• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update on GeForce Leak

Kokoloko85

What? That's what I was saying in my reply... you don't need to pirate. You can just buy the game and play it legally on your PC. No one is arresting you for that. I have a small collection of GC, Wii, Wii-U, and Switch games that I play on PC.

I was just talking about people who Game purely on PC. No buying Nintendo or Playstation exclusives etc

Banned
I always thought the rules were if you own a copy of the game then you can own rom/ emulation etc. But if you don’t then if your caught its gonna be not great

no you have to actually make a private copy from a legally bought copy you own.
on Switch that would work by softmodding it, and then connecting it to a PC while using apps to transfer the necessary data onto your PC.

for Disc based games this is way easier of course, playing a PS1 game on a PC is super easy, even Playing a PS1 game on an Xbox just works by putting the disc in and having the necessary emulator installed

it's funny, back when the Xbox was still new and I heard people say that their brother had an Xbox that plays PS1 games, I thought they were full of shit... only later after learning that a modded Xbox is an emulation powerhouse did I realise, nah, they told the truth lol...

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

you: MANY PEOPLE ARE HOPEFUL FOR THIS TO BE TRUE, DOESNT MEAN IT IS

others: it's true, here's a bunch of evidence

you: PCMR ARE OUT OF CONTROL I JUST LIKE CONSOLES BETTER!
So again cherry picking.
Don't see you quoting the bashers.

It's ok to police PC over consoles?
That behavior in this thread is out of control.

Relique

no you have to actually make a private copy from a legally bought copy you own.
on Switch that would work by softmodding it, and then connecting it to a PC while using apps to transfer the necessary data onto your PC.

for Disc based games this is way easier of course, playing a PS1 game on a PC is super easy, even Playing a PS1 game on an Xbox just works by putting the disc in and having the necessary emulator installed

it's funny, back when the Xbox was still new and I heard people say that their brother had an Xbox that plays PS1 games, I thought they were full of shit... only later after learning that a modded Xbox is an emulation powerhouse did I realise, nah, they told the truth lol...
Yes Nintendo would like you to believe that downloading a ROM for a game you already own is illegal, and they write that on their website, but that's not exactly true. The truth is that there is no legal precedent for such a thing. No company ever went after anybody for this probably because they know they can't win. Most copyright lawyers agree that such a scenario is defensible under fair use law. You can find many articles written about this issue. So if you own a game emulate to your heart's content.

Banned
Yes Nintendo would like you to believe that downloading a ROM for a game you already own is illegal, and they write that on their website, but that's not exactly true. The truth is that there is no legal precedent for such a thing.

I know for a fact it is illegal in germany at least, as in germany you can only make a private copy from a legally obtained copy. uploading the game to the internet instantly makes it an illegal copy and therefore you wouldn't be allowed to then make a copy for yourself from this uploaded copy.

maybe there are some legal grey areas that you could use to actually get out of such a situation, but the legal text for private copies is pretty straight forward in germany.

copyright laws across the western world are very similar, so I bet it's similar to this in many countries.

PhaseJump

Banned
So again cherry picking.
Don't see you quoting the bashers.

It's ok to police PC over consoles?
That behavior in this thread is out of control.

Define out of control, because it seems to me that this is a thread generally about a leaked list of upcoming PC games being polluted by the mental gymnastics of console warriors with persecution complexes, who refuse to accept things.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Yes Nintendo would like you to believe that downloading a ROM for a game you already own is illegal, and they write that on their website, but that's not exactly true. The truth is that there is no legal precedent for such a thing. No company ever went after anybody for this probably because they know they can't win. Most copyright lawyers agree that such a scenario is defensible under fair use law. You can find many articles written about this issue. So if you own a game emulate to your heart's content.

Actually plenty of companies contact the ISP and inform them of the download of illegal content all the time. The ISPs then threaten their customer with turning off their internet services if they continue to do so. So companies may not go after individuals directly, but that doesn't mean downloading games is legal at all.

Relique

I know for a fact it is illegal in germany at least, as in germany you can only make a private copy from a legally obtained copy. uploading the game to the internet instantly makes it an illegal copy and therefore you wouldn't be allowed to then make a copy for yourself from this uploaded copy.

maybe there are some legal grey areas that you could use to actually get out of such a situation, but the legal text for private copies is pretty straight forward in germany.

copyright laws across the western world are very similar, so I bet it's similar to this in many countries.
I should have made it clear that my comment was based on the US so that's my fault. It's illegal to SHARE any copyrighted material so many companies try to use that to scare you from downloading, but it's not the same thing at all. Copyright lawyers agree that if a company was ever to go after you for downloading a game you already own a copy of, you can claim fair use and be okay. No one has ever had to do that though.

Actually plenty of companies contact the ISP and inform them of the download of illegal content all the time. The ISPs then threaten their customer with turning off their internet services if they continue to do so. So companies may not go after individuals directly, but that doesn't mean downloading games is legal at all.
This is a whole different issue. ISPs can refuse you service if they don't want you to download copyrighted material on their service but that doesn't mean they know you are doing something illegal. This is why you get a bunch of warnings then termination of service and not a pair of handcuffs.

Topher

Gold Member
This is a whole different issue. ISPs can refuse you service if they don't want you to download copyrighted material on their service but that doesn't mean they know you are doing something illegal. This is why you get a bunch of warnings then termination of service and not a pair of handcuffs.

But they absolutely could prosecute if they wanted to because it is, in fact, illegal activity. Contacting ISPs is easier and cheaper than hiring lawyers. Look at the websites that Nintendo shut down as an example. That was a legal threat.

Banned

this seems crazy to me from my german perspective... in order to get any info on who downloaded what over here, the copyright holder would have to first jump through multiple hoops in order to get your identity tied to an IP address that they first have to somehow prove broke any law in the first place.

this usually only happens if you are dumb enough to expose your IP address by downloading shit over a torrent client and without any method to hide your IP Address.

getting your IP from a normal website that offers downloads is almost impossible for any copyright holder to get a hold of. that would entail to confiscating the server and then the server would need to have all the IP addresses of people saved, which noone really does I assume.

and then, most ISPs use dynamic IP addresses that change periodically, so my current IP address is not the same as the one I had just a few weeks/days ago...

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nor does you cherry pick quoting me.

Why aren't you quoting the PCMR people who are bashing and policing PC over consoles in this thread.
because pc is very hip right now, cool to own and it's very expensive. So people who spent a lot of money on it, won't hear any wrong about it.
Why can't everything be normal. I own pc which is like 6x more expensive than my ps5 but I can still enjoy both.
People protect their PCs because they want to make their purchase feel right. It's normal behavior.
Same with a console if it was really expensive for someone not as wealthy.

I own "a computers" for 25 years. The fact that these consoles are so cheap nowadays is crazy.
Last gen, there was absolutely no reason for pc gamer not to own at least a side ps4 slim.
I never even wanted one - "of f this bloodborne, last guardian and uc4. who cares", I have a 2070pc
When I noticed in late 2017, the fkn ps4 slim was 200usd new... why the hell not. I got it, asked my wife to buy me bloodborne and the last guardian and oh my god was it a good purchase.
People just need to stop being so stpidly stubborn over the 30fps and lower graphics (which is not even a case with series x and ps5 anymore).
Owning a side console with exclusives is cheaper than upgradeing your cpu or graphics card and yields such a crazy benefits.
Same with new consoles. 500 sounds like a lot but it really is not in current market and gpu prices. I was very lucky to get both 3080fe and ps5 disc version at msrp prices.

It really does not have to be one over another. Consoles perfectly complete the pc. That said - if I only had to use one, it would be a hard choice. probably a pc seeing how everything comes to it.

Relique

But they absolutely could prosecute if they wanted to because it is, in fact, illegal activity. Contacting ISPs is easier and cheaper than hiring lawyers. Look at the websites that Nintendo shut down as an example. That was a legal threat.
Please read what I wrote before. It is illegal to share copyrighted materials so yes websites that do that can be shut down easily. They can TRY to prosecute you for downloading a game you own but they will not win, and guess what? They never tried to because they know that... that's what "no legal precedent" means.

The only example that is close enough is when Betamax tried to get the US government to ban MP3 players. The courts ruled that as long as the user owned the music in some format, the MP3 was "space shifting" and was fair use.

this seems crazy to me from my german perspective... in order to get any info on who downloaded what over here, the copyright holder would have to first jump through multiple hoops in order to get your identity tied to an IP address they first have to somehow prove broke any law in the first place.

this usually only happens if you are dumb enough to expose your IP address by downloading shit over a torrent client and without any method to hide your IP Address.

getting your IP from a normal website that offers downloads is almost impossible for any copyright holder to get a hold of. that would entail to confiscating the server and then the server would need to have all the IP addresses of people saved, which noone really does I assume.
Yeah it's not easy to prosecute for copyright infringement. This is why in the US the ISP just threatens to cut off your service so they can get rid of any potential liability with the least amount of headache. And like I mentioned before, at least in the US, the copyright holder also have the additional burden of making sure you don't already own a copy or have a license to whatever you downloaded. Look above for the Betamax example on "time shifting", "space shifting", and "fair use".

