• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

Sounds like Colin will be there to record his final podcast(s) on Tuesday (they talked about it on The Morning Show). I think he might be also there for the Morning Show, because they were talking about doing the rooftop grill on with him, despite the fact it will be Tuesday and not Thursday (Greg's not going to be there next Thursday, apparently).

Heard this thread called out in Colin's Joe Rogan appearance, rightfully so. It is still beyond me (hah), why mods let this unproductive bashing over a relatively harmless joke go on for so long (50+ pages).

RIP PS I love you. The show had weaknesses, but overall it was entertaining and I kinda miss it.

sora87

Heard this thread called out in Colin's Joe Rogan appearance, rightfully so. It is still beyond me (hah), why mods let this unproductive bashing over a relatively harmless joke go on for so long (50+ pages).

RIP PS I love you. The show had weaknesses, but overall it was entertaining and I kinda miss it.

Well, wasn't about the actual joke for the most part

chekhonte

Well shucks. I'm sad to hear that they might cancel this podcast. Was colin such an integral part of the IGN/Kinda Funny playstation podcast that he's irreplaceable in the minds of the listeners?

For me it'll take a couple of months but I imagine if the new cohost can manage to find their place, I could get used to it.

Bolivar687

Banned
Well shucks. I'm sad to hear that they might cancel this podcast. Was colin such an integral part of the IGN/Kinda Funny playstation podcast that he's irreplaceable in the minds of the listeners?

For me it'll take a couple of months but I imagine if the new cohost can manage to find their place, I could get used to it.

Not sure, seems like Colin was more PlayStation focused than Greg so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the bigger driver behind it.

I'm really glad he's doing well though.

Fjordson

Another example of Colin's rabid cult completely missing the point.

PS I Love you is better left dead at this point. Was good in the beginning, but Colin became insufferable. Good riddance.

Another example of Colin's rabid cult completely missing the point.

PS I Love you is better left dead at this point. Was good in the beginning, but Colin became insufferable. Good riddance.

Seriously? You're calling me part of a rabid cult for that post where I'm even pointing out that the show had flaws?

What is rabid is the 50 (or 100? 150?) pages of attack on Colin in this thread. Truly a disproportionate response to minor deviations from liberal dogma. Yet you guys should be happy, you won, Colin has left the games industry.

It might turn out a Pyrrhic victory though, as by bullying him out you handed him a gigantic megaphone for his wider political opinions.

Seriously? You're calling me part of a rabid cult for that post where I'm even pointing out that the show had flaws?

What is rabid is the 50 (or 100? 150?) pages of attack on Colin in this thread. Truly a disproportionate response to minor deviations from liberal dogma. Yet you guys should be happy, you won, Colin has left the games industry.

It might turn out a Pyrrhic victory though, as by bullying him out you handed him a gigantic megaphone for his wider political opinions.

You seem pretty uninformed about the whole affair. It was a "last straw" sort of thing, with him continually poking the bear with his inane comments that he knew would cause the reaction that it did. Besides, if you actually believe that anyone bullied him out of the games industry... The guy's been pretty checked out in general regarding anything gaming. I'm sure he's been contemplating this move for a long while, and that this was his excuse to up and leave.

Fjordson

Nah, couldn't care less about him preaching to his weirdo crowd. It's now super easy to not ever watch his YouTube videos and I don't have to hear him talk about games anymore. Huge win.

You seem pretty uninformed about the whole affair. It was a "last straw" sort of thing, with him continually poking the bear with his inane comments that he knew would cause the reaction that it did. Besides, if you actually believe that anyone bullied him out of the games industry... The guy's been pretty checked out in general regarding anything gaming. I'm sure he's been contemplating this move for a long while, and that this was his excuse to up and leave.

I'm informed alright, I just don't mind having people around with whom I disagree or who occasionally say stupid shit as long as they're mostly interesting overall. About the bullying - he mentioned that he read this entire thread. That together with Twitter probably would have made many people quit.

Mod should just close the thread at this point

I guess I have to agree.

chekhonte

Not sure, seems like Colin was more PlayStation focused than Greg so I wouldn't be surprised if he was the bigger driver behind it.

I'm really glad he's doing well though.

I wonder how long those patreon subs will last though. I worry that in order to keep them he'll have to pander to these people and dig himself deeper into the hole he's in by continuing to create controversy.

I tend to be pessimistic so it probably won't be the case.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
News flash: Colin fan equates people calling him out on his shit with bullying and calls them out for being "rabid" while ignoring the actual harassment that happens from that very fanbase. xD He also of course assures us that he's very informed about all of that to confirm basically what every decent person has already been thinking.

Let's all meet in the middle for charades because both sides in this are wrong/s lmao.

In all seriousness because I can only assume by now that this crowd is actually that stupid so I'll spell it out for people like that:
Nothing we the "bullies"(lol) ever did comes even fucking close to people sending dick pics and harassment messages to other people in the name of Colin and who knows what fucking else they also waste their time on in their sad lives.
What happened is we called him out on his fucking shit we god called humorless sacks of shit for it and we only practically said fuck off with your garbage after that.
If that's bullying you gotta wonder who the real sensitive wussies are, don't dish out if you can't take it.

This isn't even an argument just restating the simple facts.

I wonder how long those patreon subs will last though. I worry that in order to keep them he'll have to pander to these people and dig himself deeper into the hole he's in by continuing to create controversy.

I tend to be pessimistic so it probably won't be the case.

He's absolutely already starting to do that by pretending that all Palmer Lucky did was "vote for trump" he's a pot stirrer now, and he has to be. It's sad because I still like him. I have many conservative friends like him, but I fear for the path he's headed down

Jebusman

Banned
It is still beyond me (hah), why mods let this unproductive bashing over a relatively harmless joke go on for so long (50+ pages).

