• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Aw heck I don't care if it's such a sucky game, I have a Pro and I've been thinking of buying Just Cause 3 but now I get it free! I'm not complaining. Plus I also get Freedom Cry which was also on my list to get!

So I'm excited for both PS4 games. Downfall too!

Print_Dog

Great month for me! I have Freedom Cry already tho. Might replay it to get in on the conversations. As someone who just subbed again around E3, I've really been impressed.

vypek

hmm...so is just cause 3 on consoles mostly bad because of performance? or is it just a bad game in general?

I was really hyped for it and bought it on release at full price. I played through the game and saw noticeable technical issues. I was still able to push through and complete the game but I was really disappointed with some of the design decisions with the game (the challenges/mini-games). Combine that with the glitches I experience and the really bad story (JC2 was campy story-telling but still better than this) makes me feel like Just Cause 3 is a weak game in general.

I never went back to check if the loading, glitches, and physics of driving (especially motorcycles) had changed and been improved.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I was really hyped for it and bought it on release at full price. I played through the game and saw noticeable technical issues. I was still able to push through and complete the game but I was really disappointed with some of the design decisions with the game (the challenges/mini-games). Combine that with the glitches I experience and the really bad story (JC2 was campy story-telling but still better than this) makes me feel like Just Cause 3 is a weak game in general.

I never went back to check if the loading, glitches, and physics of driving (especially motorcycles) had changed and been improved.

bummer. at least it sounds like the pro boost mode helps the performance a bit. :\

Heroman

Banned
Cool lineup. This month has gone really fast.

Hopefully, JC3 isn't as unplayable as some people say it is.
giphy.gif

vypek

bummer. at least it sounds like the pro boost mode helps the performance a bit. :\

Its sort of free now so you might want to check it out anyways and see how you personally feel about it. You might have a different experience from me. Remember, I never went back after all the patches and DLC were added to see if things improved or not at least from a technical standpoint. You may end up enjoying it far more than me.

Fbh

Good month
I think Just cause 3 is decently playable on Ps4 pro right?.
Will try it out.

Also, regarding movies on PSN. Do you stream them or can you download them in blu Ray quality?

Well at least jc3 hasn't been 2$. Giving away the Telltale series, this late, feels like a slap in the face. Still would rather have a new 20$ indie game. Decent month.

Hexer06

Already have JC3 and don't really care about AC for now. Those movie rentals are awesome tho. I'll be renting 4 of the 6. :D

Haven't seen any of the big 3 yet! I'm ready for Kong.

Kong was surprisingly great. I really enjoyed it. Heck, I even liked Ghost in the Shell. There are moments in that movie that are legitimately great. Some scenes are very loyal to the first movie.

And if you have little daughters, they will freaking love Boss Baby. My girls watched that movie everyday for a solid week.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
hmm...so is just cause 3 on consoles mostly bad because of performance? or is it just a bad game in general?

It's a bit of both. They made some design choices that were one step forward, two steps back from JC2. Most bothersome is that you have to complete these annoying challenges like races to unlock many of Rico's abilities and their higher functions. Some vehicle handling (like motorcycles) is horrible. Combat was kind of downgraded (no on foot sprint or dodge roll, melee doesn't use the grappling hook, no asymmetrical dual wielding, no ducking, gun feel in general isn't much better than 2). I feel like there's some other stuff, but I haven't played it in a while and don't like to think about it very often.

Glix

For peeps not in the know, DOWNWELL is fucking amazing. One of my favorite games of the last few years. Bust out your arcade stick and go to town, folks.

HeeHo

Man, really happy they went with JC3. I've been wanting it but the performance issues scared me away. Hopefully boost mode will make most of the game a lot better.

Ponn

Banned
Huh, I'm more interested in the cheap movie rentals. I want to see Power Rangers, Kong and GiTS. I'm fully realizing two of those are bad but for 99 cents eh.

usp84

Nice about Freedom Cry!I finished Black Flag some time ago but didn't want to spend anything on DLC.

Just Cause 3is also pretty good although i don't see me playing it

Top Bottom