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
because pc is very hip right now, cool to own and it's very expensive. So people who spent a lot of money on it, won't hear any wrong about it.
Why can't everything be normal. I own pc which is like 6x more expensive than my ps5 but I can still enjoy both.
People protect their PCs because they want to make their purchase feel right. It's normal behavior.

I own "a computers" for 25 years. The fact that these consoles are so cheap nowadays is crazy.
Last gen, there was absolutely no reason for pc gamer not to own at least a side ps4 slim.
I never even wanted one - "of f this bloodborne, last guardian and uc4. who cares", I have a 2070pc
When I noticed in late 2017, the fkn ps4 slim was 200usd new... why the hell not. I got it, asked my wife to buy me bloodborne and the last guardian and oh my god was it a good purchase.
People just need to stop being so stpidly stubborn over the 30fps and lower graphics (which is not even a case with series x and ps5 anymore).
Owning a side console with exclusives is cheaper than upgradeing your cpu or graphics card and yields such a crazy benefits.
Same with new consoles. 500 sounds like a lot but it really is not in current market and gpu prices. I was very lucky to get both 3080fe and ps5 disc version at msrp prices.

It really does not have to be one over another. Consoles perfectly complete the pc. That said - if I only had to use one, it would be a hard choice. probably a pc seeing how everything comes to it.

star-trek.gif

Oh, my bad. It's just a repeat.

We're in a PC gaming related thread, and you're downplaying PC gaming in favor of those "crazy" and affordable Playstation consoles, again.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Please read what I wrote before. It is illegal to share copyrighted materials so yes websites that do that can be shut down easily. They can TRY to prosecute you for downloading a game you own but they will not win, and guess what? They never tried to because they know that... that's what "no legal precedent" means.

The only example that is close enough is when Betamax tried to get the US government to ban MP3 players. The courts ruled that as long as the user owned the music in some format, the MP3 was "space shifting" and was fair use.

What you are saying makes no sense. By your logic, someone selling illegal drugs can be prosecuted, but someone buying those drugs cannot. Anyone downloading copyrighted material illegally can be sued and yes, they will win. There are laws on the books that point to this activity and explicitly say it is legal. You don't need a "legal precedent" to enforce the law.

We are not talking about people converting content they legally own from one format to another so that example does not apply.

This is a better example:

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
star-trek.gif

Oh, my bad. It's just a repeat.

We're in a PC gaming related thread, and you're downplaying PC gaming in favor of those "crazy" and affordable Playstation consoles, again.
What did I say wrong ?
Lol I didn’t downplay shit. You are delusional or insecure. I posted the nicest post ever and someone still downplays it. F it I am out

Relique

What you are saying makes no sense. By your logic, someone selling illegal drugs can be prosecuted, but someone buying those drugs cannot. Anyone downloading copyrighted material illegally can be sued and yes, they will win. There are laws on the books that point to this activity and explicitly say it is legal. You don't need a "legal precedent" to enforce the law.

We are not talking about people converting content they legally own from one format to another so that example does not apply.
It's actually funny you say that about drugs because guess what?

Anyway your reply didn't make complete sense to me at all so I can't answer. My final stance is that I am against piracy but am for fair use in the case of emulating games that I already paid for. I do it all the time and will be willing to defend that in court. Everyone is free to do their own research on the subject. These things are going to vary by area and what's clear cut illegal in Germany isn't so clear in the US and especially Canada where there are even more exceptions and protections for personal copying of copyrighted content. I am pretty much done talking about the subject as I've derailed enough so let's leave it at everyone make their own conclusions.

Edit: Adding this regarding the link about the woman who got sued. Again you are missing the distinction between downloading and sharing. This women downloaded the songs and then SHARED them with thousands of others on Kazaa. This is not the same as me downloading Sonic 1 genesis rom to play on retroarch while already owning it on Genesis, Gamecube, Steam, Google Play and god knows what else. We are talking about entirely different things.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Why are people so denial that the list is true with the mounting evidences? Its a great thing that console games are coming to PC, on top of the various exclusives on PC right now. Sure consoles isn't no where better than the PC at all, but it does what it does just fine.

