• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Arttemis

So, I'm guessing this means the JC3 season pass is even less likely to go on sale? I swear, the game/pass bundle has been on sale a dozen times but not the season pass.

Melchiah

Already have the PS4 titles in Just Cause 3 and Freedom Cry (JC3 still runs like turd on the base PS4, but Freedom Cry is a great standalone title for those whom missed out).

Downwell is a game i was looking at on the store, nice to see it appear on PS+

Does it work storywise, if you haven't played any other games in the series?

Griss

The reaction to this is totally not what I expected. Maybe a little, because people love that AAA, but I still expected a lot of complaining. However, if I didn't own most of these already I'd probably be pretty happy to get them.

I don't know how bad it is now, but I played some of JC3 around launch, and while it didn't run well, I certainly didn't find it unplayable. However, I probably made it less than halfway through the game due to finding it underwhelming compared to JC2, so I may not have seen the worst of it.

Downwell is great, and I played Super Motherload years ago and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Certain people always say "Even if you give big AAA games everyone will complain!" But threads like this have consistently shown that that's not the case. People just know what they want.

kiguel182

Doesn't Just Cause barely run on the base PS4? What a crappy month.

I'll try playing Downwell with a controller to see if I'm better at it.

*Splinter

Downwell, nice! Almost bought that a few times already.

Not sure if I'll bother with JC or AC, wish they'd consider the variety of games being offered a bit more (last month both the main titles were adventure games, this time they're both open world games. It's a minor complaint but just seems like poor planning tbh)

G-Bus

Banned
Nice. Never heard of that AC game. Haven't played one in a while so I'm stoked. JC3 should be fun.

I've never thought about renting a movie off PSN. Sounds like a good deal to me. 3 in there I'd like to see anyway.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wow I've been thinking of getting JC3 for ages. This makes that decision moot. I know the game has its issues but this month is pretty good in my mind.

Damn, I already played Freedom Cry as Black Flag DLC, but I guess I'll replay it for double trophies!

Just Cause 3 fps is worthless for non-Pro owners. Apparently it's playable on Pro Boost Mode though, enjoy if you have a Pro.

jmdajr

wow an AAA game...

and the greatness that is downwell

sickk

3UOSYjp.jpg

some amazing 99 cent rentals coming too

Hmmm. Good deal.

bronk

Banned
Eww horrible month for me. Count me as someone who enjoys all the months everyone cries about. Indie goodness. Downwell is freaking awesome though definitely download that.

Majora

One AAA game that's a technical mess and one AAA game that's a mediocre entry in a tired series and people are happy? Says a lot about people's priorities.

GHG

Are you sure this on ps3 ? Because first of all it shows all the xbox button prompts. And this happened to be the exact mission when i said fuck it because the framerate tanked to a 15fps unplayable mess. I feel pretty good saying this is running on PC.

FFS it was the first thing that came up when I searched ps4 gameplay.

Ignore me. Let's chalk that one up as #fakeNews

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
One AAA game that's a technical mess and one AAA game that's a mediocre entry in a tired series and people are happy? Says a lot about people's priorities.

I'm surprised you can hear anything anyone is saying from up there on your high horse.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Having paid $60 for it at launch, I really don't like JC3. It's ridiculous that the game is still in the state that it's in after all this time. I'd like to think the PS+ release would reinvigorate the support for the game, but I'm not holding my breath.

That said, performance aside and several aggravating design decisions aside, the game can be fun to mess around with. It's just such a sad sack of missed potential.

Freedom Cry is cool, though I wish they'd toss us AC4 proper. Borrowed it from a friend and I never finished it before he sold it.

Glad they're keeping up with higher budget titles. It's about time.

Worst month in a LOOONG time. Already have EVERY single game on that list. Worst month maybe ever, even if other people don't have the games and might get some enjoyment out of them. Why do I still subscribe to PS+? Sony get your shit together and start giving us some AAA titles. You think Just Cause 3 is triple A? It's frame rate barely hits DOUBLE frames. Also?! Downwell?!?! A GAMEMAKER GAME!? BAHAHAH. PS+ is a fraud.

ALL HAIL THE KING.

9459-.jpg

Super great month. Don't have a single game on that list! Thanks for that sick AAA goodness.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Worst month in a LOOONG time. Already have EVERY single game on that list. Worst month maybe ever, even if other people don't have the games and might get some enjoyment out of them. Why do I still subscribe to PS+? Sony get your shit together and start giving us some AAA titles. You think Just Cause 3 is triple A? It's frame rate barely hits DOUBLE frames. BAHAHAH. PS+ is a fraud.

ALL HAIL THE KING.

9459-.jpg

Super great month. Don't have a single game on that list! Thanks for that sick AAA goodness.

i was almost fooled because i didnt catch the spoiler tag

sublimit

Banned
Assassin's Creed and Just Cause make this a good month in terms that i would have never bought those games but i'm willing to try them for "free".

autoduelist

Its garbage. Im offended as a paying user ill get this shit game.

I cant believe people are happy with it. Guess they havent seen this shitshow.

https://youtu.be/lgtewCxSg6s

Can we all complain to Sony we dont want this pos?

Watched the vid. Still don't care. Still want it. Frame rate drops [even into the teens] don't make a game 'garbage' to me. I don't like it, I wish it wasn't so... but ultimately, it rarely deeply affects my experience. After watching those vids, I'm pretty sure I won't even notice it most of the time w/o the frame rate actually shown on the screen like in that vid.

Watched the vid. Still don't care. Still want it. Frame rate drops [even into the teens] don't make a game 'garbage' to me. I don't like it, I wish it wasn't so... but ultimately, it rarely deeply affects my experience. After watching those vids, I'm pretty sure I won't even notice it most of the time w/o the frame rate actually shown on the screen like in that vid.

A game that is focussed on action is not enjoyable if every time you blow shit up, the game goes into slow motion.

The video may not show it but the gameplay just turns to horrible shit at a certain point. It feels like you are shooting around in a slowmotion videogame.

But whatever, I'm sure you won't notice drops to 15fps *rolls eyes*.

...can I swap Just Cause 3 for something that isn't a giant pile of shit? I guess if people are fine playing headache-inducing technical disasters, it's a good month.

Top Bottom