• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone 2 : Brave New World unveiled [trailer]

Jawmuncher

Hope it's not a long wait for Western Shores. It's a day 1 buy regardless of when it hits though. Hoping there's some more big names and not just repeats to show in the future.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hope it's not a long wait for Western Shores. It's a day 1 buy regardless of when it hits though. Hoping there's some more big names and not just repeats to show in the future.
Seems to be Fall for all regions. Hoping that means it'll be close to the same day, or at the very least the same month.

It'll be nowhere near the wait compared to the first game coming to the US, that's for sure.

Seyavesh

Still hoping one of them will be translated multi-5 someday.

Yeah...keep dreaming, it's all about low budget.

this was leaked in an italian press release actually so start believing or something

The silhouettes from the end of the trailer
CCbHn4pVEAEQPcX.png

SC5W9OA.gif

SoulUnison

Banned
Needs Sonic and Klonoa.

Honestly, it's kind of embarrassing for SEGA to go into a "dream crossover" style game without including Sonic.

Eolz

https://www.bandainamcoent.eu/news/...d-for-europe-middle-east-and-australasia/5038

The ultimate cross-over game by legendary publishers!

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment, CAPCOM and SEGA Interactive Co., Ltd./ SEGA Games Co., Ltd are back for some more with Project X Zone 2 for the Nintendo 3DS™ system! The second episode of this ultimate cross-over tactical RPG, created by MONOLITH SOFTWARE INC., will hit digital & physical shelves in the above-mentioned regions on Autumn 2015!

With more than 400 000 units, the first episode of this Tactical-RPG series surprised not only fans but also press thanks to its massive line-up, stirring gameplay and unique humour! Among the famed returning licenses, Project X Zone 2 will feature TEKKEN, TALES OF VESPERIA, GOD EATER or .hack// series (BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment), DEVIL MAY CRY, MEGAMAN X and RESIDENT EVIL series (CAPCOM), Sakura Wars, YAKUZA: Dead Souls and Virtua Fighter (SEGA Interactive Co., Ltd./ SEGA Games Co., Ltd).

“Working hand-in-hand with renowned publishers such as SEGA and CAPCOM is a blessing. Exchanging ideas and working towards making fans happy is the ultimate goal behind this cross-over. With dozens of famous characters and licenses, unique humour traits and highly tactical gameplay; Project X Zone 2 presents itself as a serious contender to be a critically appreciated Tactical RPG!” said Herve Hoerdt, Vice President of IP Strategy, Marketing & PR at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe.

The successful recipe of this game will be heightened with the addition of several characters, in-game features (More information to come over the next few months!) and new languages for subtitles: French, Italian, German and Spanish!

Dozens of characters!

Majima, Dante, Kiryuu and Virgil being in one game is absolutely cream worthy.

Shame the game will probably be just as bad as the 1st one though.

Fraeon

Yeeaaaah, I was really looking forward to the first one but that game wasn't even passable. Quit about a third through the game not bfcause I was stuck but because I ended up being so bored.

It's quite the accomplishment since I did finish Endless Frontier and that game was also waaay too long for its own good.

cj_iwakura

Project X Zone 2 will feature TEKKEN, TALES OF VESPERIA, GOD EATER or .hack// series

ONLY ONE. Choose wisely!

Yeeaaaah, I was really looking forward to the first one but that game wasn't even passable. Quit about a third through the game not bfcause I was stuck but because I ended up being so bored.

It's quite the accomplishment since I did finish Endless Frontier and that game was also waaay too long for its own good.

PxZ makes Endless Frontier look like Rhapsody.

Videoneon

Hopefully my Valkyria Chronicles team will be back. That or Alicia/Welkin would be good too.

I would prefer this team =D

No surprise since they were in the last game, but God Eater confirmed to return.

Definitely. God Eater 2 got an expansion, an anime adaptation, and is likely to have its PS4 version localized. English trademarks for Rage Burst are already out I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right. I so hope if we get another OST, we get EVERYONE'S themes. I was a bit bummed knowing some of my favorite tracks didn't make it on the OST included in the LE....there was also only ONE Sega track on it.

cj_iwakura

Oh right. I so hope if we get another OST, we get EVERYONE'S themes. I was a bit bummed knowing some of my favorite tracks didn't make it on the OST included in the LE....there was also only ONE Sega track on it.

Was there an official OST?

And I hope we get GE2 localized, it looks great.

SoldnerKei

Leon is a support unit? :c
aww damn

I suppose we won't get a Leon x Ada team, and nice to see a Soul Calibur character, not the one I hoped for thou lol but it's something

Ilvocare

Oh man. This is all happening really fast.

And I don't think that's necessarily a GOOD thing.

Now if you look at my avatar, it should be plainly obvious that I'm more than biased on the whole thing. I heard about PXZ first and then found out it was attached to Endless Frontier, which I then played to get hyped for PXZ. In the end I enjoyed both games but enjoyed EF WAY more than PXZ.

PXZ nailed the quality of interactions between characters, but Kogoro and Mii were super-lacking. I loved their style but they lacked the substance to keep up. Maybe PXZ2 will do something like what happened with the R Team in SRW Shin to Alpha, where these characters sucked and then another game came around featuring them and made them, if not the best then significantly better.

The gameplay needed several changes, and not just in the pacing. The entire "maps are too big" thing is valid, but also:
-Even when limited in quantity, items that had could heal everyone on the map regardless of where they were located were super broken. The consumable item system needs to either be reworked or cut entirely. Healing needs to not be so goddamned free in an SRPG. (hint: Spirits. SP Points. Please.)
-The X (or Cross) System for combos is actually kinda garbage. It felt way too simple and there was no reason to not just let your attacks play all the way through each time. EF had a cancelling system that boosted what was essentially your overdrive meter by a significant amount if you cancelled one attack early into another attack. That made a simple dynamic between fighting for damage vs. fighting for meter. PXZ was basically "use the support/solo unit for meter or don't for damage".
-If enemies are less numerous, they should hit for way more damage in the greater picture. I want my positioning and spacing of units to actually matter.
-This isn't really a mechanical gripe, but if you look at the title screen when PXZ is boosted it looks like all the worlds have been violently mashed together to the point where walking from one environment to the other is literally a couple of steps. It'd be really fucking cool if the maps in PXZ2 were mish-mashes of places that you had to navigate. At the very least, it'd be smarter than going back to previous maps in PXZ later on with little to no environmental change in-between.

The reason I'm saying all this is because I'm afraid that this sequel is getting rushed out the door in order to further cash in on the relative success the first one had. I don't want this to be the DMC2 of SRPGs. Oh dear god please.

Also I'll be... upset if Haken doesn't make it back in. Suzuka would be cool as either a solo unit or paired with Aschen.

On a final note, what's this about EF being too long? I play my JRPGs slow as hell and that game clocked in at 45 hours for me. That's nothing.

Overside

Banned
I liked the characters all interacting with each other, and older characters getting some cool recognition, and the xenogears style death blow animation style, but honestly, the game was just too long, and more importantly nowhere near engaging enough, I just left out of boredom about half way through.

I liked the characters all interacting with each other, and older characters getting some cool recognition, and the xenogears style death blow animation style, but honestly, the game was just too long, and more importantly nowhere near engaging enough, I just left out of boredom about half way through.

First half was really interesting then the second half is just unnecesary go reach that point x 20 times

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The reason I'm saying all this is because I'm afraid that this sequel is getting rushed out the door in order to further cash in on the relative success the first one had.
I dun think this can be called a rushjob seeing as its coming out 3 years after the first one dropped (in japan anyway, fall 2012). If they wanted ta cash-in they woulda had this out much quicker. Also hoping they dun change to much including the difficulty. Some may call it easy for a srpg but who would expect a game like ta be hardcore? Its all about seeing your fave characters kicking the heck outta baddies from series unrelated to their own cause they're just that cool!

cj_iwakura

It at once pleases and saddens me that niche games get mad hype here but crickets at other MBs I frequent.

Mention Reiji and Xiaomu anywhere else, and it'd be like 'who?'.

Ilvocare

I dun think this can be called a rushjob seeing as its coming out 3 years after the first one dropped (in japan anyway, fall 2012). If they wanted ta cash-in they woulda had this out much quicker. Also hoping they dun change to much including the difficulty. Some may call it easy for a srpg but who would expect a game like ta be hardcore? Its all about seeing your fave characters kicking the heck outta baddies from series unrelated to their own cause they're just that cool!

The reason I'm worried it's rushed is because the announcement of the game's existence is also the announcement of its release window. Which is a mere two quarters away. The ambition involved in pulling all these franchises together and having a near-simultaneous release means that having a bad or lukewarm product indirectly hurts everything involved. PXZ was fun for me personally, but the reception puts this sequel on thin ice, leaving less room for error.

I'm not necessarily saying that an easy game is a bad game, but it'd be really nice, in my opinion, for there to be a harder difficulty that requires involvement for the people who want it. Technically PXZ tried that with unlocking a NG+ exclusive hard mode, but due to the equipment available that ended up easier than the original game. Not to mention outside of introducing brand-new equipment all the difficulty did was increase the levels of enemies a bit and reduce EXP gain. Which is kinda lazy.

They need to improve on this because if this gets a bad reception then not only does that shut down further Namco X Capcom X Whatever games but it will extinguish the smoldering hope I have that one day, SRW OG games previously unlocalized will finally get their due.

Guys I really want EXCEED, OGs, and 2nd OG. OG Gaiden is fine too.

Atrarock

Hope they use a larger sized cart for higher quality music. Some songs in PXZ sounded a bit midi-ish.

Day 1 buy for me, can't wait!

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
The reason I'm worried it's rushed is because the announcement of the game's existence is also the announcement of its release window. Which is a mere two quarters away. The ambition involved in pulling all these franchises together and having a near-simultaneous release means that having a bad or lukewarm product indirectly hurts everything involved. PXZ was fun for me personally, but the reception puts this sequel on thin ice, leaving less room for error.

wikipedia said:
Namco Bandai came up with the idea of a "dream crossover" and brought on Capcom and Sega. The game was first revealed in a teaser by Bandai Namco on the official website until it was revealed in the May 2012 issue of Famitsu.
First teased via site, revealed in famitsu in May, released in October seems about the same deal here just a month earlier!

They need to improve on this because if this gets a bad reception then not only does that shut down further Namco X Capcom X Whatever games but it will extinguish the smoldering hope I have that one day, SRW OG games previously unlocalized will finally get their due.

Guys I really want EXCEED, OGs, and 2nd OG. OG Gaiden is fine too.
I'm with ya on this if those games play relatively close to PXZ. Some of those OG/Frontier whatever characters did get me interested in those games! As did well, alot of the characters I wasn't familiar with overall!

Top Bottom