Banned
Yeah it's not easy to prosecute for copyright infringement. This is why in the US the ISP just threatens to cut off your service so they can get rid of any potential liability with the least amount of headache.

over here the ISP doesn't do shit because they can't be held liable whatsoever lol

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Define out of control, because it seems to me that this is a thread generally about a leaked list of upcoming PC games being polluted by the mental gymnastics of console warriors with persecution complexes, who refuse to accept things.
giphy.gif

Not that I disagree with the intent of your post...But I'm struggling to think of games that actually play better? Putting Silicon Wars aside mind you. I'm just curious as to which ones you are talking about?

Read the past few pages. Man, the console fanboy is scary. I am struggling to see why PC being the best place for gaming will cause people to be so upset.

What did I say wrong ?
Lol I didn’t downplay shit. You are delusional or insecure. I posted the nicest post ever and someone still downplays it. F it I am out
Yeah so am I
Why are people so denial that the list is true with the mounting evidences? Its a great thing that console games are coming to PC, on top of the various exclusives on PC right now. Sure consoles isn't no where better than the PC at all, but it does what it does just fine.

S0ULZB0URNE

Why am I being quoted?
Because you posted a example of what I was asked about.

Why aren't you quoting the PCMR people who are bashing and policing PC over consoles in this thread.

Here^ and this time I will this time see myself out.

Topher

Gold Member
It's actually funny you say that about drugs because guess what?

Anyway your reply didn't make complete sense to me at all so I can't answer. My final stance is that I am against piracy but am for fair use in the case of emulating games that I already paid for. I do it all the time and will be willing to defend that in court. Everyone is free to do their own research on the subject. These things are going to vary by area and what's clear cut illegal in Germany isn't so clear in the US and especially Canada where there are even more exceptions and protections for personal copying of copyrighted content. I am pretty much done talking about the subject as I've derailed enough so let's leave it at everyone make their own conclusions.

Edit: Adding this regarding the link about the woman who got sued. Again you are missing the distinction between downloading and sharing. This women downloaded the songs and then SHARED them with thousands of others on Kazaa. This is not the same as me downloading Sonic 1 genesis rom to play on retroarch while already owning it on Genesis, Gamecube, Steam, Google Play and god knows what else. We are talking about entirely different things.

That's fine. I'll agree to disagree.

Nickolaidas

Because Demon's Souls remake/Forbidden West/*insert Sony exclusive here* being exclusive gives Sony fans bragging rights, and it going to Steam/Epic Games in a few months/years denies them that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
There's a medical condition called Platformphobia.

Symptoms

Anger, frothing mouth, depression, desire to write pages of text, corporate umbrella defending, equally compares owning exclusive digitally delivered video games to owning Superman #1

Diagnosis

Doctors describe it as irrational emotions in mind, and hyperspastic jerks in limbs when a person notices a cherished video game played on their shiny piece of plastic is acknowledged played on a different piece of plastic. Patients put their plastic box (a $400 console) which can be bought at Walmart and Gamestop on the same pedestal as mansions and Ferraris.

The patient does not even need proof with their own eyes of another person playing to feel miserable. Unknown users 10,000 miles away playing it (only identified as Steam page user count) from a log cabin via forestry wifi is still enough to trigger Platformphobia.

Similarly, a Wikipedia page saying a game is played on multiple platforms can also be enough to induce spastic convulsions.

Effective Treatment and Cures

To relieve their emotions, gamers on the brink, or already, of meltdown status write essays on something called "video game forums" which their anonymously written novels may be read by other users. The more random users agreeing with their view, the better they feel. The fewer users agreeing, the more depressed they get. Amazingly in this situation involving unknown users from the internet, agreement about exclusives are welcomed information.

Although unpredictable, video game companies clawing back multi-platform game releases so only their platform ends up with it is an extremely effective cure with a 100% effective rate in boosting morale.

Sales list wars. Monthly sales data released by market research companies can have a positive effect on patients. The higher the sales of their exclusive game, the better they feel. Even though most games (even the biggest sellers) may only sell to 10 or 20% of the user base, the patients feel great even though the likelihood of them owning and playing that game is low. So they enjoy seeing fellow ecosystem gamers playing that game, but do like seeing non-ecosystem gamers playing it.

Ineffective Treatment and Cures

Calmly speaking to patients stating more sales on different platforms means more money for their beloved game studio is not an effective treatment, despite it supporting their corporation support.

