• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

:(

Wanted to try Before purchasing the game. Is it confirmed that all 3 Patapons are Vita compatible?

Pretty sure the first two are, not sure about the third. You should consult with the compatibility list to be on the safe side.

Edit: Did anyone else pick up the GameStop bundle? While I initially did have reservations about the case, it's actually an excellent media stand. It's obviously not a travel case, but it's perfect for watching shows and listening to podcasts, and once it has been broken in, you don't even have to remove the Vita from the case to use it.

Pengew

I think this problem only accured if the saving was on the cart itself? (which isnt the case with Uncharted).

Hmmmm...when i go to delete the Uncharted icon it says all associated data will be deleted. I dont want to risk it so i will just try backing it up. This is such a goddamn pain. I wish we had a little more information on what data is tied to actual game carts or accounts.

bede-x

I'm having issues with Tales from Space. It's locked up on me a few times now, randomly going to sleep and not turning on again, and just now I got like a proper error message. Is this a common issue with this game?

Happened to me as well. Every time it would say an error has occurred in the following program(in Danish) and then it would close down. I took a picture of it:

VjdKN.jpg

A shame about that and the framerate, because otherwise it's a really well made game.

Well color me ignorant because I have no idea what framerate games like that are in. It's either smooth or not smooth... and MBA felt damn smooth to me.

Rain_ng

Banned
Apologies if this question has been asked before but I've been told that Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins is on the US store, but not the EU store. If I setup a US account on PS3, buy it and then switch to my UK account, can I transfer it to my Vita on the same UK account?

bede-x

Well color me ignorant because I have no idea what framerate games like that are in.

Try going to the first stage and jump off the bag you start on. Now start moving back and forth near the bag and try to focus on the edges of the bag. Can you see how difficult it is to see the edges when moving? It's almost like they're doubling. That's because of the (low) framerate.

If you're sensitive to that kind of thing, it becomes really distracting and makes it hard to focus whenever something moves.

Mutant Blobs is a relatively slow moving game, so it didn't ruin my enjoyment of it and I would recommend every Vita owner buy it. But I'd still have preferred 60 fps.

Koroviev

Everyone should BUY this game, it's cheap, addictive, and fun.
BTW, did it do well !?

Tales from Space?

Try going to the first stage and jump off the bag you start on. Now start moving back and forth near the bag and try to focus on the edges of the bag. Can you see how difficult it is to see the edges when moving? It's almost like they're doubling. That's because of the (low) framerate.

If you're sensitive to that kind of thing, it becomes really distracting and makes it hard to focus whenever something moves.

Mutant Blobs is a relatively slow moving game, so it didn't ruin my enjoyment of it and I would recommend every Vita owner buys it. But I'd still have preferred 60 fps.

I'm really surprised that a 2D game is running sub-60 /:

OmegaZero

I take it God Eater Burst still isn't available for the US Vita store?
I know you can supposedly download it to the Vita using a PS3, but I don't have one. :/

Koroviev

I take it God Eater Burst still isn't available for the US Vita store?
I know you can supposedly download it to the Vita using a PS3, but I don't have one. :/

Yeah, you still have to use the PS3, unfortunately :(

Do you have a friend who might let you use theirs? It'd still be tied to your account and everything. I actually bought Gods Eater Burst the day before last and downloaded it to the Vita via my friend's PS3 (have one, but was away from my house).

I know it's age old to say all this now again and again but... I still have issues with this.

still waiting for a major drop in PSP PSN prices :(

There's alot I want to purchase and play... that is not RPG (though the RPGs on it kick ass).

I own alot of UMDs that I wish I could play on my Vita, like Tekken 6. I still wish there was a trade in program :( I'd toss in most of my UMDs for digital versions :(

also, I might be more ok with this if the Vita got more frequent updates of PSP titles that worked... Is it tied to firmware or just them permitting files somehow?

Plus I see stuff that's compatible on their list (US list) that I cannot copy onto my Vita (US) either from the Vita or my PS3....?

Do you have a friend who might let you use theirs? It'd still be tied to your account and everything. I actually bought Gods Eater Burst the day before last and downloaded it to the Vita via my friend's PS3 (have one, but was away from my house).

The whole idea that you HAVE TO use a ps3 for this shit is outlandish. Help us understand the delay here Sony....

I own alot of UMDs that I wish I could play on my Vita, like Tekken 6. I still wish there was a trade in program :( I'd toss in most of my UMDs for digital versions :(

Yep. All my games are on UMD due to: 1) Ridiculous PSN prices and 2) A lot of my games are from America and are unavailable on EU PSN anyway.

OmegaZero

Yes, in fact I do. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
Thanks!

Yep. All my games are on UMD due to: 1) Ridiculous PSN prices and 2) A lot of my games are from America and are unavailable on EU PSN anyway.

Yeah, my reasons for getting UMD was primarily prices... I think I payed less than 50% of the PSN prices for my UMD :/

I know it would be a bitch to work out but the UMD trade in program would have been super nice.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
The whole idea that you HAVE TO use a ps3 for this shit is outlandish. Help us understand the delay here Sony....

There really is no excuse for this. I downloaded the EU version of God Eater two weeks ago direct to my Vita (really enjoyable game as an aside, ideal for 20 mins on the commute twice a day) and played it no problem.

Its not an issue of digital rights management so whats the hold up?

stalker

May someone let me know which retail games render natively at full resolution? I guess this info must be disseminated through multiple posts ...

