• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ September: Journey, Lords of the Fallen, Prince of Persia

bebop242

Lords of the Fallen has always been a game that I always wanted to try out but never spend money on it. So it works for me!

Still 60 dollars tho.

Be honest... Did you EVER pay 49.99 for PS+ before? And if not, why are you complaining about 60 dollars when you are likely to find it on sale for around 40?

Shouldn't you be complaining that your otherwise 30-35 dollar sales are now going to be 40-45?

Also... 10 dollars. You will have to settle for 10 fewer jr bacon cheeseburgers off the dollar menu. Adulting is rough.

I'm happy about Journey, because I still haven't played it, but the others aren't all that interesting. Datura seems like it could be okay, but is Move only?

BTA

Journey's nice since I have the physical copy and can show it to friends on my PS4 now. And I'm already playing through Amnesia, but it's cool to see a VN being given out.

The others seem ok but Badland's really ehhh. I played through some on my phone, and it just seemed overly simple and not very fun.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if Lords of the Fallen was patched to be better optimized? Last time I saw footage of it was when the game launched and it looked rough.

Mr Rivuz

LOTF always looked kinda bad, not worth my time. Especially on a console with DaS 2 and 3, and Bloodborne, and soon Nioh.
I'm happy for journey though, never played it yet.

Oneself

Anyone know if Lords of the Fallen was patched to be better optimized? Last time I saw footage of it was when the game launched and it looked rough.
It's pretty decent and it looks surprisingly good. And it does one thing better than Bloodborne: they've patched in a CA on/off option in the menu! (and framepacing is rightl.

Boss Mog

Honestly with the increase in price of $10 I expected a lot from this month to make the pil easier to swallow but I'm not impressed at all.

Vita is all but dead so I would love to see some quality Vita games offered. As for PS4, now would've been a good time to throw us Watch_Dogs with the sequel coming out soon. Lords of the Fallen looks like garbage from what I've seen.

Snaku

Banned
Boss★Moogle;215579364 said:
Honestly with the increase in price of $10 I expected a lot from this month to make the pil easier to swallow but I'm not impressed at all.

Vita is all but dead so I would love to see some quality Vita games offered. As for PS4, now would've been a good time to throw us Watch_Dogs with the sequel coming out soon. Lords of the Fallen looks like garbage from what I've seen.

Sony's PS+ offerings since the launch of the PS4 have just been embarrassing. I too was expecting a bit more from them with the price hike this month, but I honestly don't know why. Sony gonna Sony I guess.

GwG is just killing it, especially with the 360 bc games.

The Best month since I started using PSN Plus. Now if only Sony allowed to play PS3 games on PS4 (just like Microsoft allow Xbox 360 retro compatibilty on Xbox One) and not be forced to buy their remastered editions or subsribe to PS Now. And to not forget to play PS1 games since the PS4 is the only PlayStation that can't play them.

I hope they announce that on the PS Meeting (at least for Neo if they want to push more people to get it).

Toki767

Sony's PS+ offerings since the launch of the PS4 have just been embarrassing. I too was expecting a bit more from them with the price hike this month, but I honestly don't know why. Sony gonna Sony I guess.

As much as I liked Mirror's Edge, an 8 year old game is hardly what I would call killing it.

Journey is a great experience. I dont think I will ever play it again but I am happy more will.

Lords of the Fallen would have been a terrible PS+ game during the PS3 era but right now ts totally a step up from previous PS4 offerings. I think I will give the game another shot now.

weekev

Banned

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I've been loving the output from PS+

I totally acknowledge that this is personal opinion, but it's pretty scary still: there hasn't been a single PS+ game I've played all the way through and enjoyed in ALL of 2016. The games have just been duds for me. Zombi was the one I enjoyed most but I still quit halfway through because I found it became frustrating. I was looking forward to trying Gat out of Hell, but thought it was awful. Journey for next month is a great game but it's SO old and I've already played it.

By contrast, there are many games from 2014 and 2015 that I finished and considered worthwhile: Resogun, Outlast, Infamous First Light, Guacamelee, Counterspy, Valiant Hearts, Stick it to the Man, Rocket League, etc.

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks PS+ on PS4 has actually gotten worse this year?? Ahhhh.

How about any of the following?
SOMA, Rayman Legends, Child of Light, Zombie Vikings, Until Dawn, Killzone, The Order 1886, Shadow of Mordor, Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, God of War 3 Remastered, etc.

G-Bus

Banned
Yes. Been holding out on buying journey for a while now. Really want to see what it's all about but could tell its something that may not jive with me. Excited!

Had to look up lords of the fallen. Couldn't remember it at all.

One of the best ps+ months so far for me. Damn good.

Lt.Chips

I stopped subscribing to PS Plus over a year ago now and have no regrets about it still, but this month's offering is definitely solid.

Still no Knack though!

bones123

Man. Lords of the Fallen is just awful. It's truly the worst current gen game I've played. Probably of recent memory, too, it's just abysmal. And I bought it in the recent sale, too.

The gameplay is SO slow and unresponsive. The characters control like if the Fatty from Dark Souls wielding a Kirkhammer two-handed and Marcus Fenix from Gears of War had made a child, and if all of their limbs were removed. It's seriously the worst.

it isn't the best giveaway cause a lot of people already own or played journey. Decently getting old now.

Maybe I don't own Prince and that will be ok to try. Maybe I would feel good about it if I didn't own it I admit.

Still waiting for more ps4 AAA games to take up one of the slots more normally though.

Seems like they are being cautions in doing it more often for some reason. Maybe next year will get more of that, for sure in two years?

PS3 use to kill it with ps3 titles month after month

PS3 use to kill it with ps3 titles month after month

Well, since online play on PS3, PSP, and Vita is free, Sony had to give consumers an incentive to subscribe.

Their PS+ strategy was brilliant and should have been seen coming from a mile away. Once they conditioned users to pony up $50 per year for the service, it was easy to transition it to an Xbox Live-type model. And now that you're locked in to paying for online play, they have far less of a reason to entice you with free software. And even less so now that they're the market leader.

Top Bottom