• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

Quick

Banned
I never turn my Vita off anyway. Do people actually turn it off every time they're done with it?

I did this initially, until I realized how pointless it was. lol

I can not get it to see my pc or my mac after installing the software.

Same here.

I have it enabled on my PC, and I'm trying to add it to my Vita's device list. I'm supposed to be seeing numbers appear on my PC to enter on my Vita, and...nothing.

CLEEK

CMA works fine with my Vita through cable. Nothing is happening with WiFi it just cycles through the process and its not detecting anything on either my Vita or through CMA.

CMA on Windows? Check that it isn't being blocked in Windows Firewall.

Is your PC on Wi-Fi too, or wired? Some home routers block multicast traffic between interfaves (e.g. between wi-fi and wired).

pixelbox

MEGATON: you can map L2/R2 to either the left or right stick, or the front of rear touchpad in PSone games. And you can map L3/R3 as well.

No more shitty sometimes-works-sometimes-doesn't rear touchpad bollocks for me!
Use the bottom half of the backtouch. It's so much better.

Oshimai

CMA works fine with my Vita through cable. Nothing is happening with WiFi it just cycles through the process and its not detecting anything on either my Vita or through CMA.

might be your firewall? my firewall kicked in when i tried to connect my Vita and CMA via wifi.

Shancake

This might sound like a stupid question but when uploading all my saves I noticed that some games haven't changed to signify last played.. For instance, Hot Shots golf shows february as its date when I play it almost everyday yet other games to display the last time i've played =/

Does this mean the save data won't upload properly?

Thoraxes

So question since i'm still in the process...

Does it copy only save data to PSN or is it the whole game because of the bubbles? Only two are taking super long and I figure that's because of the two digital games I have.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I do.

Looks like I gotta change habits.

:-O

I don't think I've ever fully powered down my Vita since launch day :p, I love the Vita's standby battery life, it really changes how you use the system just being able to pick up and play instantly.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
*sniffs* it's all so beautiful.

Though I still wish there was a bigger emphasis on Activities and more things to do, it's gone from kinda hidden away in Near to kinda hidden in Friends, but this is definitely an improvement.

Zoc

Does the new browser have portrait mode? I'd rather get a Vita or a Wii U rather than a small tablet, but the sucky browser has been holding me back.

Quick

Banned
Fuck yes. Got wireless sync working.

I feel like a tool now. I have wireless sharing on Windows 8 switched to off.

Nice update.
-Near's way faster than before
-Taking screenshots no longer gives the "please wait" whatever message and is just instant
-Uploading saves to the Plus-Cloud Storage
-Email app is cool
-Wireless sharing to PC is something I wanted, so glad it's here

Orgasm.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
how about some Smartphone/ Tablet & Game Console / Handheld scores
It's far better than other game machines:
X360 IE9: 120
3DS Netfront: 109
Wii Opera 94
PS3: 69

Not quite as good as latest phones/tablets
Chrome: 390
IOS6 Safari: 386
IE10: 320
Android 4: 297

It feels very snappy though. Opening and navigating around a CNN.com page for example is a lot smoother than on my iphone 4 with Safari 6.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I've never felt more lame than when I just sent an email with the signature "sent from my Playstation Vita"

Psi

I think having an authenticator on my gmail account prevents me from adding it to my Vita. Oh well, not going to remove it.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I've been banned from PSN for the past month and I haven't really cared enough to fix the issue, but this firmware update is going to get me to do so. I'm weirdly excited about the email app.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I have my gmail acc linked to the email app on the vita but it doesn't seem to show pictures in the emails, is that normal?

VanWinkle

I've been banned from PSN for the past month and I haven't really cared enough to fix the issue, but this firmware update is going to get me to do so. I'm weirdly excited about the email app.

I haven't seen you in forever's time, lunch. We at VitaGAF miss you!

Dragon

Banned
I think having an authenticator on my gmail account prevents me from adding it to my Vita. Oh well, not going to remove it.

You just need to setup a password like you would any other program accessing two step authentication.

btkadams

i gotta say, i soooo don't get the attraction in having an email app, but different strokes i suppose. everything else about this update is AWESOME. i'm so glad we have cloud game saves. having multiple memory cards has been really annoying.

Quick

Banned
Where is this setting in windows 8??

Well, I went about it the stupid way. Disconnected and "forgot" my network (click the wireless icon on the taskbar, right click on your network, "forget this network"), reconnected, ticked "turn on wireless sharing" when prompted. Voila!

hongcha

This sounds fantastic. I'll download it straight away after I get home from work tonight.
I'm most excited about the email app!

Top Bottom