• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ September: Journey, Lords of the Fallen, Prince of Persia

Ludens

Banned
That's alright I guess. Already got Lords of the fallen and journey though. Vita VN is nice though I have that on PC too. Lol this whole month I basically own.

Really wish it was the PoP HD collection got PS3. That wouldve made the month for me.

POP HD Collection is garbage. It's broken, a lot of crashes, artifacts, cracking sounds, why do you want that?

Ivellios

This is actually a good month, it will be good to play Journey now with more people playing it since coop seems a very important part of the game, and Lords of the Fallen i read everywhere that is very bad, but im gonna try it anyway

What exactly is so bad about it?
The game has many many flaws. From being a technical mess and having awful (sometimes even game breaking) bugs to uninteresting story and boring characters.

But by far the worst part of the game is its combat, though. It just has so many problems. I mean, I could live with bad encounter designs, boring and repetitive environments, uninteresting enemies and even down right awful bosses, but God how the hell am I supposed to enjoy this thing when hitboxes are all over the place?!

You evade an attack completely, it's so obvious you are like two feet away from that dude's sword when his swing passes you by, but oh don't worry, the game just magically teleports you back so you could get hit. Oh, you managed to get around that enemy's shield and attack him? Congrats, now let me count that as a repelled attack cause that clearly hit the shield, even though you were attacking him from behind.

Sigh... I can keep going on if you want but honestly just thinking about it makes me annoyed all over again
(I can't believe I actually finished this garbage. Why did I even do that to myself?!)
and I think you got the picture.

Be honest... Did you EVER pay 49.99 for PS+ before? And if not, why are you complaining about 60 dollars when you are likely to find it on sale for around 40?

Shouldn't you be complaining that your otherwise 30-35 dollar sales are now going to be 40-45?

Also... 10 dollars. You will have to settle for 10 fewer jr bacon cheeseburgers off the dollar menu. Adulting is rough.

There are nearly no sales for European PS+ ever. The only sale that ever regularly happens in Finland is 15% off (€42.50), and requires the purchase of a €100 loyalty card to one of our store chains.

I know the price hike didn't happen in Europe... yet. I'm sure it will. Sony's country lock makes sure that there will be no discounts.

I am really considering getting a Plus subscription for the first time after PS3 days. What a shame I missed Yakuza 5 because I have sold my PS3

Excellent selection. Looking forward to Lords of the Fallen, Journey, Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands, and Amnesia: Reverse Harem based on the Manga of the same name (kinda liked the anime).

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The Forgotten Sands lives up to it's name. Great platformer, glad to see it appear in PS+.

Decent month overall but not that much for me personally. Played Journey like three times, those experiencing it now are in for a real treat.

Lords of the Fallen might be something I fire up on a rainy boring Sunday.
Vita games are ok, PoP is an alright get.

Gaz_RB

Prince of Persia is one of my favorite games ever. Fed play that if you pick it up with PS+

Edit: never mind, not the Prince of Persia I thought.

autoduelist

What good is $1,000 worth of games that you have no interest in 95% of the time?

ummm... 95% of $1000 is $50. So with that [admittedly simplistic] math you'd be getting good value out of PS+ if you only liked 5% of games, since you'd likely also be taking advantage of online and various discounts.

I probably save more than $50 a year in ps+ discounts alone. I easily save another $50 in games that I would have bought [either full price or on sale] that I no longer have to.

bombshell

They are marked as FREE on the Plus page but when I put them in the basked I need to pay. They will probably still need to finalize the process.

Probably still rolling out in your region, because I had started the free download of LotF before making my post.

WITHE1982

They are marked as FREE on the Plus page but when I put them in the basked I need to pay. They will probably still need to finalize the process.

Slowly changing to free here in the UK. Just waiting on Amnesia Memories to update now.

Looking forward to dusting off the PS3 this month to play Datura. I'd never heard of it but it's certainly intrigued me.

Is Tom Clancys Endwar meant to be free too? Its listed under the monthly games as one of the free games meaning there is a total of 7 games this month.

Vitten

Good month I guess: a superior quality indie game and a 'real' game that had a high retail price on release to keep the naysayers happy who always complain PS+ only has indies.

N30RYU

Is Tom Clancys Endwar meant to be free too? Its listed under the monthly games as one of the free games meaning there is a total of 7 games this month.
endwar was free since last month in Eu. cause they ofered an already PS+ game and changed it for endwar

watdaeff4

Solid month. While I personally have all the offerings for PS4, but still great for people who haven't played Journey.

The Vita selections I will need to try out.....

danowat

Banned
Is lords of the fallen good?

Some feedback Would be appreciated

In short, it's Dark Souls lite.

It's probably not a completely fair comparison, but it's clear to see the influence, it's a bit janky though, and not as slick as DS in terms of movement and combat.

Give it a shot, it's worth a play.

Piccoro

Looking forward to dusting off the PS3 this month to play Datura. I'd never heard of it but it's certainly intrigued me.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Datura. I'm gonna try it with my old Move controllers.

Do you need the PS camera for Datura, or can you use just the Move? I don't feel like plugging in the PS3 camera...

WITHE1982

Oh yeah, I forgot about Datura. I'm gonna try it with my old Move controllers.

Do you need the PS camera for Datura, or can you use just the Move? I don't feel like plugging in the PS3 camera...

I've no idea TBH. I've got my ps camera set up already for the umbrella chronicles/house of the dead/dead space with my sharpshooter.

There's a great video by iWaggleVR on playing Datura using the move here

Top Bottom