• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prometheus (Alien 'prequel' movie) starts shooting March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emerging Space Jockey!

XH4TY.jpg

HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGN just.....finished..watching....

Holy shit, I haven't been this excited for a movie since I was a kid. Batman can go eat a sloppy dick.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!! So awesome.

SPACE JOCKEY!!!!

I thought this movie wouldn't have any relations besides thematically? Damn you Ridley for toying with my mind. :p

RaidenZR

Teaser was so excellent! And everything I was hoping for tonally and stylistically. I want this in my veins. Like, now!

I am officially ultra-stoked for this movie and wish it was out for Christmas.... sigh.

FStop7

Banned
It's funny how after so much rampant abuse and overuse of the xenomorph made it not scary any more... then I see this, and suddenly it's really scary again, even if it doesn't make an appearance.

inf3cti0n

Banned
Hello,

I will be there day one, but I bet we have to wait until the 2013 directors cut to see how the movie should have been. This PG13ification of the industry is sickening.

Robot Pants

It's funny how after so much rampant abuse and overuse of the xenomorph made it not scary any more... then I see this, and suddenly it's really scary again, even if it doesn't make an appearance.

I don't except a xenomorph to make an appearance in this one either. A face-hugger MAYBE... but even that I don't see happening.

Holy shit, this is not what I was expecting. I think I'm getting more enjoyment out of this and the hobbit trailer than I have from actual movies all year.

so the space jockey is not of alien origin then?
Yes, and it has been assumed they a relation with the Xenomorphs. The Jockey was first seen in Alien, so I'm out of my pants now over the appearance of the big guy in Prometheus. This might as well be confirmation it's an Alien prequel.

So wait, this has aliens in it? It's a prequel? that trailer confused me.
It's a prequel, essentially.

JB1981

Yes, and it has been assumed they a relation with the Xenomorphs. The Jockey was first seen in Alien, so I'm out of my pants now over the appearance of the big guy in Prometheus. This might as well be confirmation it's an Alien prequel.

It's a prequel, essentially.

its very odd because in a recent interview Scott said the film was NOT a prequel to Alien

nomis

This is the best trailer I've seen since the Star Trek 09 full trailer. That one was the best trailer I had ever seen at the time.

Blader

its very odd because in a recent interview Scott said the film was NOT a prequel to Alien

I think the confusion is coming from how it's being looked at as a prequel. It's set in the Alien universe and happens before Alien, so in that sense it's a prequel. But it's not a prequel in the sense that the ending of this movie is going to lead into Alien.

Allegedly.

Some people have assumed he is saying this to throw people off. Didn't he mention too that it's not a prequel in the sense that the characters don't really tie in to the Alien movies but that it takes place in the Alien universe? So their might be no mention of the Yutani corporation or any sightings of the Xenomorphs, but the stuff is there - the Space Jockey and his/her/it's ship and apparently something about "Alien DNA".

Edit: Also what Blader5489 said.

They're inside the room!
How could they cut the video? They're animals!

FStop7

Banned
I think the confusion is coming from how it's being looked at as a prequel. It's set in the Alien universe and happens before Alien, so in that sense it's a prequel. But it's not a prequel in the sense that the ending of this movie is going to lead into Alien.

Allegedly.

I think there's also a fair amount of misdirection happening in order to amp up the buzz and audience shock factor.

If you watch the Prometheus and Alien trailers back to back it's pretty clear what Prometheus is about.

I am seriously curious about what the fuck is up with that creepy face.

I have a theory...

It is a loving tribute to the engineer race's most cherished creation.... us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom