• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

Carl

Do you have to manually set each game to upload saves? Because I don't want Assassin's Creed to auto upload. What happens if it glitches and then uploads the glitched save file straight away?

You can set individual games to auto-upload, same as you can on PS3.

kassatsu

Banned
wBV3w.jpg

Looks nice, gifts load a ton faster now

Man

I sort of had to re-learn the Near app every time I visited it (that thing has too complex a layout). With this significant update maybe it's time to give it a proper second shot.

KillerAJD

Anyone get a gmail account added to the email app? I keep getting errors

Make sure if you have two step verification (which EVERYBODY should use) that you use the application password that you can create. Your regular password will not work, since there is no outside support for the verification code in 3rd party apps.

Omikaru

Seems bugged, when I went through them all and checked 'auto upload' they had the green upload arrow but they all keep clearing themselves and wont stay checked.

Yeah, I had the same problem. I checked them off so the green arrow appeared and scrolled down, but when I scrolled back up it was gone and unchecked.

same for me

And me. Kind of annoying. Maybe the feature isn't enabled in certain regions yet? What region accounts are you having trouble with? Mine is a UK account, so maybe that function isn't live until Wednesday.

Cannot get Wireless content manager working at all. I must be doing something wrong.

On my PC content manager is updated and I have the Connect Vita to Wifi button enabled. Trying to do it on my Vita and I just get stuck on the Connect to a PC page which sends me back to Register Device. What am I doing wrong?

Same issue here. Maybe they haven't updated the Content Manager program on the PC yet...?

Ran rp

PSY・S;44540319 said:
Two questions:

1. Can we back up PSP, PS One, and PS Mobile saves to the cloud? I only see the option for native Vita games and apps.

2. Can the PS Light be turned off completely? I see some options in the notifications settings but I have tape over the button so I can't check if it's off or not.

Anyone?

And me. Kind of annoying. Maybe the feature isn't enabled in certain regions yet? What region accounts are you having trouble with? Mine is a UK account, so maybe that function isn't live until Wednesday.
US here. I was hoping to delete Liberation or Gravity Rush momentarily so I can download PASBR later, but I don't want to risk it now...

KillerAJD

PSY・S;44541077 said:

From what I remember, only Vita saves can be uploaded for now. No idea about the second question.

Found it!
Q: Will I be able to upload PS one Classics, PSP Game, and PS mini save game data to the Cloud Storage?
A: This service is only for PS Vita Game Save Data. Other game types that may be playable on PS Vita cannot be uploaded to the Cloud Storage.

LINK

Salaadin

Make sure if you have two step verification (which EVERYBODY should use) that you use the application password that you can create. Your regular password will not work, since there is no outside support for the verification code in 3rd party apps.
I love you

Jeels

Cannot get Wireless content manager working at all. I must be doing something wrong.

On my PC content manager is updated and I have the Connect Vita to Wifi button enabled. Trying to do it on my Vita and I just get stuck on the Connect to a PC page which sends me back to Register Device. What am I doing wrong?

Whenever I hit the wifi button, I get a pop up on my PS with a code to enter into my Vita. Works great after that.

You need to go into your content manager settings (on pc) and enable wifi access.

Ponn

Banned
can't connect wirelessly to pc. :(

I already update cma, and register my device, but it just couldn't connect to pc when I tried

I had to allow access, win 7 automatically did that but wouldn't connect to PC till allowed access on PC. Transfer 2gig file right now. Little slower then USB connection but not bad.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Whenever I hit the wifi button, I get a pop up on my PS with a code to enter into my Vita. Works great after that.

You need to go into your content manager settings (on pc) and enable wifi access.

Yeah I already did that. I am not getting a pop up notification on my PC anywhere and my Vita is just looping between Register Device -> Connect to PC -> hit okay -> Register Device.

KillerAJD

Yeah I already did that. I am not getting a pop up notification on my PC anywhere and my Vita is just looping between Register Device -> Connect to PC -> hit okay -> Register Device.

Try hitting the ok button after checking to allow wifi connect on the Content Manager. Also try closing it (right click the icon on the taskbar and click exit). It didn't work for me until I clicked ok and restarted. Also, obviously, make sure you're connected to the same network, haha.

The browser has a pointer, I don't remember it being there before.

Yeah, saw that, but didn't seen any pointer implementation. I wonder if it means the analog sticks can be used like on a PS3?

Zoibie

finally got wireless access working, I had to delete my registered device on vita and cma, and re-register again. now it works

I just tried doing this and I can't get the connection number to appear on my PC again. Blerrggh.

Edit: Got it, seems to be working now.

fernoca

Nice update.
-Near's way faster than before
-Taking screenshots no longer gives the "please wait" whatever message and is just instant
-Uploading saves to the Plus-Cloud Storage
-Email app is cool
-Wireless sharing to PC is something I wanted, so glad it's here

Salaadin

Hah, no problem. Just remember that applies to any mobile application for Gmail. I don't think they've got any mobile app that uses the verification code, just your created application password.

Yeah, i had this same problem once before but it completely slipped my mind. Thanks again.

Hopefully they get this auto save upload thing fixed. I don't want to have to do it manually.

Man

PSY・S;44541379 said:
You can squash and stretch the PSone screen to your liking now. So custom aspect ratios.
Nice! Best update ever.

kassatsu, you need to update the OP my good man with the latest findings.

KillerAJD

Use left or right trigger and press on the screen at the same time.

Whoah! haha, that's pretty cool! Doesn't seem like you can do a long press with that action though (I like to open a bunch of pages on GAF into background tabs and then go through them). Also, the side and shape of the close tab icon is different! (I think? I'm doubting myself now, but it seemed different the first time I opened the browser) It's now round and on the left side. I wonder if the pages refresh still if you are on another page for too long; that was quite annoying before.

copy 390 mb of uncharted gamedata from pc to vita, use stopwatch and it take about 2 minutes 24 sec. not really ideal, but even using a usb cable is pretty slow copying data to vita.

Top Bottom