• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ in 2016: Your Thoughts

Intel_89

I barely play online but I'm satisfied with the games they've been offering. I have one more year before it expires but I'll most likely end up re-subscribing.

xzoowy

I let mine expire. I prefer to purchase/own my indie games on steam sales or humble bundles. Don't care much about multiplayer gaming.

LordOfChaos

I gave Bro Force some time and...That's about it from the free games. So it was a begrudged purchase for online play for me. Got two years before the price hike. Not sure if I'd renew after that. 70 dollars in Canada is a bit much and I'd probably just put that towards a PC or new console at the end of the PS4s life.

Darksheik

I have to admit I did not renew my subscription this year after it expired like in March.
I actually purchased one month of PS+ (worth 2 months of games) I believe in September in order to get Journey.
The games offered are not really in line with my expectations so for now I don't plan on subscribing again.

meistaheinz

Neo Member
I had to resubscribe 2 days ago:
Below 40€ (a little bit more than 3 bucks/month) nets you 6 games you can't choose + multiplayer-services.
As i have all 3 systems (but barely play anymore on PS3, Vita gets a lot of love) it's a great deal, but i can understand people which only have a ps4 to wish for an multiplayer-only option.

How much should Sony charge for this? If it's just barely below 3bucks nearly everyone would go for the games-included option. If it's way more cheaper sony wouldn't earn enough to keep the servers running for multiplayer.

Maybe someone should ask Pachter how much Sony pays for these games, i'd be surprised if they'd pay more than 1$/€/GBP per subscriber/month.

MS did a good job by giving away Full Xbox360-Games (mostly worth basically nothing) with the emulation-technology to play them on XBone. Perception is 4 full games per month.

RulkezX

I dont think the service itself has really improved. Download speeds are still a lottery , the games aren't generally the kind I'd like to play to the point I generally don't even bother 'purchasing' them.

If happily just make do with the equally average old free online PSN.

Epcott

I'd rather they give us slightly old AAA games instead of polarizing indies, or offer a cheaper PS+ minus the games and just the multiplayer access.

I bought my subscription on September, and I'm glad I bought it. I didn't really expect AAA games each month or anything like that, but "small" games that I've wanted to play for quite a while but don't really want to buy, such as Day of the Tentacle, Transformers, REmake, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Titan Souls, some surprises like Tricky Towers (my go-to game while downloading other games) plus some PS3 games here and there AND several discounts on games I wouldn't have bought without the discount.

I'm going to renew it this year, unless online services miraculously become free.

DeviantBoi

I added all of them to my account but downloaded none and played none.

If it weren't needed for multiplayer on the PS4, I would have probably passed on it until it started getting good like it once did.

Not worth the price hike. BUT, there were still some great/decent games out of it. One of my favorite games of the year, Furi. I would of never even known about this game if it wasn't for ps+

Novocaine

Tricky Towers is the only game I got any real enjoyment out of. Already owned a few games that were given out like TFD and Galak Z. I will not be renewing when my subscription lapses in March.

Klart

I liked & played quite a bit of

Broforce
The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Furi
Helldivers
Nom Nom Galaxy
Tricky Towers
Tropico 5

Still have to try the latest offerings though.

I'm quite pleased with Plus. I don't understand all the fuss. You pay less than the price of an AAA-game & you get heaps of games in return.

Jingo

Ps plus has an effect on me, i no longer buy 10/20 euro games anymore cause im afraid they will end up on plus eventually, its bad cause im not playing what i want right away, but on bright side i didnt spent extra money on:

Everybodys gone to the rapture
Grim fandango( never gonna buy double fine games, they all end up on plus)
Broken age
This war of mine
Etc etc

Overall i dont think its a bad service, i just think the service needed a new face, - new look, cause people tend to associayte plus with great games , AAA ones from the ps3 era and that is no longer the case.

Like i once said in a post, there should be teo options like:

Price to just play online - ex: 35 euros
Price for online + plus- 50 euros

I know that would seem bad to charge just for the online, but at least people have an option.

Netflix used to have 4k free and know they are charging an extra for it.

Top Bottom