Additionally, stating more gamers playing the game helping boost online users to keep a game going on for years is not effective either. Even though their platform of choice is not unique or exclusive at all at 100,000,000 unit base, stating that having more users to add to their active user is not welcomed unless they are the 100,000,001 or 100,000,002 users to their ecosystem walled garden.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Because Demon's Souls remake/Forbidden West/*insert Sony exclusive here* being exclusive gives Sony fans bragging rights, and it going to Steam/Epic Games in a few months/years denies them that.

Isn’t that something they are supporting, because that will means PC players will buy a PS5 after playing them on PC or whatever?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Isn’t that something they are supporting, because that will means PC players will buy a PS5 after playing them on PC or whatever?
That's the thing, which one takes precedent? PC ports are good or bad for PS?

Sony execs even said releasing games years later is supposed to be that carrot to get them to buy a PS5 so they be front of the line for their future AAA games.

So releasing old games on PC for extra money and the tease to buy a PS5 later should be a fantastic strategy. Execs are doing it.

Yet, somehow it's not a good strategy.

Last edited:

How would a company that isn’t your ISP know that? lol

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know how they'd know either.

I guess one way is if a game company saw their Game Rom on a website to download, the company would tell all the big ISPs in a country it's illegal and to go after every user on file that downloaded a copy from that link?

Nickolaidas

That's just some of those people trying to cope and consider it a 'win' while still thinking their toy of choice still gives them bragging rights.

PhaseJump

Banned

When you use torrents which is peer to peer, your IP is shared with the swarm. Copyright holders can jump in and log traffic of everybody sharing pieces of their pirated file. They get the IP addresses, they go after and bully the ISPs in charge of those IP addresses to do something about it, or eventually go to court to get the logs for personal information of the end users.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So if I leak 100 games and one of them never happens, the leak is a fraud?
Wow.
That is how it works and what’s with the lack of new IP in the list? Why’s it always games we know about? A gaffer could have made this list.
With gaming you never know. There's so many shotgun attempts anyone can make which some will be right or wrong. And so many insiders leaking for attention.

My company doesn't do video games, but we get our share of new products (and even entire product lines) that are hyped up internally 1-2 years from launch. But then sometimes we axe the launch as it doesn't look worth it anymore.

Someone leaking secret info 18 months out might be spot on if he saw an internal Powerpoint. But just because the launch was cancelled doesn't mean his info was fake. It was legit at that moment in time.

Nickolaidas

That is how it works.
No, it *really* isn't.

Imagine me leaking the roster of Mortal Kombat 12, including dlc and new characters, and the only mismatch I do is the actual roster having Reiko instead of Sektor. But all of the rest of the leak is correct. Stages, story synopsis, dlc, roster, game modes.

And imagine you coming out of the woodwork and claiming that I am a fake leaker because I got Reiko wrong.

How do you think that would make you look to the community?

bitbydeath

No, it *really* isn't.

Imagine me leaking the roster of Mortal Kombat 12, including dlc and new characters, and the only mismatch I do is the actual roster having Reiko instead of Sektor. But all of the rest of the leak is correct. Stages, story synopsis, dlc, roster, game modes.

And imagine you coming out of the woodwork and claiming that I am a fake leaker because I got Reiko wrong.

How do you think that would make you look to the community?
Yeah, but in this comparison you’re just guessing Raiden, Scorpion and the other ones we all know.

AND to be even more apt, you’re not even guessing all the characters. At best you’re guessing 3-5. (There are hundreds more games in the making).

Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya and Reiko.
Yet even with such a small selection of known characters you still get one wrong.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

That’s not true, they’re some of the most obvious guesses on the entire list.

Where’s Bends new IP? What about Santa Monicas new IP? Sony London? Or even PixelOpus?

And that’s just a small handful of unknowns from Sonys camp, let alone everything else outside of it.

Last edited:

FireFly

Nor does you cherry pick quoting me.

The thread turning into PC vs. consoles is stupid. But focusing on that and ignoring responses to your on topic points, hardly makes it better.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Yeah, but in this comparison you’re just guessing Raiden, Scorpion and the other ones we all know.

AND to be even more apt, you’re not even guessing all the characters. At best you’re guessing 3-5. (There are hundreds more games in the making).

Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Sonya and Reiko.
Yet even with such a small selection of known characters you still get one wrong.
No, I haven't. I've leaked a large number of characters in the roster, every single announcement from NRS so far is a character from my list, and the ones that haven't been announced YET could still get announced later on.

I have yet to be PROVEN as fake, yet the OP claims I am fake because the rest of the characters have YET to be announced. Don't you see the fallacy here?

