• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus May 2017 ( Tales from the Borderlands and ABZU)

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Ill see about borderlands, people saying it is the best but I wish it was the wolf among us instead. But I will try it out.

Tales from the Borderlands is the best TT game to date.

Wolf Among Us was much better imo (edit ayy lmao^^^)

also I can't help but laugh at the US PS4 video

"whether you wanna kick things in to high gear or take it slow we've got you covered"

one is a movie game and the other is an underwater indie artsy exploration game, neither is high gear

Wolf Among Us was much better imo (edit ayy lmao^^^)

also I can't help but laugh at the US PS4 video

"whether you wanna kick things in to high gear or take it slow we've got you covered"

one is a movie game and the other is an underwater indie artsy exploration game, neither is high gear
Would make more sense with Alienation and Abzu. Alienation is frantic personified and Abzu is a calm underwater stroll.

th4tguy

I've already got both Abzu and Tales from Borderlands. The other games look pretty meh for my tastes. I think I'll use this time to chip away at my back catalog.

also both of the cross-buy games look lame and those can sometimes be the saving grace, type:rider also came out on mobile in 2013...

Agent X

I already own two of the six games being offered for May.

One of them is Tales from the Borderlands, which I purchased over a year ago, but still haven't played yet. Perhaps it's high time I finally dive in.

The other is Type:Rider, which I bought 2 or 3 months ago. Ironically enough, I just reached the end of the game on Vita a few hours ago. I still need to go back and collect more items to get some of the other trophies, though.

While much has been said about Tales from the Borderlands, I figure Type:Rider is a lesser-known game around here, so I'll describe it a bit now.

Type:Rider is platform game where you control a colon (the punctuation symbol, that is) that travels through several levels, each based on a different font. The levels are comprised of characters from the featured font, along with some other imagery from the time period represented by the font. You collect each of the alphabet characters, as well as ampersands and asterisks. When you collect an asterisk, you reveal a page that describes some history of typography. It's not an especially lengthy or challenging game, but it is fun to play through to admire the artistic design and learn about fonts and typography along the way.

also it's annoying that Sony is still terrible with advertising the cross-buy games on PS4

I completely forgot about this month's and they're not in the PS plus tab or even when you click on free games to play

I had to search what the free games for the month were on my browser and then search for the games themselves on my ps4

and these are the lesser known games too

why

also it's annoying that Sony is still terrible with advertising the cross-buy games on PS4

I completely forgot about this month's and they're not in the PS plus tab or even when you click on free games to play

I had to search what the free games for the month were on my browser and then search for the games themselves on my ps4

and these are the lesser known games too

why

Use the webstore, all games are on one page

psyfi

Banned
I'm stoked about Abzu! I've been wanting to play it.

Is Tales from the Borderlands any good if I find Borderlands characters annoying?

Already have two of the only PS4 games I would ever care about. Underwhelming for me, unfortunately. Tales and Borderlands and ABZU are great titles tho for those who haven't tried them out yet.

Harmen

I wanted ABZU but I am EU, oh well. I already own TotBL, which is a good game btw.

I don't know Alienation but it looks like another top down shooter? I didn't really like the other ones I got from PSplus over the years. But people seem to like it.

I'm stoked about Abzu! I've been wanting to play it.

Is Tales from the Borderlands any good if I find Borderlands characters annoying?

Borderlands 2 did nothing for me and made my eyes roll all the time. TotBL obviously shares it's universe, artstyle, and overall tone but it is just done way, way better, I personally really liked it. My advice would be to play through the first ep and see if you like it.

Fbh

Awesome. I've come close to buying abzu a few times. Looking forward to playing it.

Already have tales of the Borderlands but it's an awesome game. Everyone should play it even if you don't like borderlands. I'm not a fan of borderlands myself and still found it to be the best Telltale game to date.

xrnzaaas

Alienation? Sweet. Was considering a purchase since I enjoyed previous games from the same studio. I own Tales but still an awesome month.

ActWan

Holy shit Abzu! I really wanted to buy this game on Steam but waited for a plus release! Yay!

US only?! Are you kidding me Sony???
Another day to regret opening a UK account instead of a US one...

Already platinum'd Alienation and it's an awesome game. Will for sure try Bordlerlands. Seems like a really good month.

Edit: Tales is a Telltale game? Fuck that.

Don't miss out on Tales.... IMO it is the best Telltale game and one of the games I enjoyed most last year... the story... the gameplay... the humor ... the voice work... everything about it is amazing.

Nameless

Meh, own both. Glad more people will get to experience Abzu, though. Fine game. The rampant Journey comparisons definitely and the expectations they created definitely did it a disservice.

Nauren

Is Abzu any good? I hope so, for a weird reason. I named my Blue Tongue Skink (Apsu/Abzu) and my Bearded Dragon Tiamat^^.

eFKac

Different games for US and EU, I wonder why? Haven't been like that for a long time.

Would have preffered Abzu but Alienation was on my wishlist as well.

Good month overall.

Top Bottom