• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

Nosgoroth

thanks.. I have a 20/1 connection.. and my internet has sucked lately. Tried a 30mb update for the Viaplay app in Denmark yesterday.. took freaking 14 minutes for 30mb. And the 12mb silverlight update on my PC took 8 minutes...lol

I have 65 down 5 up, if that helps.

PaulLFC

Yeah the E-mail app is quite nice. I can't get my Gmail account to go through for some reason, but I'm sure I'll figure that out. It works really well with my yahoo account though.
Mine doesn't work either, I think it probably has to do with all this "application specific password" security stuff they introduced.

demigod

New Wifi setting. "Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically"

Basically after a long period of time, it'll turn off to save power.

Doesn't it disconnect all the time?

That's not a new feature. It was like this and then it was fixed with either version 1.80 or 1.81. They just now put it back in as an option. I know this because before 1.80 version, everytime my vita went into standby mode it killed my wifi connection and only way to get it back was to reboot the machine.

STG

this update man, so awesome

now all that is left for me is that they make a GNU/Linux version of the PC content manager (which will never happen)

oh and has anyone already found a way to save youtube videos again? the old method with that java script bookmark was not working in the older version anymore

So thrilled about the improved browser, I actually use it a lot so this vastly improves my Vita experience. Wifi PC/PS3 connection is also *ace.* Rummaging around for USB cables is always annoying. I'm not really feeling the email app - unthreading my inbox conversations into separate emails is obnoxious and undoes one of GMail's best features (is there any way to change this? took a cursory look through settings, didn't see anything) but whatevs, was never that interested in email on my Vita anyway.

Now just give us some folders, Sony, please! And while you're at it, combine the Friends and Messaging apps into one. I'm running out of bubble space over here and all the free games from Plus is only going to make it worse.

kiyomi

Great update on the whole.

Insta screenshots are awesome in particular.

I have noticed one thing though, in browser the screen seems less touch responsive? When scrolling up and down I've had a few occasions where I had to make the movement several times. Could just be a weird coincidence

Ok, only happens after I hit the bottom of the page arrow on GAF mobile

the3ye

I still want that glowing ps button to be gone while in use...
it's flickering now when I unlock the console :/

DBT85

I still want that glowing ps button to be gone while in use...
it's flickering now when I unlock the console :/

In the settings you can set which notifications appear on screen, make a sound and make the button glow. You could turn it off for all and see what happens?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Connected to my mac mini wirelessly :) Hurrah.

It's cool that you can view your mac photo stream in the photo app.

Trying a game transfer from Vita -> PC. A bit slower than I'd like. Probably will take 5 mins (1.1GB game).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Vita's PSP emulator is still lackluster, I wonder if it is possible to add some AA for PSP emu/games. is the Vita GPU not capable to do this job?

DiscoJer

Vita's PSP emulator is still lackluster, I wonder if it is possible to add some AA for PSP emu/games. is the Vita GPU not capable to do this job?

It needs a color filter, too, to try to match the PSP's screen, not the Vita's. That bugs me more than anything else. Gold coins should not look like rounds of gouda cheese

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's not really anything new to 2.0, but I'm just noticing since I'm using the content manager now that it has wireless PC access - transfers are soooo slow. Ghost of Sparta (1.1 GB) took 12 minutes to copy from my mac to Vita. I think it would have been faster to redownload it from PSN!

The_Monk

And soon I'll start adding PS + Vita games to my cart for when the day arrives... I will have a great Day One Backlog on my Vita already. Can't wait!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It needs a color filter, too, to try to match the PSP's screen, not the Vita's. That bugs me more than anything else. Gold coins should not look like rounds of gouda cheese
If they ever add this, I want it to be optional. Personally, I like the Vita's vibrant colours much more.
Have you ever tried to tap on the screen and choose the "psp colorspace" option? ;)
Vita colorspace>>>>>>>>>>>>>>psp colorspace ;)

gzero

Anybody else having trouble with the e-mail app? For my primary email account, the "Inbox" folder doesn't show up!

kadotsu

Banned
The new right stick control options on PSP and the new aspect ratio options for PS1 are a godsend. I can finally play MHFU now.

kadotsu

Banned
whats new to the right stick control options?

