• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

test_account

XP-39C²
I also just noticed "background" syncing for the trophies. It doesnt sync automatically, but you can browse through the trophies now while it is syncing.

Grinchy

Banned
Woke up and turned on my Vita. It downloaded 3 patches I didn't even know were out and synced my trophies. Nice.

Raine

So is the "Upload Automatically" function for saves bugged or what? The green arrow just disappears after checking it

And this update has fucked up my connection. It's way too inconsistent. I've had to restart my router multiple times.

Yiorgos

The update downloaded and finished installing here but there is just a big PS logo in the middle of the screen. Have not touched anything. Is this normal? Thanks

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Does PS+ autoschedule only work when you're not in a game? I usually put my Vita to sleep while a game is running

Cornbread78

Does PS+ autoschedule only work when you're not in a game? I usually put my Vita to sleep while a game is running

My questions would be can I have it sync my PS3 and VITA at the same time (between 4-5am daily)?

Anyway to run a speedtest from the VITA browser now?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
For some reason I think auto-updating games might be a bad idea unless you have like a 32 GB card with free space

Grinchy

Banned
Man, I am loving this Wifi content transferring. This is so much more convenient. You can just be in your picture album, tell one of the pics to copy, and it goes right to your PC. Awesome.

Same here but did it auto install those patches for you?
Nope. Had to install them myself.

dsigns1

I keep getting an error when trying to update Near. I restarted the system and everything. Is this happening to anyone else?

I got an error the first time I used Near. Had to swipe it closed and reopen it and then I got a agreement to use google maps. After I agreed everything worked fine.

Man, I am loving this Wifi content transferring. This is so much more convenient. You can just be in your picture album, tell one of the pics to copy, and it goes right to your PC. Awesome.

Nope. Had to install them myself.

Weird that it doesn't install by itself. Also, did you happen to find a way to set your automatic DL time on the Vita?

Elios83

Ok I've finally had the time to try the new firmware. Basically it's a great update, probably what the console should have been launched with.
The browser is great, super fast, multitasking enabled with games. The only thing missing at this point is an internal link to the Youtube app.
Wi-FI content manager makes swapping contents with a PC super confortable, also now it's possible to downoad specific folders under Video.
At first I had problems setting up the Wi-Fi Content Manager, it didn't give me the code to register the Vita, I tried to uninstall it, reinstall the latest version, activate the WiFi option, restart the PC, open the content manger application on PC and then try to connect the Vita without a USB cable, and it finally worked. But basically if you're having problems, make sure that the Wifi option is selected, restart your PC and try to connect the Vita using Wifi alone.
The PSX emulator is pretty much definitive with the new options to have fully customizable touch screen and rear touch pad, plus custom screen aspect ratios. Vita is the best place to play PSone Classics.
E-mail app is nicely done and a really welcome addition. This, the new browser and Youtube are finally giving a sense to the 3G version of the console.
FULL HD videos are now supported which means that if you have a collection of 1080p videos now you don't have to re-download the 720p versions to play them on the Vita.
Also taking screenshots is now super fast.

So, so far the best firmware update the Vita has had since launch.

Torraz

Would it be a good idea to pre-download the uncharted and gravity rush demos? With regard to the PS3 games we usually have to download the demo and then get a "patch" to unlock the full version. Any idea if the same goes for the vita games?

Orcastar

Nice additions. Now if I could just get a Netlfix app and a YouTube app, everything would be peachy.

Yeah, not happening.

:(

Are the free Vita games (for PS+) gonna be posted up tomorrow? Or will the PS Store get the update today?

Also, when is the deadline to get PS+, assuming we want to get Jet Set Radio for free?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is the big blue pointer in the web browser (when you hold the triggers) new?

Tiamant

Er... the screenshot function is the same as always but without the "please wait" message, you can't do shit for a few seconds :/

bumpkin

Happy to hear about this update 'cuz of the impending Vita PS+ awesomeness.

On a total tangent, is Sine Mora available for Vita on the PSN yet? :)

yurinka

When listening music noticed that there is a "connect to device" option above the artists/albums/songs/etc screen.

It opens the content manager to connect to ps3 or pc. Was it there before FW2.0?

test_account

XP-39C²
Ah that sucks, but considering that is already available in many coutried it's just a matter of time.
On the contrary Netflix is more a US thing, I don't think it will be available elsewhere.
Netflix did recently launch in Scandinavia. It is also available on PS3 here already. I guess it is just a question of time before it comes to Vita here as well.

test_account

XP-39C²
Er... the screenshot function is the same as always but without the "please wait" message, you can't do shit for a few seconds :/
I just tried when playing Treasures of Montezuma Blitz. Half a second after i took the screenshot i was playing the game fine, no wait here. There is a small wait if you try to click the home button right after taking the screenshot, but the game isnt affected.

yurinka

Tried to upload all my saves, and did it successfully with all of them but LBP doesn't want to upload. Its progress bar gets stopped at the start. Tried restarting the console, plugging and unpluging the cart, etc.

In my case it's 76MB(had some levels downloaded), the biggest one by far. Anyone else had and solved this issue?

Carl

Tried to upload all my saves, and did it successfully with all of them but LBP doesn't want to upload. Its progress bar gets stopped at the start. Tried restarting the console, plugging and unpluging the cart, etc.

In my case it's 76MB(had some levels downloaded), the biggest one by far. Anyone else had and solved this issue?

Worked fine for me, just took a while.

Top Bottom