Zoibie

There really is no excuse for this. I downloaded the EU version of God Eater two weeks ago direct to my Vita (really enjoyable game as an aside, ideal for 20 mins on the commute twice a day) and played it no problem.

Its not an issue of digital rights management so whats the hold up?

I can't figure it out either. The only thing I can think of is that it's a glitch, plain and simple. Something which sounds like it should be incredibly simple to fix which, for whatever reason, still isn't fixed 2 months later.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Have there been any updates to PSP/Vita store since launch? It is silly to have to use a PS3 to buy and transfer many of the compatible PSP games, even if it's not a major pain for me. But what if I didn't own a PS3? It's been over two months now, Sony really needs to get on the ball. And I'd like to see more PSP games made compatible with Vita, but at this point that feels like too much to expect from them.

i-Lo

Just curious whether all Vita games are available for DD as well?

I have been seeing some numbers via ******** and I was expecting games like Wipeout 2048 or Unit 13 to sell past 100K units globally. As such, I was wondering if they are available as DD which won't be accounted for.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just curious whether all Vita games are available for DD as well?

I have been seeing some numbers via ******** and I was expecting games like Wipeout 2048 or Unit 13 to sell past 100K units globally. As such, I was wondering if they are available as DD which won't be accounted for.

Yes. All Vita games are released on PSN, as far as I know. I would imagine that the large majority of sales are still through retail, though.

Koroviev

May someone let me know which retail games render natively at full resolution? I guess this info must be disseminated through multiple posts ...

I was trying to figure this out earlier as well. I'm pretty sure Wipeout, Rayman Origins and Virtua Tennis 4 run at native res, while Uncharted and HSG run at sub-native res. I'm not entirely certain about the rest.

Yes, in fact I do. Can't believe I didn't think of that.
Thanks!

No problem :)

I was trying to figure this out earlier as well. I'm pretty sure Wipeout, Rayman Origins and Virtua Tennis 4 run at native res, while Uncharted and HSG run at sub-native res. I'm not entirely certain about the rest.

No problem :)

I believe the psn only games are native res as well (star dust, mutant blob, etc).

rayman and VT4 might be the only retail ones at 60fps as well.

Koroviev

I believe the psn only games are native res as well (star dust, mutant blob, etc).

rayman and VT4 might be the only retail ones at 60fps as well.

Still can't believe Tales from Space only runs at 30 fps /:

How does Disgaea 3 for Vita look compared to the PSP iterations running on the same system?

Kind of like the difference between Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2?

uh.... probably the closest comparison, so yeah.

The thing is, that disgaea games have a more dynamic camera so it's a bit harder to judge.

Disgaea 3 on vita looks similar to if Disgaea 1-2 were running at native res.

Marz

Yea waiting for PSP price drops as well. So much stuff I wanna buy on here(PSP, PS1, PS2), but Sony doesn't seem to want me too so whatever.

Tales from Space is only 30 fps?! Yikes, that was going to be the first game I bought from the PSN store when I get my Vita, but I'm probably going to pass now. Even though I'm sure the game is still playable as is, I feel that developers shouldn't be rewarded with my money when they arbitrarily limit their games to run at low framerates when there's absolutely no technical reason for doing so.

Massa

Tales from Space is only 30 fps?! Yikes, that was going to be the first game I bought from the PSN store when I get my Vita, but I'm probably going to pass now. Even though I'm sure the game is still playable as is, I feel that developers shouldn't be rewarded with my money when they arbitrarily limit their games to run at low framerates when there's absolutely no technical reason for doing so.

Joke post?

magawolaz

As VanWinkle said about 30fps, it never crossed my mind while playing it; I mean, is not a fast game like WipEout or Ridge Racer, you really have no chance to notice the 'slow' framerate.
It's a great game, don't miss it :)

Twinduct

Don't let technical nitpicking stop you from enjoying what is a solid game. Given the game's style and game play I honestly don't believe it would have benefited ANYTHING from being 60 fps.

bede-x

As VanWinkle said about 30fps, it never crossed my mind while playing it; I mean, is not a fast game like WipEout or Ridge Racer, you really have no chance to notice the 'slow' framerate.
It's a great game, don't miss it :)

I agree with the final part, but if you are sensitive to framerates, you can't not notice it. I understand that a lot of people don't see these kinds of things and kind of envy them, but for us that do, it does detract from the experience. It's like there's two of every line and you can't focus anywhere, whenever something moves.

And the worst part is that there's really no reason why it's limited to 30 fps. The Vita should be capable of running this in its sleep.

Tales from Space actually benefits from being a solid 30fps.

Everything being equal, in what way could it possibly benefit from a lower framerate?

spats

wait... what is mutant blobs about?

All these psn vita games kinda sound the same and are puzzler/platformers lol.

A puzzle platformer where you control a blob that assimilates all sorts of stuff and grows throughtout each level. I usually HATE puzzle platformers but really dug both Blob games on the PS3 and Vita.

UFRA

Joke post?

I sure hope so. Speaking of blobs, I just finished the game. Wow was it fun. Only a few times I got a little frustrated, but overall I always had a little smile on my face playing it. I love the music and the charming design.

spats

did any one else buy pure chess?

i downloaded on a whim this morning

Yep. It's incredibly well made but holy shit do I suck at chess. Even after beating all the tutorials and completing a bunch of the challenges a game against the easiest CPU opponents usually ends in a stalemate. I suck at the endgame. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom