• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Hot Shots golf off the store this morning. I went to play it this afternoon and was greeted by a message saying I need to patch it. How does this work? Unless the patch was released sometime between when I bought it this morning and now, why do I need to patch it? Why wouldn't the game I downloaded this morning have the patch already? FFS!!

I am sure that there is some technical reason and ultimately it is not that big a deal but it drives me fucking nuts. PS3 is the same. It seems every time I turn the bloody thing on I have to update something or other.

Other than that, I think the Vita is fantastic.

First world problems and all.

Koroviev

I bought Hot Shots golf off the store this morning. I went to play it this afternoon and was greeted by a message saying I need to patch it. How does this work? Unless the patch was released sometime between when I bought it this morning and now, why do I need to patch it? Why wouldn't the game I downloaded this morning have the patch already? FFS!!

I am sure that there is some technical reason and ultimately it is not that big a deal but it drives me fucking nuts. PS3 is the same. It seems every time I turn the bloody thing on I have to update something or other.

Other than that, I think the Vita is fantastic.

First world problems and all.

Touch the HSG bubble. When it pulls up the app screen, there should be a little orange icon with an arrow on the far left at the top of the screen. If you touch that, it should download and install the patch :)

Touch the HSG bubble. When it pulls up the app screen, there should be a little orange icon with an arrow on the far left at the top of the screen. If you touch that, it should download and install the patch :)

I got the patch but just find it strange that something I downloaded today needs to be patched before I can play it. Why is the game I downloaded this morning not patched already? I understand totally the need to patch but don't understand why the patch isn't rolled into the game for new buyers. Like I said, it's not a big deal just annoying.

So I bought virtua tennis off psn. Getting an error while trying to install it. DLed it on ps3 and tried transfering... same error.

wtf?

What do I do now?

You can check the error code online or in your settings.

E-8010100c is the error I'm getting... and people are just saying, brute force it until it works...

fucking sony products...

btw: for some reason I feel like I have like 4 gb of 'gunk' on my memory stick (numbers don't add up for app sizes etc). Is there a way to clear out download garbage and what not?

B.O.O.M

Can someone tell me why there isn't and maybe even couldn't be a kickstarter for a game like VC3? I'll contribute big time if one were to start

Can someone tell me why there isn't and maybe even couldn't be a kickstarter for a game like VC3? I'll contribute big time if one were to start
The site probably wouldn't allow it. Sega's not some indie outfit - they can easily afford to bring the game over and have simply chosen not to.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I contacted system 3 about the release date of super putty squad, this is the answer:
Thanks for your interest in Putty Squad. We are currently tweaking the game & tutorial and hope to have this finished in the next week or so.
After QA has finished with it we hope to have the game out some time in June but no
precise date has been set yet.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it.

All the best

I'm looking into buying a game that can be played for short periods of time and doesn't require lots of attention, and thought a sports game fits those conditions. Trying to choose between VirtuaTennis or The Show. Haven't played a baseball game for years now but liked what I've seen about The Show overall. Last tennis game I bought was Top Spin 4, loved it but stopped playing after a couple of months, don't know what is that I love about tennis games since I've bought several for years, but I just stop playing them after a short while.

Is there another game that can be played for short periods of time but still lasts long?

Thanks!

Sylver

Banned
I got the patch but just find it strange that something I downloaded today needs to be patched before I can play it. Why is the game I downloaded this morning not patched already? I understand totally the need to patch but don't understand why the patch isn't rolled into the game for new buyers. Like I said, it's not a big deal just annoying.

That happens because when you buy a game from the store you download the 1.0 version not the up to date version, If you delete the game and re-donwloaded it you will have tu update the game once more time (This happens with PS3 games too).

In my experience pretty much everything except racing games work fine in shorter sessions because of the sleep mode. Finding something that doesn't require your full attention is more difficult. The Endless mode in Super Stardust Delta is perfect for short sessions, but will require zen-like concentration if you want to get a high score.

slider

Finally got my hands on mine. Pretty sweet. I've got a load of games on my 8gig card (and Rayman hardcopy). But quickly realised that the 8gig won't be enough (it's already full).

I'm gonna weigh up whether I keep the content I have on the 8gig or transfer everything to the 32gig that turned up on Fri. Hmm. Anyone an opinion on swapping out cards regularly? I'm assuming that's possible?

Finally, what a smudge factory! I'm a little annoyed that I left my screen protector and case at home. They were delivered there and I didn't have the foresight to bring them with me. Dammit.

I contacted system 3 about the release date of super putty squad, this is the answer:

Waiting for this too, played the old one on Amiga. Btw will the US store get Speedball 2 someday and does the EU version work on the Vita?

My Hori case still stinks after one week, GAF wasn't joking.

In my experience pretty much everything except racing games work fine in shorter sessions because of the sleep mode. Finding something that doesn't require your full attention is more difficult. The Endless mode in Super Stardust Delta is perfect for short sessions, but will require zen-like concentration if you want to get a high score.

That's actually a great sugestion! And way cheaper than the other two. Thanks!

Number45

For those having issues with Content Manager, I'm sure I installed it from the Vita itself (i.e. just attach it to a PC without the software installed and follow the prompts given) and I've never had a single problem with it (aside from the obvious slow transfer rate).

Pengew

So, I let my brother borrow Uncharted GA. Do i have to delete my icon/save file before i can play again? Does backing up through content manager, deleting the icon, then restoring solve the problem or are you basically screwed if you loan a game to someone?

Is that Pure Chess game a buy once get on both deal? Kinda tempted to pick it up to learn how to play.
No, unfortunately not. I got the Vita version since it was only about €6.

Wasn't we supposed to get some pinball game this week in Europe? Whatever happened to that?

test_account

XP-39C²
So, I let my brother borrow Uncharted GA. Do i have to delete my icon/save file before i can play again? Does backing up through content manager, deleting the icon, then restoring solve the problem or are you basically screwed if you loan a game to someone?
I think this problem only accured if the saving was on the cart itself? (which isnt the case with Uncharted).

Zutroy

No, unfortunately not. I got the Vita version since it was only about €6.

Wasn't we supposed to get some pinball game this week in Europe? Whatever happened to that?

That sucks, but I bought it anyway! I figured I was more likely to play it on the Vita than the PS3, so I got the Vita version. It's certainly the prettiest looking game of chess I've ever seen!

Koroviev

Finally got my hands on mine. Pretty sweet. I've got a load of games on my 8gig card (and Rayman hardcopy). But quickly realised that the 8gig won't be enough (it's already full).

I'm gonna weigh up whether I keep the content I have on the 8gig or transfer everything to the 32gig that turned up on Fri. Hmm. Anyone an opinion on swapping out cards regularly? I'm assuming that's possible?

Finally, what a smudge factory! I'm a little annoyed that I left my screen protector and case at home. They were delivered there and I didn't have the foresight to bring them with me. Dammit.

Yes, it's possible. You just have to tether your account to each card.

I'm actually using microfiber cloths to interact with and maintain the screen. I only touch the screen directly if it's a quick tap.

slider

Yes, it's possible. You just have to tether your account to each card.

I'm actually using microfiber cloths to interact with and maintain the screen. I only touch the screen directly if it's a quick tap.

Thanks Koroviev. That'll be the way I do it then.

Super Stardust is my next purchase then. So far I have:

Wipeout (OMG)
Escape Plan (seems fun and I love the style)
VT4 (despite playing tennis irl I suck at it)
Little Deviants (haven't tried it yet)
Motorstorm (as above)
Lumines (as above)
Touch my Katamari (as above)
Hustle Kings (fun as a diversion)
Rayman (beautiful)
Mutant Blob (haha!)

Guess Uncharted is a must buy too and maybe Fifa. If anyone has opinions for "airplace activities" please do share.

Koroviev

Wipeout (OMG)
Motorstorm (as above)
Lumines (as above)
Rayman (beautiful)
Mutant Blob (haha!)

Guess Uncharted is a must buy too and maybe Fifa. If anyone has opinions for "airplace activities" please do share.

Wipeout does look incredible. Of the other Vita games currently available, I'm only really interested in BlazBlue, Disgaea 3, Lumines and HSG at discounted prices. Also have Gravity Rush pre-ordered. It's too bad that we don't get the Japanese baseball games.

Have you looked at the PSP games? Picked up Tactics Ogre and Gods Eater Burst. Not quite as impressed with the emulation as I thought I'd be (it's hard to save ultra-jaggy PSP 3D), but pretty content nonetheless. Need to play Tactics Ogre as an SRPG nut and would like GEB to be my intro to MonHun games.

What has really blown me away is animation on the Vita. Now that really showcases the OLED's capabilities. Great for watching anime in bed.

Wipeout (OMG)
Motorstorm (as above)
Lumines (as above)
Rayman (beautiful)
Mutant Blob (haha!)

Disgaea3 and VT4 are my most played games right now. I'm a native res junky so I probably won't pick up any of the blurry shit until they are under $20.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Bleh. Between this and Pure Chess, they seem to be dropping the ball on cross play. It's such a great feature, I wish Sony pushed it more.

It is a shame that they aren't currently doing more, not only should they be pushing companies to do it with some sort of incentive but it should be part of their advertising too, buy this game on the Playstation Store and you get the Vita and PS3 versions.

Even better if they could get a big game behind it, imagine a CoD that is on both and you can buy both together for once price.
Hopefully we will see more at E3.

see5harp

Sper stardust near game goods are the most irritating and useless notifications. I really hope they patch near so that you can just ignore certain games like you can ignore people on your Facebook wall. I swear I have 4 game goods for sper stardust everytime I turn on my Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom