• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games For December (Kings Quest, Gauntlet, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, SSX)

WITHE1982

Great month for Vita owners. Freedom Wars is my #2 Vita game behind P4G and Rocketbirds is one I've been after a while.

PS4: Not too sure about as I know nothing about either title. Gauntlet looks like a poor man's Diablo but King's Quest looks a lot of fun.

PS3: Yey will finally get to play Blood Dragon. SSX just not for me unfortunately.

Overall a OK/good month but not as good as I expected it to be.

King's Quest is actually a very quality title and has great production values. The voice cast is amazing (and you'll recognize some of them from outside of video games right away), and it's pretty meaty for a single episode at 4-5 hours. I loved it when it first came out and I've been looking forward to the second episode. It also feels relatively "stand-alone" compared to a single TellTale episode so you aren't feeling as much like you only played 20% of a game.

TL;DR - King's Quest is a bit of a hidden gem this month. Don't overlook it!

Also Blood Dragon and SSX might get me to hook up my PS3 again for a bit, and Freedom Wars is making me glad I just picked up a PSTV for $20.

Overall, not the best month this year, but I'm happy with it as there is some very quality stuff and I am very happy more people will get exposed to King's Quest, which hopefully means Episode 2 is close to release.

Kings Quest is ok. Don't really care for Gauntlet. Dont have a PS3 or Vita. Guess they don't need an eye catcher as a freebie since everyone needs PSplus for CoD and Battlefield.

BadHand

King's Quest Episode 1 would have almost certainly become free at some point anyway, PS+ or not.

It's very common very the first part of an episodic adventure (Telltale anyway) to become the demo for the season pass.

kiguel182

Actually, my Plus sub is running out and I might wait until January to renew since I really don't feel like spending the money.

It all depends on if I can live without playing Destiny for a while.

I wanted to try Kings Quest, but it just seems really shitty to give away a single episode. Typically Telltale makes the first episode free to everyone once the season is complete.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Gauntlet is a great deal of fun, with friends. SSX is a game I've wanted to try since its been too long I've played a snowboard game. King's Quest(ion) looks like fun. Far Cry 3 is borderline unplayable on PS3 so I doubt I'll put in the effort to replay Blood Dragon (buy it on PC of you like it). Freedom Wars is another reason I should buy a Vita. All in all a really good month.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Fucking A!

SSX and Gauntlet are two games I've been eyeing since forever but haven't pulled the trigger on.

Freedom Wars and Blood Dragon are both awesome games, too.

Only the first chapter of King's Quest, though? Fuck that noise.

Things are going from bad to sad. Now we're getting parts of the game. Down this path, we are getting Knack next month, but only the first 3 levels.

So the definitive edition of Knack?

I mean, the shorter your time with Knack, the better.

WITHE1982

I wanted to try Kings Quest, but it just seems really shitty to give away a single episode. Typically Telltale makes the first episode free to everyone once the season is complete.

Similar situation last month in making TWD episode 2 the free game knowing a lot of people will then buy episode 1 (like me unfortunately).

I suppose it'll be nice to try before I buy on the rest of King's Quest though.

People don't mistake an episode of Kings Quest to a TellTale game. It's much bigger than that.

Good to know thanks. Roughly how long is it?

L.O.R.D

Freedom Wars is good , how ever i got it for $4.75 several months ago

other then that , bad month
i expected December will get an AAA game ,

Raxus

Great PS3 month and terrible PS4 month. Gauntlet isn't so bad at least, just very basic.

I hope we get an SSX sequel.

Raw64life

A new Gauntlet game came out this year. Who knew?

And I guess Freedom Wars looks decent enough for me to wipe the dust off my Vita.

I was disappointed in the new SSX, and I've since sold it. I'm going to give it another shot on PS+. Is Mt. Eddie, or whatever the DLC was, any good? It'll be a nice time just because there's no snowboarding games any more (maybe SNOW will add snowboards some time this decade?).

Heyyy, glad I didn't pull the trigger on Gauntlet with my PSN credit! (ended up getting The Crew: Wild Run!).

Hopefully the Vita TV with "hack" or "workaround" means I'll be able to play these as well...

Kill3r7

Freedom Wars for me. The PS4 offerings really leave a lot to be desired. Already own the PS3 games.

Here's hoping 2016 will be a better year.

derExperte

Was close to buying SSX for 5€ last week, nice. And KQ is something I was planning to buy on PC so this saves me money, okay-ish month compared to the last few.

Nestunt

not great, especially for December when a lot of people subscribe

maybe that's the reason, they will get the users no matter what

thenexus6

No, we figured they'd give us a game that's actually finished, instead of the start of an ongoing episodic game.

True, but give away the first chapter on PS+. People get interested and notice the second chapter is released in December and might pay for that.

Skeff

Doesn't really catch my interest this month but I'll give the ps4 games a go. I may be pleasantly surprised

Top Bottom