Relique

No, I haven't. I've leaked a large number of characters in the roster, every single announcement from NRS so far is a character from my list, and the ones that haven't been announced YET could still get announced later on.

I have yet to be PROVEN as fake, yet the OP claims I am fake because the rest of the characters have YET to be announced. Don't you see the fallacy here?
I am surprised you are still trying to convince this person. I mean what's ActRaiser is that a toothpaste? There is no way Square Enix is working on all that. Not even in the pre-dinosaur stage of development can they be working on 4 games, 3 of which are confirmed. They simply aren't big enough right now with the doubling of the size of the company in the last 3 years and all. This is all clearly a Gaffer's wishlist put on an internal Nvidia database for backup purposes.

ckaneo

That is how it works and what’s with the lack of new IP in the list? Why’s it always games we know about? A gaffer could have made this list.
The list has new stuff, its just that people gravitate to searchable names. Working titles and codenames are harder to identify but they are clearly there

ArtHands

That's just some of those people trying to cope and consider it a 'win' while still thinking their toy of choice still gives them bragging rights.

I didnt know that. That’s creepy to see denial and meltdowns just because console developers are releasing their games like Horizon Zero Dawn onto PC, and that PC players can enjoy games like God of War with higher end fidelity.

bitbydeath

The NVIDIA leak is tiny in comparison to what’s actually being made, it’s like an E3 list where people guess the titles of what will appear.

bitbydeath

The list has new stuff, its just that people gravitate to searchable names. Working titles and codenames are harder to identify but they are clearly there
The examples in the OP seem to be connected to already known titles.

Last edited:

Sentenza

The NVIDIA leak is tiny in comparison to what’s actually being made, it’s like an E3 list where people guess the titles of what will appear.
The more you talk about it, the more it gives the impression you didn't even read it and check how many titles have been confirmed SINCE it was leaked.

FrankWza

equally compares owning exclusive digitally delivered video games to owning Superman #1

Holy shit. Game Pass again!

Good to see Switch get a port. Best baseball game for eons.

Wow. MLB The Show 22! Just like last year. Why buy when you can just GP it.

To relieve their emotions, gamers on the brink, or already, of meltdown status write essays on something called "video game forums"

Symptoms

Anger, frothing mouth, depression, desire to write pages of text, corporate umbrella defending, equally compares owning exclusive digitally delivered video games to owning Superman #1

Diagnosis

Doctors describe it as irrational emotions in mind, and hyperspastic jerks in limbs when a person notices a cherished video game played on their shiny piece of plastic is acknowledged played on a different piece of plastic. Patients put their plastic box (a $400 console) which can be bought at Walmart and Gamestop on the same pedestal as mansions and Ferraris.

The patient does not even need proof with their own eyes of another person playing to feel miserable. Unknown users 10,000 miles away playing it (only identified as Steam page user count) from a log cabin via forestry wifi is still enough to trigger Platformphobia.

Similarly, a Wikipedia page saying a game is played on multiple platforms can also be enough to induce spastic convulsions.

Effective Treatment and Cures

To relieve their emotions, gamers on the brink, or already, of meltdown status write essays on something called "video game forums" which their anonymously written novels may be read by other users. The more random users agreeing with their view, the better they feel. The fewer users agreeing, the more depressed they get. Amazingly in this situation involving unknown users from the internet, agreement about exclusives are welcomed information.

Although unpredictable, video game companies clawing back multi-platform game releases so only their platform ends up with it is an extremely effective cure with a 100% effective rate in boosting morale.

Sales list wars. Monthly sales data released by market research companies can have a positive effect on patients. The higher the sales of their exclusive game, the better they feel. Even though most games (even the biggest sellers) may only sell to 10 or 20% of the user base, the patients feel great even though the likelihood of them owning and playing that game is low. So they enjoy seeing fellow ecosystem gamers playing that game, but do like seeing non-ecosystem gamers playing it.

Ineffective Treatment and Cures

Calmly speaking to patients stating more sales on different platforms means more money for their beloved game studio is not an effective treatment, despite it supporting their corporation support.

Additionally, stating more gamers playing the game helping boost online users to keep a game going on for years is not effective either. Even though their platform of choice is not unique or exclusive at all at 100,000,000 unit base, stating that having more users to add to their active user is not welcomed unless they are the 100,000,001 or 100,000,002 users to their ecosystem walled garden.

Graciaus

Last edited:
Top Bottom