWhispa said:
It frustrates me so much seeing "How can you pull a trigger?" brought up time and time again by the detractors. Talk about totally missing the point.

Seriously. You just say, "PEWPEWPEW!" and Natal takes care of the rest.

TheOddOne

InaudibleWhispa said:
It frustrates me so much seeing "How can you pull a trigger?" brought up time and time again by the detractors. Talk about totally missing the point.
People are stuck thinking that Natal is going to replace the controller all together.

Feep said:
You're our man on the scene on this one, don't let us down!

TheOddOne

Vamphuntr said:
I hope they show some real games and not some Wii Sports wannabe.
The natal showcase will be casual oriented, this has been know for a couple of months.

But the press conference might suprise us.

AzBat

Here's the official for those still not sure...

@MajorNelson said:
Here is how things are going down : Natal Premiere tonight. MTV records it. Plays it back Tuesday. It is NOT available LIVE via stream etc.

Benjamin1981 said:
so how many hours til the event starts?
4 hours and 15 minutes. Since E3 last year, I've had my PC time/date looks like this:

1piaaa.jpg

It generally helps a lot on the internet, especially when it comes to media since so many trailers/events are scheduled around US time. Just this week alone on GAF it's helped me countless times.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
MightyHedgehog said:
Do you wanna bet that the camera will launch at that price? I bet that it starts below $100 in the US.

I don't care really but I would be glad to buy it for 100$ or less. But for 200$?!?!

Top Bottom