• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ August: Just Cause 3 and Assassin's Creed: Freedom Cry

Dumb question. I want to own JC3. I won't be able to buy it digitally after it goes free for Plus. But I want physical...as long as I do t "upgrade", and I stick to base version of both, the save data from digital works with physical, yes?

I swear I saw something recently where even that didn't work with a game..

Glad JC3 is free, even if it's performance is garbage it should give me an idea if I like the core game enough to get on PC eventually.

Can't believe how many people are excited for JC3. As someone who loved JC2 and bought JC3 practically Day 1 you are in for such a disappointment.

But hey, it's AAA and that's all that matters I guess.

Can't believe how many people are excited for JC3. As someone who loved JC2 and bout JC3 practically Day 1 you are in for such a disappointment.

But hey, it's AAA and that's all that matters I guess.

I'm really shocked at the amount of people happy that JC3 is on here. Isn't that game more or less unplayable on console?

Dumb question. I want to own JC3. I won't be able to buy it digitally after it goes free for Plus. But I want physical...as long as I do t "upgrade", and I stick to base version of both, the save data from digital works with physical, yes?

I swear I saw something recently where even that didn't work with a game..

Depends on the game. Witcher 3 physical and W3 digital saves dont match.

I'm really shocked at the amount of people happy that JC3 is on here. Isn't that game more or less unplayable on console?

It's legitimately the only game I've ever stopped playing because of performance issues. Like really, ever. I don't know how it runs on a Pro but on base PS4 it's horrific and it's actually gotten worse over time. I ended up asking PSN support for a refund because it was that bad (which was denied).

I also don't think the game is anywhere near as good a JC2 but that's more subjective. Performance wise it's just awful.

ZangBa

Just Cause 2 was one of the most boring games I've ever played in my life, so I'm not expecting much from 3. DLC for a game so old it's on the PS3, meh, no thanks.

Wow at Just Cause 3. Looking forward to trying it on the Pro. Hopefully it holds up.

Now I can forgive it for never being on sale on PSN. Its been on my wishlist since boost mode hit.

JC3 is totally playable on standard PS4. As usual the hyperbole is out of fucking control.

If by playable you mean 'this games run' then you are correct. Telling people how badly it runs isn't hyperbolic, and I'm honestly someone who generally doesn't care about performance issues if the game is good enough.

I played through the whole thing at launch without major issues so yes it's playable.

Ah so you didn't even bother watching the video.

K then.

I bought the game and sold it after two days because of the horrible performance. So no, there is no hyperbole.

giphy.gif

Why watch it when I played through the game?

To see that you're seemingly one of about 6 people on the planet who claim they didn't have any performance issues with JC3 so it's dumb of you to call everyone else hyperbolic for pointing out how bad it is.

UCBooties

JC3 was a disappointment to me because of some design decisions that I was not a fan of, and apparently the performance has taken a hit since I played it. But for a free title there is a lot of fun to be had in zipping around and blowing stuff up.

Why watch it when I played through the game?

Right, so don't even bother looking at the evidence of the game dropping to 1 frame per second.

Sorry bro, you are being ridiculous. How is it hyperbole if DF made plenty of videos showcasing how horrible this game runs?

Just because you personally don't want to acknowledge it, doesn't mean people with normal eyesight can act like there is nothing wrong with the game.

bombshell

I played through the whole thing at launch without major issues so yes it's playable.

Their patches trying to fix the in comparison minor framerate problems at launch made the framerate MUCH worse. Your early experience is useless now.

I too enjoyed and platinumed the game shortly after launch, but I'm not blind to the obvious problems subsequent patches caused.

Mifune

Mehmber
Their patches trying to fix the in comparison minor framerate problems at launch made the framerate MUCH worse. Your early experience is useless now.

I too enjoyed and platinumed the game shortly after launch, but I'm not blind to the obvious problems subsequent patches caused.

Fair enough about the patches. That's a shame.

Sounds like a good list of games. And I still have 1 hour of Logan left that I didn't finish when I was on my last flight so I might pay 0.99 to watch it.

GeoramA

Already own both JC3 and Freedom Cry...and still haven't even started them. Dammit lol.

Will try Downwell, heard great things.

Top Bottom