• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

VanWinkle

i gotta say, i soooo don't get the attraction in having an email app, but different strokes i suppose. everything else about this update is AWESOME. i'm so glad we have cloud game saves. having multiple memory cards has been really annoying.

Me neither, but I agree that the rest of the update is fantastic.

If only there was a VitaGAF to go back to! I'm still mourning the advice thread.

The vast majority of us are still there in the vita games and service thread.

U2NUMB

Well, I went about it the stupid way. Disconnected and "forgot" my network (click the wireless icon on the taskbar, right click on your network, "forget this network"), reconnected, ticked "turn on wireless sharing" when prompted. Voila!

Humm still no go for me. Tried having my laptop connect to the network with and without a wire so that is also not it.

Anyone have any tips on what they did with their router? I am guessing that is what is messing things up.

I have tried 3 times to download the update but it just hangs after I click Next after it says that it will close all open applications.

EDIT: Nevermind. My battery was low and once I plugged it in it got past that.

Seda

So I just turned on my Vita for the first time and set it up.

Any beginner tips? Also, PS+ store content isn't up yet, right?

Thoraxes

So I just turned on my Vita for the first time and set it up.

Any beginner tips? Also, PS+ store content isn't up yet, right?

PS+ stuff is Grace Chen time on the 20th.

You can mute the volume by pressing both volume buttons at the same time.

Browser update:
Old:
8201012979_46aaae9171.jpg

New:
8202106724_32352b622c.jpg

It is now 100/100 on acid3 test. Was 99/100 before

so that "beta browser" number was actually for this version of the browser, nice.

Somnia

What a GREAT day to get my Vita, this update is fucking great.

I really hope PS+ and more stuff like this get more people to pick up the Vita.

I have a lot to play between some PSP (and PS1) games like Tactics Ogre, Legend of Heroes to Vita games like VLR, P4G, Ragnarok, Escape Plan, Stardust, Uncharted, Gravity Daze, Lumines and AC:L.

Any other suggestions Vita wise?

CLEEK

How do I save me clouds.

Errrr cloud my saves?

On Vita, open up Content manager, then choose the cloud option. You can select individual saves, or all of them. I just uploaded all 13 saves, and it took <1 min.

If you want saves to update automatically, go into Settings > Playstation Network > automatic Updates and tick the cloud save option.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You can squash and stretch the PSone screen to your liking now. So custom aspect ratios.

Can you do this on the PSP? Because that my major gripe: Insta-overscan/blowup with no option to shrink/originalize it like the PSX emulator.

If not, WTF Sony.

So, um, where is the PS+ section of the Store with all the free shit aggregated? Don't tell me I have to search for each thing individually...

Thoraxes

When is the usual update time for PS Store? I'm not really familiar with Sony's online stuff. Also thanks!

Some time between like, 12PM Central and 11PM Central.

Usually I find it closer to like 5PM Central more often, but i've seen them be rolled out at the above times.

TheSeks

So, um, where is the PS+ section of the Store with all the free shit aggregated? Don't tell me I have to search for each thing individually...

Grace Chen Time.

Update time != Store update time.

You must wait until your regional store updates. Yes, it sucks. No there isn't anything you can do but dealwithit.gif

Aeana

Is it finally possible to post images via the Twitter app again? That feature has been out of commission for way too long.

TheSeks

Is it finally possible to post images via the Twitter app again? That feature has been out of commission for way too long.

Er-That was patched weeks ago. The live area of LiveTweet had an update/patch. The firmware update had nothing to do with that.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Trophies sync in the background when you're in the Trophies app. It's almost non-existent as long as you're in it for a few seconds

TheSeks

Ya'll haven't answered the question: Have they allowed you to change the aspect ratio of the PSP emulator like PSX games in the PSX emulator?

The ability to squash/stretch the pictures in PSone games is fantastic. Now if we could just get fully-customisable controls (including being able to map shoulder buttons to the right stick) the PSone compatibility would be just perfect.

Top Bottom