You can select to either map horizontal and vertical controls to the right stick as opposed to the whole D-Pad. In MH the vertical camera is discrete while the horizontal is continuous, so you only want to map the horizontal axis to an analog controller.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You can select to either map horizontal and vertical controls to the right stick as opposed to the whole D-Pad. In MH the vertical camera is discrete while the horizontal is continuous, so you only want to map the horizontal axis to an analog controller.
Also the L/R can be mapped to it now too. Makes Valkyria Chronicles 2 much better since camera controls on stick feel more natural.

Just updated.

This makes the Vita so much more usable. I really think Sony should have waited the extra 6 months, let it cook for longer and launched now at $199/€199/£149 (break even) with 8GB inbuilt and $299/€299/£249 (profitable) with 16GB and 4G/LTE.

It feels more feature complete now and I think the lower price of entry would have given it a bigger bang and having 4G as standard rather than 3G would have paved the way for online play over mobile internet as the latency on 4G is much lower than 3G.

It's not like these months since Feb have been particularly stellar, in fact they have been so bad that the ecosystem may be damaged beyond repair.

Manp

just updated... it seems they fixed the wireless issue with openwrt on atheros devices. at least i hope.

edit: RE2 still not supported by PS1 emu

:)

Valkyr47

Banned
this is the most amazing update ever

PS1 emulator is now ace, cant wait to get back into all those classic games!

i dont get email either though. These days with all the smartphones/laptops and email access everywhere, no thanks

besides, just what i want, to be interrupted during game time to get new emails, blah

Septimus

Haven't used the browser much since last time since it was awful. But I did like the rear touch scrolling. Now that the browser is competent, it's even better!

Man, rear touch scrolling is soo good. You guys thing they'll ever make the browser orientation go to portrait?

Iacobellis

Just updated.

This makes the Vita so much more usable. I really think Sony should have waited the extra 6 months, let it cook for longer and launched now at $199/€199/£149 (break even) with 8GB inbuilt and $299/€299/£249 (profitable) with 16GB and 4G/LTE.

It feels more feature complete now and I think the lower price of entry would have given it a bigger bang and having 4G as standard rather than 3G would have paved the way for online play over mobile internet as the latency on 4G is much lower than 3G.

It's not like these months since Feb have been particularly stellar, in fact they have been so bad that the ecosystem may be damaged beyond repair.

Launching almost two years after the 3DS wouldn't do any good. We've seen one of the best first year lineups in a while for a system.

Updated last night. Everything they added work really well and the browser update is wonderful. No to get some nice stuff with PS+ later today.

Hanmik

Haven't used the browser much since last time since it was awful. But I did like the rear touch scrolling. Now that the browser is competent, it's even better!

Man, rear touch scrolling is soo good. You guys thing they'll ever make the browser orientation go to portrait?

rear touch scrolling was done with the last FW update.. not 2.0.. and yes it is great..!

Jeels

Just updated.

An improved browser, email app, notification settings, and wireless transfer isn't going to help the Vita much at all.

But as a user this is great. Thanks Sony for listening to people. Now just get videos to work in the browser and more bubbles/menus customization options and I'm set.

So still no portrait browsing?

Nope. You can also see orientation isn't in the HTML5 supported features either, nor GPS features. Orientation isn't in the Vita OS yet as a feature. They're going to assume that you always have it the same way, and if anyone wants anything else, they'll have to support it themselves. ;) (like a few games out there currently do, as do image viewers like the built in one and facebook app, etc.).

The OS never wants to be re-oriented though at the moment. But it's certainly possible they could add this as a later feature in the browser eventually. I think for stuff like reading forums, especially mobile customised ones like GAF, it may be more comfortable.

Gadirok

I haven't checked out the new browser yet but hopefully it makes google reader usable. It wouldn't scroll down the screen for me before, and the iPad is used by everyone in my family so I usually have to resort to looking through my emails via my phone.

Other than work, I don't really use my laptop or desktop as much as I used to. Not enough time.

Top Bottom