• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
One thing i cant figure out... is there a way after this new update to disable rear touchpad for L2/R2?

i moved L2/R2 to the right joystick but still keep hitting those stupid rear pad areas and strafing on accident

thanks!

Go into the controller settings menu while in a PS1 game, you can assign the reach touch pad in four parts, click the area on the back touchpad you want and you can assign it to L/R 1/2/3 or "do not use"

Iacobellis

Sony almost got everything just right. Now they need:

- A way/indicator to see what cart you have in the system. Not that hard.
- A way to group bubbles into folders, or whatever's more convenient
- Let me use the analog to scroll on web pages
- A way to instantly see how much space is on your card, like the PSP did

Have the bubble icon appear to the left of the home icon in the status bar. Running apps remain on the right like they are now.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's been a day and I'm still having problems connecting to PSN after this update. Fix this shit Sony

I had(have?) the same problem, if you select the auto turn off option for the wifi then everything work else the problem remain :\

Raine

I'm assuming you have rebooted your Vita and your Router?

Yes multiple times. I even deleted the network setting a couple of times too. I've seen numerous people have this problem after the update. My PS3 connects to PSN fine.

Raine

Same problem for me. I've tried (seemingly) everything.

Yeah they had to fuck something up. The last time this happened was on my PS3 after I updated to the lastest firmware but it was worked out a few hours later. I'm getting these errors (nw-2465-7, c2-13041-9) constantly. I was able to connect a couple of times yesterday but it didn't last for very long. So frustrating :\

Raine

Weird. I just turned this setting on, and now it connects to PSN...

Ok me too. What the hell is this?!? I'm actually testing that method out multiple times using the connection test and it actually ONLY connects to PSN when it's checked on and it doesn't connect when it's not checked!? How does that make any sense? Wow. At least it works now I guess.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
So Youtube and PS Mobile are not available in Finland, right? At least I can't seem to find them.

Loving the rest of the recent stuff on my Vita. NFS and JSR are super :)

qcf x2

Yeah they had to fuck something up. The last time this happened was on my PS3 after I updated to the lastest firmware but it was worked out a few hours later. I'm getting these errors (nw-2465-7, c2-13041-9) constantly. I was able to connect a couple of times yesterday but it didn't last for very long. So frustrating :\

I had this issue after updating the firmware, but after unplugging my router for 10 seconds and manually restarting my Vita (turning it all the way off first), it was fixed.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Is the new "feature" of 2.0 that games can now limit the maximum brightness? I have brightness set to maximum in settings, but when I start Sine Mora, and go to check brightness, it's one or two notches below max and it won't let me increase it! The moment I exit to OS, brightness goes back to max :\ Game looks fantastic as is regardless, but I'm a fan of maximum brightness, it would probably look a tad better if I could increase it.

Ran rp

Is the new "feature" of 2.0 that games can now limit the maximum brightness? I have brightness set to maximum in settings, but when I start Sine Mora, and go to check brightness, it's one or two notches below max and it won't let me increase it! The moment I exit to OS, brightness goes back to max :\ Game looks fantastic as is regardless, but I'm a fan of maximum brightness, it would probably look a tad better if I could increase it.

That's been there day one and it's up to the developers. It sucks.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Wipeout did it when it launched. I don't know if that was patched out, but I doubt it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder how many people know of the 'hidden' PSP menu that you have to press and hold the screen to access.

Not many I imagine seeing how many didn't know the PS1 menu was there either when we got that functionality, but it notified me that the menu was there the first time I opened a PS1 game after the update, so here's hoping people can put 1 and 1 together and get 2, lol.

KillerAJD

I wonder how many people know of the 'hidden' PSP menu that you have to press and hold the screen to access.

The good news is when I loaded up a PSP and PS1 game after 2.00 it showed a screen before the game launched telling you how to do that. Not exactly full proof if somebody quickly closes it, but at least it's something?

qcf x2

Cloudy, you should keep the save but I cannot confirm (why not back it up to the cloud just in case?).

Every time I use the browser I have to take off rear-touch scrolling and then re-enable it for it to work.

Cloudy

Banned
Cloudy, you should keep the save but I cannot confirm (why not back it up to the cloud just in case?).

Every time I use the browser I have to take off rear-touch scrolling and then re-enable it for it to work.

lol I forgot I have access to that now :p

Top Bottom