I mean you can PM the mods right now and ask for an explanation.

Even if they explained it to you in painstaking detail on why A. it was left open, B. it wasn't "unproductive bashing" and C. it wasn't even about the joke, I'm 100% positive you wouldn't accept their reasoning.

So... any word on whether this podcast will return? I honestly never saw Colin as irreplaceable. Bring on a a rotating second chair, drop "The Drop" and "Trophy Time" and we're there.

Kind of sucks we don't have this podcast anymore, I don't think anyone else would really work well.

You need someone that is kind of a dick/blunt/fan boy but not afraid to call Sony on their questionable moves.

That person can not be another super energetic person like Greg (which eliminates Tim)

This show worked because Greg was Greg and Colin was Colin. They were the odd couple and it was lightning in a bottle. Trying to replicate it will only hurt it.

Kill the show, come up with a new show and title. Forget the Baker's dozen and the roper report. That's over, those days are done. It's time to move forward for a new beginning and a new vision for a PlayStation centric show.

JoeNut

Not enjoying any other gaming podcast like this one, ive tried a fair few now, waypoint, giant bomb, player one, one or two others too i think. None are any good for me

I really miss this podcast. Gaming podcasts in general are informative but often not very entertaining. I actually enjoyed this one outside of it being game related.

Not enjoying any other gaming podcast like this one, ive tried a fair few now, waypoint, giant bomb, player one, one or two others too i think. None are any good for me

I started listening to player one because of this and I am enjoying it, but I still need that PlayStation fix.

plidex

I unsubscribed from KF like two months ago, haven't missed them once, EZA has been awesome.

I'm actually happy that Colin is leaving the gaming media, he was a toxic voice. I'm happy that Greg finally said "enough" and voiced his disagreement with Colin's attitudes.

As a final word on the matter, it's clear that he will never understand why people bash him and dislike him.

RedAssedApe

Banned
trim the fat...get a weekly guest host (i liked andrea on the morning show)

i guess the problem is some of the coverage is starting to overlap since the big news would already be old? which was already kind of problem with roper's report

Greg said on the Gamespot Mass Effect stream (near the end) there will be one last episode at least, i expect either before Colin leaves for LA or maybe part of KFL3 (possibly day 2 VIP only bit), or maybe Shu reached out and wants to do the final episode is a massive fan, something is in the works from the sounds of it, I really miss it but a lot of that is things like Colin taking the piss out of the drop writing etc, so not sure they could bring it back with another person or a rotating chair and it be the same, is difficult as others say it is the opposites of Colin and Greg that worked so well unless they could get Tim Schafer who was a great foil to Greg on the morning show yesterday, need someone like that for it to work i think and needs to be someone really knowledgable. I expect the long term plan depends on the 4th host they bring in. Can't wait to be front row at KFL3 to see what the future holds.

On the plus side if Colin does not come to KFL3 that likely means his girlfriend Erin won't be there so wont get my KFL2 band cut off, she wants it dead big time :) But will miss her amazing hugs and the kindness her and Colin (+ mum) showed me.

elchebib

While looking around the web for a playstation podcast, I stumbled upon a podcast called Triangle Squared

Its by 2 dudes who talk everything playstation: big and small news. I listened to the first episodes and they read through the week's news and comment on them and any related experience they had with the games.

Personally, I always wanted something akin to PSILY in the news department and these guys seem to have fulfilled that role.

They are still new in the business (3 podcasts published so far) but I liked the first one a lot.

Give it a shot

Skeeter49

If Greg continues and finds someone for PSILY, the week before E3 might be a good time to ease back into the podcast.
E3 predictions would be a good way to gauge their chemistry together, assuming they still do those.

Been listening to these while at the gym, at the pros and deficients of Neo, with Vince. I liked that he called Colin out about The Order. The only pain is the talk about the Neo and TLG, those parts are hard to listen to but everything else has been fine so far. Every now and then Colin says something controversial for the sake of being controversial, also annoying.

It's funny. The main reason I don't want the podcast to be canceled is because of how pitch perfect the name is (as well as the logo they created for it). That's too good to just throw away!

Damnit. As much as I like the gamescast, I prefer the format of this show much, much better. I really hope they do something similar, perhaps rotate the subject from Sony to Nintendo to MS, etc

newjeruse

Damnit. As much as I like the gamescast, I prefer the format of this show much, much better. I really hope they do something similar, perhaps rotate the subject from Sony to Nintendo to MS, etc
Hm, the format of the show was the worst part to me. Show could have been great, but it got dragged down with new release and trophy segments. The format should have been a rotating 3rd chair and three new topics per week.

paulogy

#RIPPSILoveYouXOXO

While I'm sad to see it go, it's a good idea for a final show. Nice way to bring it full-circle :)

I'm thinking their new format could be a versus series, where they have two experts go head to head on a series of topics and debate (or agree) on what they think, in detail. Although I have a feeling it won't be a PlayStation-centric show and might be more encompassing, for better or worse.

Hm, the format of the show was the worst part to me. Show could have been great, but it got dragged down with new release and trophy segments. The format should have been a rotating 3rd chair and three new topics per week.

i didn't necessarily like new releases and trophy segments, but the others were pretty great. i don't like the idea of just 3 new topics. that's pretty much what the gamescast is now

Anyone looking for a similarish show thearcticsloth does a show call The Playstation Report pretty much has the same format on his channel under his real name
Franklin Sizemore. Worth a watch and a Kinda funny best friend too plus a super nice dude was really helpful at kfl2.

Sounds like the final episode is happening this week. On the KFMS, it sounded like Greg either said Jeremy Dunham was coming in to record it tomorrow (or maybe it was today, I can't remember). Either way, an era is officially ending this week.

Top Bottom